Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne
$101
$114
$169
Hotels.com
My Place Hotel-Cheyenne, WY(Cheyenne)
$105
$127
$135
$118
Hampton.com
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtbiscuits and gravycontinental breakfastthe check in processtrain tracksplace to stayeasy accessoutback steakhousethe breakfast areabedsmotelnoisedryersinkrepair
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am a 75 year old retiree and a seasoned car traveler. I look for value in a motel and can tolerate many motel shortcomings as I carry with me most of the things that motels may lack and I am a sound sleeper. I look for a cheap, fairly clean room with a somewhat comfortable bed and a shower with plenty of hot water and good pressure. Bugs don't bother me but I saw none here.
I booked this motel through the ABVI website for $55.58 a night for a king non-smoking room for Monday, 19 November, 2012 but arrived a day early. My Internet rate was accepted by the friendly desk clerk after an OK from the female manager.
Check-in went smoothly and my Discover card was accepted.
This motel is a former Express Inn and a former Econo Lodge but has survived these transitions fairly well.
My 2nd floor South exposure room was basic, clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom, and both were free of bugs and/or odors and the bed and bath linen were clean and likewise stain and odor free.
The south side of this building faces on to Lincoln Way and a railroad track. Being a sound sleeper I heard neither trains nor traffic.
My room #230 was, as are all I presume, equipped with a microwave and a mini fridge both of which worked as did all lights and TV. I did note that the access door at the far west front of the building which requires a key entry did not always close properly thus leaving it open to the public.
My van, with automatic door closures, I carelessly left unlocked and a side door open all night in the parking lot. Nothing was missing from the van and the local Yellow Cab driver who operates out of the motel at all hours told me he had seen no one near the van all night.
I checked out at 3:00am and Jen, the desk clerk, was kind enough to make fresh coffee for me for the road.
All in all, a great experience and if I come this way again this will definitely be an overnight stop.

Room Tip: Request a room on North or back side of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Elizabeth K, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to respond on trip advisor.
We want to tell you Jenn is a wonderful front desk clerk and works the grave yard shift, Thanks Jenn this is a long lonely shift and we Love you for hanging in there for so long. Yes she is friendly and will help you any time she works. We take great pride in keeping this property clean and bug free but we could not do this without our wonderful staff, thanks guys.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne was very pleasant and restful.

I called the day before to request a room on the north side (non railroad noise side) of the building. The management put me in room 223. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and king size bed. The room was very clean, the WiFi worked fine, there is a nice desk and receptacle close to the desk. The train noise is audible all over town, and I could hear the trains at night, but the noise would not keep me up, or wake me up. The train noise during the day is much louder.

The staff is very nice and helpful.

My only negative comment is that there should be coffee makers in every room. My room didn't have one and I don't think any of the rooms had one. This means you have to go to the lobby to get a cup of coffee or tea.

I would stay here anytime I'm in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter side of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Elizabeth K, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for the review. We have rooms available away from the tracks and some guests request them from time to time. All the motels are near the tracks on this street I call it motel row. We are at the far end of the street so we do not get the wistle from the trains and less noise.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

For an inexpensive motel, we found this place to be way above average. We had a very clean king size bed room with a great shower. The hosts were friendly and helpful and the breakfast while not expansive, was adequate and good. A great place to stop for the night while traveling through.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thanks for you input we try really hard to make this a nice clean and friendly place for overnight travelers.
Elizabeth Kreiger
GM

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This property is close to the interstate so we pulled in to check it out. We looked at the rooms first and they were reasonably clean so we decided to stay. The motel is also close to the railroad tracks but we had our ear plugs along so we didn't hear a thing all night. Our room was close to the smoking section so if you find that offensive see if you can get a room away from that area. They wifi was also very poor in our room and not that great in the lobby. The breakfast room was good sized and well stocked when we used it. It was nothing special but what you would expect. Check in and out went smooth.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side away for the train tracks would be best and also if you don't smoke try to get a room away from smoking area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review.
We have a well stocked breakfast, of course it is not bacon and eggs but it is nice yogart and such. We had since fixed the internet as it was a new install plus we also installed new windows so the noise level is much less then before. We are in the best spot on Lincolnway Exit 9 I-25 close to interstate and away from the train crossing down the road a mile by the other motels.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hotel/motel prices have been going up steadily - and on this trip we decided to try some of the more budget priced motels that had good Tripadvisor ratings. I learned that I need to stick with the somewhat higher priced locations - because we did NOT like this place AT ALL.

I don't know what everyone else sees in this place.

In Cheyenne there is a cluster of motels all in the same area. This place is far removed from there and off by itself in a very dark location. When we entered the lobby the front desk area is surrounded with glass (looked like a bulletproof surrounding or something) - very odd. There were bunches of people working back there like watching an office. And the girl checking us in barely spoke English - we had to ask her to repeat herself over and over.

We had a truck with a UHaul and the parking for trucks is in an adjacent abandoned gas station - it did not feel safe at all. The halls smelled like smoke and animal urine. The room was tolerable but dated. We slept okay and it was tolerably clean. That's about the best we can say. But no more 'value' motels for us - we'll step up a few dollars for safe and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

First of all we like all responses and we must say were shocked when we read this review.
1. We are not far removed at all, as we are right next door to another big major chain motel,105 room? Plus well lite up all around with good parking just like the neighbor motel.
2. The glass that encloses the front desk is there because it used to be only open until midnight. The previous owners had a phone out front for guests to call after hours.
Since we took over 1 1/2 years ago we now have a 24 hour front desk. The glass is left open around the front desk always and it is not bullet proof either it is just plain old single pane glass. We are in the process of removing the glass and remodeling the front desk area just like we have done all over the motel.
3. Our soft spoken very sweet front desk girl speaks perfect english and she is the friendliest person one could ever meet. It hurts us because one only needs to meet her to find this out.
4. Parking, we do own a lot for truck parking right next door to our motel and the other motel also uses it. No one has ever complained about this before, not from either motel. It is a good spot and never once have we had an issue from this bofore?
5. We do have 4 smoking rooms upstairs just like most motels in town and on occation smoke does drift into the hall way but not into the none smoking rooms.
6. Pets are not aloud upstairs so as far a pet urine no way, we monitor this extreamly close and we just put in new carpet hall ways and all rooms. Plus 5 star beds all new! I think maybe they just may have smelled Asian food that someone heated up in an micro wave.
7. We are a very clean property with newly renovated rooms and very safe. The value is such we are a 2 star property and we always get complements about how our motel looks and the great job that has been done in the rooms.