Candlewood Suites Cheyenne
$123
ComfortInn
My Place Hotel-Cheyenne, WY(Cheyenne)
$105
$130
$116
Quality Inn(Cheyenne)
$101
All reviewsfree washers and dryersoutback restaurantpet friendly hotellarge tvfull size refrigeratorgas stationother hotelsroom was cleanhome depotshort driveeasy accessconvenient locationdishwasherkitchenettecupboardfreewaydesk
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I give this an excellent rating for someone that needs this type of hotel, but we expected ice, breakfast and a pool, so this just wasn't the place for me. I prepaid for three nights on our trip for $109 a night, which was non-refundable. The room is very spacious with a desk and recliner along with the two queen beds. There is a large fridge, sink, cook-top, dishwasher and cookware included, plus Wi-Fi. Check-in was courteous and fast.
With that said, we were astonished that there was no ice machine in the entire hotel. We had to turn on the ice-maker in the fridge when we got there and it took a while to drop some ice. There is no breakfast offered and no pool. There is a nice workout room. I mistakenly assumed that a hotel of this caliber would have ice, breakfast and a pool. We booked two nights on the last leg of our trip to relax by the pool, so this was a big let-down. I don't know how I missed this. Other than the ice, breakfast and pool, it's a great place to stay. Clearly a good choice for a family staying for several days who eat in. For us it was down the freeway for good ole Denny's.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The suites are large and comfortable and well equipped. The location is not ideal as there is no grocery store nearby. There is a railway line close by which caused a lot of noise during the night. There is a Safeway about 10 minutes drive away so we were able to buy groceries there. The staff were friendly and there is a small shop with basic supplies within the hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Phil2408
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Phil2408,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We appreciate your kind words on your room accommodations. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I will echo pretty much everything Lanhua said in his/her review and I'm grateful for having read it before our week long stay here. With a car you're in a super location - right at the junction of I-25 and I-80 - and Lincolnway (where the Candlewood Suites is located) is the main street going east into downtown Cheyenne.

We ate every breakfast and several dinners in the room saving us plenty of $$. The front desk staff is great and they even have a take-one-leave-one library in the lobby. We used the free laundry facilities and I would only say that you will probably have to use two cycles in the dryer to completely dry your clothes.

In addition to taking a sponge for washing your dishes, take salt and pepper with you or buy it in Cheyenne. They provided the little packets like you get at a fast food restaurant, but we needed more.

Our only negative experience happened on the last night (Saturday). The people who checked in to the room above us had incredibly noisy, rambunctious kids - running around and jumping up and down for hours. Not pleasant.

This was a great place to stay and we definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Cheyenne, especially if you stay a week or more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Quite a surprise since we have never stayed in a Candlewood Suites. very clean room with no chemical smell. The kitchen was an added bonus since they do not have a breakfast. There was even ice in the ice maker when we arrived.
Very nice staff, we were greeted as if we were family. good price for the value and we will stay in other Candlewoods.
reminded us of the great value of the old Holiday Inns of our youth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheri S
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because it included a kitchenette so I could save money by cooking my own meals while here for a week. I brought the food with me but there is a a kind of mini-mart (called the Cupboard) in the lobby that was well-stocked with a variety of items and it was not expensive. Free coffee (regular and decaf) was available 24/7, which was great. The kitchen had everything I needed except a sponge, and fortunately I had brought one with me.

Anyway, because of the kitchen, I found the room to be generously sized--it didn't feel like a typical, cramped hotel room at all but rather like a small studio apartment. The bathroom was fine--plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower. I had no difficulty accessing the Internet, though sometimes it seemed a little slow. The mattress on the bed I slept in was too soft for my taste--not lumpy, just soft. And oddly, the heavy, dark curtains only covered half the window; white curtains could be pulled over the entire window area but they didn't keep all the light out, at least not for me. The air-conditioning worked fine. I was not at all bothered by the noise from the trains passing by. I did hear people next to me and above me, which bothered me more--the walls seemed rather thin. I liked that my room was not cleaned and made up every day--I could leave things wherever I wanted and know they'd be in the same place when I returned in the afternoon, and I didn't need new towels every day. The people at the front desk were all very, very nice and helpful.

The only downside is that this hotel is not within walking distance of downtown Cheyenne. Since I didn't have a car, I took a taxi back and forth (T.I. Shuttle), which was a flat rate of $8 one way plus tip. By taxi, it was about ten minutes from the State Capitol area. I travelled from Denver by the Green Ride shuttle service from the airport and it dropped me off right at this hotel, and picked me up there again when I departed, which was very convenient.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo