“Wonderful Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was recently visiting my daughter in Cheyenne and decided to call at the last minute and see if we could get a reservation as I have always wanted to try this place. Lucky for us, they got us into an early seating. We were pleasantly surprised with the menu and our waiter was wonderful. He made several suggestions "crab cakes" for the appetizer which were wonderful and both my daughter and I are Vegetarians and they made adjustments to one entree and then we also had the "spaghetti and Meatballs" vegetarian style which was wonderful. All in all we had a wonderful dinner...appetizer we shared, bottle of wine, two entrees and shared a dessert, with a 20% tip for $100. Would definitely go again ! Also, when I asked if there was a dress code, he stated " we want you to be comfortable, no dress code". You can go in jeans or business casual, I think anything works here.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Sheree G

Wyoming
“An amazing evening!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is our second at MHB. We were visiting our daughter in Cheyenne, and called MHB mid-afternoon to see if we could perchance get a reservation. We got lucky. A table was available at 7:30. We travel at lot -- we eat in a lot of nice restaurants! This is one of nicest, most satisfactory restaurant dinners in many months. Good service. Wonderful flavors on pretty china. A surprisingly good bottle of Vino Verdi for $22! Sure, someone had just ordered the last crab cakes; but we tried another appetizer with a strawberry cucumber salsa & loved it! A fine meal! What a treat -- and in Cheyenne, Wyoming! Wow,

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank WYjudy
Los Angeles, California
“Nice find Cheyenne”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My son and I stopped to take a few photos at the Capital of Wyoming while driving from Colorado to South Dakota. We checked to see if there was anywhere close by to eat with a good TA review and found that we were less than a mile away from the #1 pick in Cheyenne.

It happened to be a Sunday so they only had a brunch menu (only a few items to choose from but very interesting items). I ordered the fried green tomato BLT which was served on a croissant. It was too unusual for me to pass up a chance to try fried green tomatoes served that way. I did enjoy it but I saw someone who ordered the shrimp salad and it looked very good (more my partiality and I would order it next time).

We both enjoyed sitting on their quaint patio and eating our southern cooked meal. The service was great!

I would like to go back the next time I am passing through town and try their regular menu which I am sure will be just as good.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Momsperception
Sylvania, Georgia
“Southern Hospitality in Old Cheyenne”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have season tickets to Cheyenne Frontier Days, so we have visited Cheyenne many times. Previously we would dine at chain restaurants, but this year I found Morris House Bistro on Trip Advisor. Being from Georgia, we were skeptical about having Southern cuisine in Cowboy country. We needn't have worried----Morris House Bistro's offerings were as good as or better than anything we have had in Charleston, Atlanta, or Savannah. In fact, we visited Morris House for dinner twice in three days. On our first visit we dined on the patio. We enjoyed that experience so much that we made reservations for the dining room for our next visit. The food was outstanding, from the appetizers to the desserts! Who knew we could have cheese grits in Cheyenne? The Slow-Smoked Pork Medallions , Spicy Fried Okra, Mama Lee's Mac and Cheese, Herbed Cheese Grits, and Market Street Crabcakes were wonderful, not to mention the MHB House Salad and the cobbler and bread pudding! Now before you get the idea that we completely pigged out, remember that this was during two visits! Dameione, one of the owners, is just a good ole boy from Ninety Six, South Carolina, a town not too far from Augusta, Georgia, where we grew up. He and his partner have created a truly unique Southern dining experience in Cheyenne. When you're in Cheyenne, you definitely need to put Morris House Bistro on your list of places to visit!

3 Thank cab73
“Homemade Low Country cooking at its best!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We so appreciated the thoughtfully gathered ingredients from their respective sources. Crab and shrimp from South Carolina, amd fish from Hawaii. Fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, house salad with strawberry vinaigrette and Low Country shrimp and grits were outstanding. Owner Dameione Cameron is delightful and the bread pudding to die for!

1 Thank Pmazbloom