“Think twice”

Candlewood Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed October 27, 2013

After a long arduous drive in 45 mph gusting winds on I 80 we were ready for a break. Called ahead but desk person could not give us directions and said "just use your GPS." We ask for a pet friendly room. At checkin multiple documents were required because we had a pet. The pet area was a small plot at the back of the hotel and the pet could not walk through the lobby. The hotel says it ispet friendly but certainly doesnt make you feel that way. We had to walk around the building in the dark. The room had only 1 queen sized bed but a very nice kitchen. We paid $149 and no breakfast. There must be better choices.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank healthman1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear healthman1,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It sounds like you were not satisfied with your experience during your visit. We try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We appreciate your candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Cheyenne

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Front desk manager was very nice and helpful. Room was nice and clean and well equipped with a kitchen with pots and pans and dishes etc. I was staying for only one night so the kitchen wasn't of much value.

The two downsides are no breakfast. At the price they charge it should be included. A small compensation is the diner nearby gives 10% discount if you show your room key. The other downside is the AC system is a heat pump and the compressor is very noisy. It is so loud that I am having trouble hearing the dialog on the movie I'm trying to watch. I think I'll stay somewhere else the next time I'm in Cheyenne.

• Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear BigBBeaverton_OR,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. It is nice to know that you found our rooms and hotel staff commendable. I apologize if your stay was negatively affected by the loud air conditioning unit and disappointment regarding breakfast. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The room was awesome, service was awesome. Loved my stay. My husband and I stayed for 6 weeks and we both loved our stay there. 2 thumbs up. If ever back in area we will definitely be staying there. I could have lived in that hotel and I'm pretty critical but I sure loved this place. Clean, comfortable, and inexpensive.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank blondey777
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My partner and I spent one night here while traveling cross country with our two small dogs. We were impressed by the great value as we stayed in a spacious king suite at a very reasonable rate. ( a fraction of the cost for much lesser rooms in other motels). The suite was spacious and fully equipped with microwave, dishwasher, dishes, etc. we spent a very comfortable night and even enjoyed the sound of occasional passing trains. They do not serve breakfast however so plan accordingly We would certainly stay here again though.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, the pet area is very small even for small dogs. However this is my only neg...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Personnel at the front desk were helpful and friendly. They have a free laundry facility including several washers & dryers - all clean & in working condition. The front desk also has a large collection of DVDs available to borrow for use with the DVD player in the room. I miss not having a "free" breakfast which is always convenient, but I think the room rates are reduced accordingly. Note that they do have a very nice "convenience store" on site which served the purpose for our breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was a very comfortable and clean stay, easy to find from I-80, and welcoming to those traveling with a pet. Even though the train tracks are nearby, I was never disturbed by the trains passing through. Downtown Cheyenne is close, with its charming old buildings and homes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were traveling cross-country with our pets and really needed an easy access pet friendly hotel. I called ahead and asked for a ground floor room to make getting in and out with the dogs a bit easier since we have an elderly dog who often needs to go out in the middle of the night. The Hotel Representative was friendly and extremely helpful. Not only did they give us a ground-floor room, but also right next to the door. The room was clean, comfortable and very nice! After traveling for so long and only having fast food, it was great to get a good meal from one of the takeout restaurants nearby. This hotel far exceeded our expectations as well as being far better than any of the other hotels we stayed at along the way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family