“Good value”
Review of Guest Ranch Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Guest Ranch Motel
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
Elizabeth, Colorado
“Good value”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had a rough night driving through a blizzard for hours. I checked into the first motel I saw. The Lariat just off the interstate.. BIG MISTAKE! It was completely unlivable. I went to get my money back and they refused and only offered half. I argued for awhile and sick of the games I settled just to get out of there. Down the street I found the Guest Ranch Motel. I asked to see the room first. It had new paint, a new bed, new decor and a completely remodeled bathroom. After seeing the conditions I checked in and had a peaceful night's sleep. The only drawback is the old school radiator heat. You cannot cool it down if you get too hot. Overall the price was great and room livable. All of the decent hotel chains in Cheyenne seem to be priced higher than normal. However, if you can hang on until the next town (Laramie, WY) there are much better hotel rates and good choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CTSTransportation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here late August 2013. Rolled into Cheyenne late evening not knowing what to expect. When on long road trips out west we usually try to find a AAA rated mom and pop type motel. This place didn't look bad from road and advertised on their sign "quality rooms". I've stayed at some budget motels and a couple that I'd never go back to. Out of about 60 different motels we've stayed at out west in the last few years, this was at the very bottom of the list. Guess we should've drove all the way to the back and checked the place out before paying for a room because that is where they put us and it was disgusting. Ceiling tiles were out of place, obvious roof leaks that hadn't been repaired from the inside, dingy room, smelled like cheap perfume, terrible linens. They even turned out all the outside lights at nite!!! except for the one in the middle of the complex. Looked like they never swept outside the rooms and all that crap just tracked inside. Could not sleep because I seriously wondered if this was the kind of place that didn't change the sheets after each guest. And for late August and the part of Cheyenne it was located, I don't think $72 (before tax) is such a bargain (and they told us this was a $30 discount!). Looks like absolutely nothing has been done to it since it was built many years ago. Cleanliness and guest safety (no outside lights) don't appear to be a concern to owner/manager. When I stay at budget motels, I don't expect a whole lot but I do expect cleanliness and want to feel safe. This place gave me the creeps and I was concerned about picking up bugs.

Room Tip: Don't know what the rooms are like, but maybe they are a little better at the front of the prope...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joyce s

Travelers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Snead, Alabama
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here during the Cheyenne Frontier Days, of course the rates were higher than normal because of the rodeo, but we needed a place to stay at the last minute. The staff was super friendly when we checked in, they gave us a two bedroom "suite" with a King bed and Double bed, which worked out great for out crew. At first glance, the place didn't look very night, not super clean on the outside and the room is very out of date. Looks like the wall paper has been there since the place opened, nothing matched like the comforter and curtains. BUT turns out the room was VERY VERY clean, the beds were comfortable and we had a refrigerator in our room. Perfect place to stay on a rodeo trip. Nothing fancy, but clean and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Loveland
Reviewed July 22, 2012

So they jack hotel prices up during Cheyenne Frontier Days. Our dilemma...pay 3 times the normal cost for 1 room with 2 beds at a lower end chain, OR stay at a mom and pop place, get 2 rooms for $100 less. Guest Ranch is a typical single level hotel in need of some upgrades. BUT...the bathroom was clean, sheets were clean and new. People running it were friendly as were all of our neighbors staying there. We needed a place to sleep and shower--we got it.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank COmomma77
california
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I guess you can spend a couple of dollars more, and be in a nicer part of Cheyenne. I didn't realize that there were nicer hotels for the same amount of money (or $10 more) just about 5 miles away.

But it was a cool little roadside motel. Things were clean, the clerk was very funny and friendly, and across the street was a cool restaurant that was in a converted train caboose.

If you're into hanging around cheap motels, then you'll do fine here. I thought the neighborhood was a bit sketchy, and honestly it looked like it was 2 levels up from being a hooker's motel, but I slept soundly, had no complaints, and left without any problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ANTHONYROBERSON
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2011

For a frankly incredible $40 I got a night here (only about $10 more than a camp site might have cost). There's loads of parking here right outside your room and the main centre of Cheyenne is a short walk away (including the excellent 2 Doors Down burger cafe).
Downsides were housekeeping seemed to have developed selective blindness when preparing the room as I found full bins, a pair of boxer shorts from the previous resident on the dresser and a half-finished soft drink container in the bathroom. The place also smelled strongly of disinfectant.
It's an old, unloved motel and it shows, the rooms have certainly seen better days, but all I wanted was a wireless connection, a bed and a shower. If you're not precious this cheap motel should entirely suffice and at that price, the shortcomings (whilst not excusable) are perhaps to be expected.

Room Tip: If you need wireless, ask to be closer to the reception where the main router is
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank brotherharry
Nebraska
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Since we're "budget travellers" arriving in Cheyenne late on a Thursday night we checked out Motel 6, then the inausupicious Luxury Inn - both full. We looked into probably 7 other hotels in the area and they, too were all full. The desk clerk at the Days Inn told us that construction workers filled all the hotels. We went "deeper" into town and finally found space for us at the Guest Ranch.
This place is old and in a run-down area of town. Although the room had old panelling and old, dated furnishings, it was fairly clean. It's also old style where you can drive up to your door. Basically our type of place except for the price - dang near $100! That's outrageous for a 50 year old, un-refurbished motel with absolutely no amenities - zilch. The lady at the desk was nice enough and put us into a "family room" but, frankly, we were gouged - big time!
Had I not been charged double the actual value of that room, it would have recieved a much better review. I find out later that this is the "culture" of hotels in Cheyenne - the prices go up as the rooms fill up - I can only imagine what it's like during their Frontier Days. Guess I won't be finding out first hand becuase I won't be coming back to Cheyenne - good riddance to the whole cheating town.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends