WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Scary Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Don't be fooled by the pictures. We stayed here during Cheyenne Frontier Days and booked through priceline. The reviews on priceline were mixed and we couldn't find another hotel in town with an available room so we took a chance. BAD MOVE! The main part of the hotel burned down several years ago ( we were told by locals at the rodeo) and the lobby and available rooms occupy what used to be the restaurant and lounge in the back building. So when we first drove by we couldn't believe our eyes. All we saw was a big, abandoned hotel with metal fencing around it. Then we saw the sign pointing to the back of the building and saw the "Lobby" sign lit up. YIKES!! The girl at the front desk was very polite, but we couldn't believe our room: furniture broken, the chairs were tattered, the toilet didn't flush well, the floors and bathroom area dirty, and we were paying close to $200 a night!! (Obviously they were taking advantage of the fact that the rodeo was in town and rooms were scarce). The hotel is located right next to the train tracks and the train passes by quite frequently so we were awakened several times during the night.
We booked two nights but begged priceline to get us out of the second night and refund us, which they did (thank you priceline!!!). All I can say is, don't "hitch yourself to this post".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jack2621

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Whatever you do do not book this place. It is dirty, half codemed, overpriced and run by the rudest people on e face of the earth. You would be better off sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: Stay in any other place in Cheyenne. There is nothing worse.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ColoradoKid4
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The room was not cleaned, there was a broken toilet in the first room, the second room had spit in the sink, filthy bathroom floor, smelled horrible, filth in the garbage bins, no garbage liners, scum in the tub! This was not hygienic! We quickly got a refund and are staying elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Estaschmott
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Ok, it looked a bit dodgy when I pulled in but once I got into the lobby and met the hostess and got to my room I was very pleased. The room was large, spotless and homey. I have seen apartments smaller than my room. The beds were comfortable, there was a sitting area , and the bathroom was larger than one in my house. It looked like they have been doing updating in the bathrooms. I found it funny that there was a phone jack in the bathroom. Remember when that was cool?. If they can continue with their up dating, this place can be a great retreat. I would make one suggestion: put trash can in the bathroom so women don't have to walk into room with used female products. The hostess was very pleasant but the poor gal had working very long hours. Regardless of her being tired I still enjoyed her company to talk to. I stayed July 3rd 2012. This was a "don't judge a book by its cover" place. It was well worth the price for Cheyenne.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Draper, UT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

These are very modest accommodations at this old style motel, where the rooms are accessed from outside. My room, while large, appeared to have been vacuumed only in the main part of the room. What I mean is that there was a considerable amount of dust built up between the bed and the desk and to show I am not being picky the area I speak of was about 12" x 18" and it was grey from the thick layer of dust on it (yuck). Obviously the furniture had not been moved in quite some time. The mattress and pillows were old and in need of replacement and the a/c cycled continuously all night (it would not stay on). The shower in my room had virtually no pressure but my associate staying next door said he had plenty of water pressure, so your experience may vary. The cold breakfast is very basic: danish or cereal plus coffee and juice. The staff is very nice and friendly though.

Room Tip: In all candor, stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Please before you book a room in this "hotel" read the news about it and how the owners true to burn it down to collect insurance money. The rooms are disgusting, there wasn't hot water on our room, the carpets were wet and torn and the room smelled like smoke even though we booked a none smoking room. Yes staff was very friendly and nice but unfortunately I'd rathe stay pay more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Jamjay10
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Most of the buildings on this property are abandoned so driving up at night you see only one building with lights on. While the service was great, and the room was nice and comfortable, the hotel location was creepy. It didn't help that I checked in at night, and when I got to my room, most of the lights in the room didn't work, and I had to walk to the other end of the room to get a working light. I stayed here on my travels east, and avoided Cheyenne altogether when I came back through.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family