“Cleanest linens in the west!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stage Coach Motel

Stage Coach Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Stage Coach Motel
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
San Francisco, California
“Cleanest linens in the west!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We received a recommendation from another establishment in town, and were very pleasantly surprised! It doesn't look especially promising from the outside, but we found our room to be very clean (!), comfortable and spacious, with two double beds, a microwave, bar refrigerator, a closet, and nice area with a sink/mirror/countertop outside of the actual restroom. Free WiFi and a good cup of coffee were a plus! The proprietor is very kind and helpful and has obviously invested time and energy refurbishing the hotel. It is located between I-80 (far enough not to hear it) and the downtown area, which was very convenient.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank operajacque

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

My only reason for writing this review is to encourage anyone who thinks about staying here to think twice. This really was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. I should have realized it wouldn't turn out well given that the front desk had a sign that says you have to pay in advance and that there are absolutely no refunds.

The front desk was dirty and was only lit by the neon "vacancy" sign. That front room had saloon-style doors to a room in the back where the only source of light was the flickering blue glow of a television set. A woman eventually came through the saloon doors to the front desk, seemed annoyed I was even there, and said I could have the last room.

I reluctantly paid (the other hotels in the area were full) and looked for some parking since our truck wouldn't fit in the parking lot. I tried parking next door at the homeless shelter but they told me I couldn't, so I parked in the lot of an abandoned building next to the homeless shelter.

We went in our room, which was filthy and I tried to use the restroom. The toilet was broken and sprayed water all over the bathroom, drenching me in the process. I went up front and asked for another room (yes I remembered she said we had gotten the last room). After I explained how the toilet had now soaked the bathroom in our room, she again seemed annoyed that I was there and, unsurprisingly, didn't apologize for the fact that I too was soaking. She said she'd have someone look at it and gave us the key for a different room.

The second room had a few less insects and rodents (no, I'm not exaggerating) but was equally run down. The door locks didn't really lock and the trains running on the tracks right next to the hotel were a nuisance all night long.

The only thing I liked about the motel was leaving. Please never stay here.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bird_Eyes
Edgewood, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

A very nostalgic Motor Inn. Clean, comfortable beds, great water pressure, hot water, microwave, fridge, cable, ice machine. It was about 2 miles from shopping. Great price. It has a large closet for extended stays and a separate, large dressing area. The management was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amym505
breckenridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

The Stage Coach Motel is nice and clean and cheap. Great bathroom, hot water, cheap, and very friendly. Pink tiles in the bathroom. I love this place, and will stay again. I usually stay at the silly chains when I travel. This was WAY better. Very clean. Have I said that?

2 Thank breckguy