“BEWARE!! This place gave my family Scabies!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeo Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Rodeo Inn
You added Rodeo Inn to your Saves list
3839 E. Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001   |
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
“BEWARE!! This place gave my family Scabies!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My family and I were stranded when our vehicle broke down and this place was closest to where we were. I would never stay again. The room was dirty, we found bugs on one of the beds. If it were not for the freezing temperature outside we would have walked our two and four year old children some place else. TURNS OUT STAYING WAS A WORSE DECISION!! When we left I had bug bites on my neck and arm. When they did not go away I took my family to the doctor. When they informed me that we had scabies I called the hotel to inform them that we had contracted them there the clerk said "We don't rent rooms like that" and hung up on me!! BEWARE WE STAYED IN ROOM 114 AND I AM NOT SURE IF THEY PLAN TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!
My family WILL NOT be staying here again!!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Skaggs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

It's more of an extended stay hotel. I've been staying here for two weeks now and haven't had any problems what so ever. The microwave is really good, the mini fridge is pretty worth it, and the staff has been nothing but friendly. I was initially worried about how my stay would be but going on my third week here I am enjoying it. If you're looking for a luxury hotel this is definately not it, but if you are in need of a place that is clean and friendly and not horribly scary then the rodeo is a decent place to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cj M
Stugis, sd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had to have my motorcycle towed into Cheyenne, Much to my relief there was the Rodeo Inn directly across the street. This is one of the many older hotels/motels/inns that remain along U. S. Highway 30 which served travellers before I-80 routed travellers away from the Highway 30. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and very kind. The rate was very affordable. At the time of this post about $40/night.

The room had a mircowave and refridgerator. The bathroom was ceramic tile very clean as was the bedding. Granted the room could use a coat of paint and the carpet is in need of replacement. Overall the room was clean and there were no bugs or spiders! This is a no frills kind of place, so if you are expecting the same amenities as a Holiday Inn and Suites this is not the hotel for you.

Overall the Rodeo Inn served my needs. Clean bathroom, hot shower, comfortable and clean bed. Convenantly located to a shopping mall, two restraunts (one a lovely mexican food place north of the motorcycle dealership and one to east) All within an easy walk expecially nice when one is without wheels! One more note this motel has nightly, weekly, and monthly rates.

Room Tip: End rooms are very quiet on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank J N
jeff city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is not worth your time or money. If you choose to stay be sure to bring lots of Lysol, cleaning supplies, and air freshener. Be sure to not associate with the motel desk clerk. Very unclean and unsanitary. Hotel staff was very unpleasant and looked like on drugs. Very deceiving motel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JeffCityCouponmom
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We arrived in Cheyenne at the beginning of "Frontier Days" which is a huge, week long festival with rodeos, parades, etc. Finding a room at any of the chain motels was impossible and the rates were jacked sky high.
We finally found the Rodeo Inn. It is a substandard structure with families apparently living full time in some of the rooms.
The rooms are spacious enough with micro and refrigerator. Everything is well worn and burn holes in the blankets common. Everything works and I didn't see any mold, mildew or rust in the bathroom.
It was noisy at times but since the outside temperature was near 100 F, we kept the AC running which drowned out most of it.
This is REALLY basic accommodations but in a pinch it worked for us. At a $100/night we were being robbed blind. I wouldn't stay here for $40/night if anything else was available.
If you plan on visiting Cheyenne during Frontier Days plan far ahead or you could find yourself here.

Room Tip: Only if you have no other option
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple