“Wow!!! I expected better!”

Little America Hotel & Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I arrived at the hotel and had a timely check in. I then proceeded to my room. I had to park around the other side of the building from my room because of no parking available. I noticed after I was in my room the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom. Hair in the sink and the bathtub. I ordered room service that night and the next day the room service dishes were still stacked outside in the snow. On the third day of my stay I entered my room to find industrial fans running. I called the front desk to find out what had happened and they said some pipes had broken in my room, and the carpet should be dry when I returned from dinner. When I returned it was still running. I turned it off and moved it. When I awoke the next morning there were beetles I asume from the fan or the heat of the fan, on the wall. Not sure whats going on there but I really can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank HotelSales_11

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Impressive grounds, very pleasant location, even though close to main highways. Too cold to use outdoor pool. Room large and clean. Did not have evening meal, stuffed from during the day in the Rockies. Pleasant bar with excellent staff. friendly local cowboys as well as guests. Breakfast rather pricey and service rather slow.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 8888Geordie
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I checked in to this hotel late at night. The front desk person was very cold, not at all friendly. When I went to take a shower, I opened up the curtain and had to first fish out a crusty old washcloth from a previous guest. The shower then would not drain. When I politely told the front desk person when I checked out the next morning (a different person from the night before), she just grunted and did not even look at me. I got my credit card statement and was charged way more than I was quoted, and I never got a receipt. I have left several messages with the manager, saying only I was a guest there and had a few question. I never got a response. If all I am looking for is just a bed and a shower, I will take my chances at a cheap motel. Most of them at least have a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank lvtrvl35394
MrFrankHarris, Manager at Little America Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most candid feedback.

I am terribly disappointed that we fell completely short of your expectations in respect to the service you received during your stay. This is certainly not to our standard nor is it the impression we ever wish to leave with our guests. I have spoken personally to the desk agents who attended to your stay and they are well aware of the unpleasant experience you had. Regardless of the situation, one thing that my staff and I can and should provide 100% of the time is attention to detail and the fine service Little America is known for. Sadly, we let you down. Please rest assured that my leadership team and I will discuss this situation in absolute detail and we WILL ensure greater guest satisfaction in the future.

I would ask that you please contact me directly so I can personally review your room reservation and charges to determine why you were not charged the rate you were quoted. I am saddened to learn your calls to inquire about this have gone unanswered. This is something I can quickly and easily assist you with, so please contact me at your earliest convenience. You have my commitment to restore your complete confidence in the Little America, Cheyenne.

Until then, we will remain at your service.

Frank Harris

307-775-8451

Reviewed September 24, 2010

The rooms, dining areas, and facilities are top-notch...that is if you dont mind people randomly coming into your room.
From my first encounter, with the staff, I realized that the hotel had some issues. I had made my reservation weeks ago and came to check in as part of a conference I was attending at the resort. When I arrived, they could not find my reservation until I called a manager who was then able to find the room. Despite my reservation of one king bed, my wife and ended up sharing a double bed that evening. After unpacking, one of the maids walked into the room. Literally, just up and walked in, not waiting for any response from the room; she walked in like there were no occupants...She did this twice- like there was nothing at all wierd with coming into a married couples' room whenever she pleased. Later, another family used their key and came into our room. It seemed rather clear that the hotel had a few issues with keys and respect. Finally, I went down to the front desk to complain and the response I received was, "huh, hum, thats weird" with no promise to fix the issue, no attempt at resolution, and not really an apology except for a passing apology at the end of the conversation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank louder0133
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed at Little America in Cheyenne for 2 nights, and we chose this hotel because of it's beautiful swimmingpool according to their webside.
The location of the pool was nice, but the pool it'sself was so dirty with bugs and leaves in the surface and the bottom of the pool was filthy.
The sides of the pool was green with dirt and algae and they have added so much chlorin to the pool.
We complained to the frontdesk because we chose this hotel for it's pool to relaxe before our trip back to Europe.
The frontddesk clearly didn't know anything about it but when I complained another guest joint in and said the same thing.
The rooms were big, furnishings was nice but a little worn.
On the balcony there was a lot of noise from the trains nearby.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UnTjus
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I thought Little America was an excellent business location. My stay was for 10 days, last year, and the service was perfect, the cleaning staff professional and the food was good. My only wish was for the pool and excercise room to open earlier. I couldn't take advantage of an early swim before breakfast and meetings.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My room left a lot to be desired. The lobby of the hotel has been redone to give the appearance that the hotel is nice, however the room I was in was another story. There were very large stains on my carpet. Fixtures through out the room were old. One of my lights was out. The dresser was sticky, the curtains were hard to close. All of that could be forgiven but the bed can not be. The sheets were dingy. The comforter had stains. They do not use fitted sheets so you end up on the mattress. Instead of a duvet cover they use two flat sheets that are old and dingy. Overall the room was dingy, old, had an odd smell and out of the 4 hotels I stayed at the worst.
Another thing to point out is that the fitness area is in what was an old room making it hard to find. The key would not even open the room so I was not able to workout. The laundry rooms are small and have no circulating air making them very hot.
The service at the front desk wad bad as well. In line there was a man behind me so the lady checking me in said that the man next to her could help him. The man working there quickly responded "No I can't. Do not tell people that" he did not even look up and just continued what he was doing. I find this very rude.
Finally, the parking is horrible. There are not enought spaces so you are left having to parallel park in the back, while one of the hotel vans takes a spot.