“Tidy, basics, but NO HAIR DRYERS !/?”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Tidy, basics, but NO HAIR DRYERS !/?”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

bathrooms need updating; sub par soaps and shampoos. clearly if you are desperate this is a decent clean place. staff was very pleasant and offered to see before booking. no hair dryers so bring your own. wifi not always avail in rooms but is in lobby. they allow both pets and smoking so if you want a non/smoking room and without pets due to allergies you have to ask.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments, we appreciate them and take them seriously. We use your comments to evaluate our Inn and services and to make changes when needed. We do have hair dryers available on request and we will be adding those to our amenity package in the near future. We have 4 designate pet rooms available in the hotel and they are all in the same area of the hotel. We also have 6 smoking rooms in the same section as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and as we complete our renovation process we will be adding these things in all rooms. We do have hair dryers on request as well as Irons and ironing boards, just ask at the front desk. Again thank you for staying at ABVI Cheyenne, Wy.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Standard amenities in the room, service average, quite good breakfast.
A big plus: free pc in the lobby in addition to wi-fi
A minus: Really far from Cheyenne (don't think it's even within the town's limits) though just next to I-25. Absolutely need a car to stay there. Not too cheap considering location.

Room Tip: Possibly not facing the train tracks although it didn't wake me up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments We appreciate your business we are located on the west end of town and about a mile from the center of town. It is actually walkable if you wish to do so. We work hard to provide you with the best possible accommodations for the most reasonable rates.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our review of this hotel isn't terrible, but not outstanding. It is in the midst of renovations and so that makes things a little dicey. Room was clean and comfortable. Beds were nice, there is a fridge and microwave, Lobby is nice, we havent had b fast yet. The bathroom is dated and loud. When someone shuts the door from next door, the wall to your room shakes. This hotel has asked Hotels.com to take the pool feature off their page but they haven't yet, there is a pool just being renovated. VERY NICE staff. I would come here again, it's a good point A to point B hotel, with good upgrades coming.

Room Tip: far from the road
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review as you pointed out we were going through a renovation of our Inn and all of our guest rooms and lobby have been renovated. The pool is currently completed and we are waiting on an operations permit from the city. Once we have that we will be opening the swimming pool as well which is indoor and year round.
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently booked a family suite for a trip to Cheyenne, Wyoming for my Daughter, Son-in-Law, and 3 grandchildren as well as my husband and myself. It was advertised as being a "Non-Smoking Family Suite"! We checked several sites for prices and reviews and it was advertised on at least one site (sorry, I checked so many I can't tell you which one it was) as being two rooms with king sized beds with a common sitting area with a pull out sofa sleeper. When checking into the room we found a single room with two king sized beds crammed in and a sleeper sofa that when it was pulled out left maximum 12" walking space to get through.This room was on the second floor with no elevator or luggage carts! (My husband has recently had major back surgery and I am permanently disabled with knee injuries! Even the old historical Plains Hotel has an elevator, along with charm and approx the same price! No pool but we didn't have one either!) It was extremely hot, not only because of it being mid July, but because of the horrenous heat wave engulfing the entire country and we noticed that even though they were expecting us the air conditioner had not been turned on! We immediatly turned on the air conditioner while we continued to haul luggage and other items needed for our four day stay here. We figured that we could cool off in the pool while our room was cooling off and noticed that the room just was not cooling off! That is when we noticed the air conditioner was not working! Not only that, the pool was down for renovations as well!They were well aware of the fact that there were 7 people in this so called "family Suite" but daily we had to ask for more towels and cups as they gave us 4 every day! I called the desk and asked the clerk on duty to please come up and help us figure out if we were not doing something right to get this air conditioning unit working properly. We were told he would be up "when he got a chance!" It was so hot in there that we opened the window and the door to the room to try and get a cross ventilation only to have our "non-smoking" room fill with cigarette smoke because the smoking rooms are at the end of the hallway! (3 of us have asthma, my 4yr old grand daughter so severe she is on daily medication and has been hospitalized for it many times!) 45 minutes later he finally "got a chance", came in held his hand over the unit and said it is cold it is just not blowing the cold air out! In other words the air conditioner was working but the fan was not! The only plus side to this situation is this unit also was sitting 6" from the pull out sofa where the grandchildren were going to be sleeping, and I was concerned for them getting overly cold with this blowing directly on them. Every time I mentioned a problem the "pat answer" from the desk clerk was "sorry for the inconvenience, the owners will be here in the morning.. You can talk to them. Maybe they can do something for you. Maybe they will move you to two separate rooms." We closed the door and eventually it cooled off enough to be able to sleep... that is until about 2AM when the train came barrelling down the tracks just on the other side of the road blaring it's warning whistle, waking us all up including 3 cranky grandchildren! The next morning at the complimentary breakfast, I discreetly went to the desk to speak to the owner (who very clearly was informed of this situation as her husband immediately came to the desk as well. I told him in no way was this a suite and he told me that "perception of a suite is all relative" that 7 people in one room was a lot, (Yes it is, that is why we booked a suite!!!) that he would gladly refund my money of UNUSED nights and I could go elsewhere! Then proceded to literally say "HAHAHA! GOOD LUCK FINDING ANYTHING!" I was also told that he could move us to two separate rooms for an additional $30 per night each! My husband, not discreet at all, from across the breakfast room informed the owner that we would stay the additional nights, in the NON- suite room, only because we were there meeting up with our son, Daughter-in-law, and anther grandchild, my two sisters, brother, two aunts, a niece, a great niece and a cousin (who also had reservations at this hotel and found accomodations elsewhere!) We were there to sprinkle the ashes of my mother, father and younger sister in the mountains, and this was a trip of necessity, the final wishes of my mother, not just a pleasure trip where we could leave early! He also told him that we would never be back and the response at that point was a shrug of the shoulders! However, when my husband told the owner this would be reported on the internet, and that I was a TRIP ADVISOR REPORTER, his attitude seemed to chage immediatly! We went to our room and 5 minutes later got a phone call informing us that he had "found" an air conditioner and would replace our unit when we left for the day. After learning that I was a TRIP ADVISOR REPORTER the attitude of the owners seemed to change completely! It should not matter if I am a TRIP ADVISOR REPORTER or not, EVERYONE should be entitled to good customer service! The only reason I am giving this location 2 stars is, the room was clean, the breakfast was nice and replenished often (they even allowed us to check ingredient labels for food allergy warnings) but our overall experience was not a good one at all, and we will NEVER return to this hotel EVER! Word of warning, if stairs are an issue, when checking for any hotel in Cheyenne, ask about elevators as the majority of hotels in this town have multiple floors and no elevators! Of course, no elevators means no luggage carts either! I am rating the room as terrible only because it was not as advertised! If the owners had been upfront and honest about this, the room would have been satisfactory for some! It was terrible for our situation!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if stairs are an issue, Non-Smokers be aware smoking rooms are in the same hall...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank grannychuck305
First let me apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered while staying at our Inn. The pool was not open as yet because we have just finished renovating it and the city has not yet given as an operating permit for it. Our 2 King Suite is clearly not multiple rooms but there is more than ample room to walk around. We are posting a photo of the room on trip advisor so you can see again what it looks like. We are sorry that you were not comfortable staying with us and hope you will give us another try. We also want to extend our condolences on the deaths of your family members.

Travelers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Alpha
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Room was clean but small. Bed was clean and comfy. Nice hotel for the money. I've stayed at more expensive and received a lot less.

• Stayed June 2012
great falls, va
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had a great room at a great price, all newly redone with comfortable bed. Pool still being renovated however.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family