“An amazing evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Morris House Bistro - CLOSED

Morris House Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wyoming
“An amazing evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is our second at MHB. We were visiting our daughter in Cheyenne, and called MHB mid-afternoon to see if we could perchance get a reservation. We got lucky. A table was available at 7:30. We travel at lot -- we eat in a lot of nice restaurants! This is one of nicest, most satisfactory restaurant dinners in many months. Good service. Wonderful flavors on pretty china. A surprisingly good bottle of Vino Verdi for $22! Sure, someone had just ordered the last crab cakes; but we tried another appetizer with a strawberry cucumber salsa & loved it! A fine meal! What a treat -- and in Cheyenne, Wyoming! Wow,

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank WYjudy

Los Angeles, California
“Nice find Cheyenne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My son and I stopped to take a few photos at the Capital of Wyoming while driving from Colorado to South Dakota. We checked to see if there was anywhere close by to eat with a good TA review and found that we were less than a mile away from the #1 pick in Cheyenne.

It happened to be a Sunday so they only had a brunch menu (only a few items to choose from but very interesting items). I ordered the fried green tomato BLT which was served on a croissant. It was too unusual for me to pass up a chance to try fried green tomatoes served that way. I did enjoy it but I saw someone who ordered the shrimp salad and it looked very good (more my partiality and I would order it next time).

We both enjoyed sitting on their quaint patio and eating our southern cooked meal. The service was great!

I would like to go back the next time I am passing through town and try their regular menu which I am sure will be just as good.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Momsperception
Sylvania, Georgia
“Southern Hospitality in Old Cheyenne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have season tickets to Cheyenne Frontier Days, so we have visited Cheyenne many times. Previously we would dine at chain restaurants, but this year I found Morris House Bistro on Trip Advisor. Being from Georgia, we were skeptical about having Southern cuisine in Cowboy country. We needn't have worried----Morris House Bistro's offerings were as good as or better than anything we have had in Charleston, Atlanta, or Savannah. In fact, we visited Morris House for dinner twice in three days. On our first visit we dined on the patio. We enjoyed that experience so much that we made reservations for the dining room for our next visit. The food was outstanding, from the appetizers to the desserts! Who knew we could have cheese grits in Cheyenne? The Slow-Smoked Pork Medallions , Spicy Fried Okra, Mama Lee's Mac and Cheese, Herbed Cheese Grits, and Market Street Crabcakes were wonderful, not to mention the MHB House Salad and the cobbler and bread pudding! Now before you get the idea that we completely pigged out, remember that this was during two visits! Dameione, one of the owners, is just a good ole boy from Ninety Six, South Carolina, a town not too far from Augusta, Georgia, where we grew up. He and his partner have created a truly unique Southern dining experience in Cheyenne. When you're in Cheyenne, you definitely need to put Morris House Bistro on your list of places to visit!

3 Thank cab73
“Homemade Low Country cooking at its best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We so appreciated the thoughtfully gathered ingredients from their respective sources. Crab and shrimp from South Carolina, amd fish from Hawaii. Fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, house salad with strawberry vinaigrette and Low Country shrimp and grits were outstanding. Owner Dameione Cameron is delightful and the bread pudding to die for!

1 Thank Pmazbloom
Starks, Louisiana
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Morris House Bistro is possibly the best dining experience I have ever had ! From the welcome at the door, the friendly staff, the promptness of the food delivery, the presentation of each dish , to the excellent taste !! I'd give them an A plus !!
The fried green tomatoes, fried okra, lowcountry shrimp and grits,
frog legs, ribeye, and peach cobbler were awesome and that's quite a compliment coming from us Louisiana residents . Will definitely return to Morris House Bistro on our next trip to Cheyenne Frontier Days !

1 Thank lovecabo_vm