“Comfortable Room, Excellent Food, Good Service!”

Little America Hotel & Resort
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
“Comfortable Room, Excellent Food, Good Service!”
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We had stayed at this hotel on a bus tour in 2007 and had wanted to return but after reading the recent reviews were a little wary - but we need not have worried. The hotel was as tranquil as we remembered and our room was really comfortable, well equipped and spotlessly clean and the free wireless internet was very fast and a real bonus. The new restaurant is very smart and all the staff were very pleasant and helpful - especially the waitress who had the fastest draw in the West with the ketchup and Tabasco. We had breakfast and dinner on each of the three days of our stay and the food was excellent, more than plentiful and well presented. As visiting Brits we found the hotel and restaurant to be very good value for money and, situated just off the Interstate, easy to find and convenient for driving in and out of Cheyenne. We were not troubled by train or traffic noise as other reviewers were, although, as visitors we find the sound of the trains atmospheric and iconic.
One of the additional attractions of this hotel is the wildlife. It is not unusual to be sitting outside of your room and find yourself sitting next to a sunbathing rabbit or a foraging squirrel.
Thank you to all the staff who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pots2005
sclark09, Frank Harris, General Manager at Little America Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2009
We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to inform everyone of your recent experience with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Your business is appreciated.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I had not stayed here for 2 years: what a difference! The hotel and its staff were wonderfully welcoming in the past. The rooms were lovely. However, on this visit none of that was true. We were not welcomed upon arrival. When we got to our room it was weathered.
The mat outside the door was littered with trash, as was the landscaping by our room. The room safe did not work well and we needed assistance with it. When we went to make coffee there was no pot in the coffee maker! We asked for one at the front desk; when we returned to the room there was a bag with coffee hanging from the door handle, but no pot. We did not get a pot until the day we checked out!!
The bed was very comfortable, but the room did not get cleaned the first day we were there. When we returned to the room to see things as we had left them, we were too tired at that time in the day to have it done by housekeeping. There was little response regarding this omission by staff at the front desk.
The only new addition to the room was the flat screened TV on the wall.
The main hotel has been completely renovated, adding many meeting rooms and a convention center. There is no longer a coffee shop and the once elegant and graceful dining room that
served wonderful food seemed to be a thing of the past. We were unable to make a dinner reservation: they simply don't take them. It was a Saturday night and we were seated in a timely fashion. Getting service was another thing! The menu now looks like a menu one would find at any franchised restaurant. It did not have just a dinner menu, but breakfast and lunch, as well. There were 5 of us. It took more than 1 hour to get our drinks. One of our friends went to the bar and brought drinks to the table at the same time that our server finally arrived with the drinks. No bread was ever served: we were told that they had run out.
Dinner was served 2 hours after we had ordered it. The meal was awful! No one ever asked if we needed anything else or checked to refill our glasses until the banquet manager finally arrived to assist. We finally had our water glasses refilled. No one ordered dessert. It was an expensive meal with very poor service. It was clear that our server was not well-trained and she was very stressed. This dining room always served wonderful food with warmth and a smile. How sad to see that gone.
We went for Sunday Brunch where we had a delightful meal with a mature, efficient and pleasant server. What a difference a meal makes! The buffet presentation was beautiful and was kept replenished during our stay.
I am not sure what the manager of this hotel is thinking (or not).
Residents of Cheyenne could always depend upon this restaurant as being a fine place to take guests for a lovely dinner. I could not recommend it at all anymore.

• Liked — The bed and the Sunday brunch
  • Disliked — A perfect example of how not to run a hotel!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank qhdesigner
sclark09, General Managaer at Little America Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
I was recently notified of your review of Little America Hotel & Resort in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I have read your comments and appreciate your candor. As the new General Manager, I would like you to know that my staff and I work diligently each day to make our property a wonderful hotel and convention center with exceptional service for our guests. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations last fall. We appreciate comments such as yours to assist us in making our guests experience the best if can be. Our guest comments are reviewed daily with our management team and I expect any problems we encounter to be handled immediately. We have completed an extensive training program with our restaurant staff and brought on a new Executive Chef to further enhance our service and food quality in Hathaway's Restaurant. I hope you will join us again at Little America in Cheyenne. I am confident that your next visit to our property will prove to be much more enjoyable.
Gillette
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We were in town for business. The front desk clerk barely spoke English so it took forever to check in. After we drove to our Lodge, we couldn't find a place to park so we had to make our own spot just to unload. We got to our room which involved stairs (there is no elevator) and found that neither key worked! We had to sit outside our room while my husband found a worker to help us. They had to issue us new keys. The room decor was dated and the room was not clean at all! When we got into bed at 10:30pm, my husbands side was wet! We had to call the front desk and they sent someone down. The hotel worker thought it looked like someone had spilled coffee on the bed. Why wouldn't housekeeping notice a WET bed! It was wet all the way to the mattress. We had to flip it over and put new sheets on. I slept in my sweats I was afraid of what else was in my mattress. The heating/ AC vent never shut off, it ran all night long and wasn't very quiet. This is one of the worst places I have stayed in a long time!

• Liked — Easy access off the interstate
  • Disliked — The condition of the guest rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank wymomof2
sclark09, General Manager at Little America Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
I was recently notified of your review of Little America Hotel & Resort in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I apologize for the unsatisfactory housekeeping experience during your stay. We appreciate comments such as yours to assist us in making our guests experience the best it can be. Our guest comments are reviewed daily with our management team and I expect any problems we encounter to be handled immediately. As the new general manager I would like you to know that my staff and I work diligently each day to make our property a wonderful hotel and convention center with exceptional service for our guests. I hope you will accept my apology and join us again . I am confident that your next visit to our property will prove to be much more enjoyable.
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Little America used to be my favorite place to stay in Cheyenne. I think it is time that management commits to updating their guest rooms. After spending last night on the hardest bed possible I am exhausted. This is such a nice hotel you would think that they could update their mattresses to pillow-tops. Everything else about the room was fine. If you like comfortable beds that won't kill your back don't stay at Little America.

Stayed September 2008
I was recently notified of your review of Little America Hotel & Resort in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I apologize for the unsatisfactory mattress in your room, during your stay. We appreciate comments such as yours to assist us in making our guests experience the best it can be. Our guest comments are reviewed daily with our management team and I expect any problems we encounter to be handled immediately. As the new General Manager, my staff and I work diligently each day to make our property a wonderful hotel and convention center with exceptional service for our guests. I hope you will accept my apology and join us again at Little America. I am confident that your next visit to our property will prove to be much more enjoyable..
RI
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I recently did some work in Cheyenne and spent four nights at the Little America. The hotel is still undergoing a renovation and there were constuction vehicles and construction going on all over the grounds. I was suppossed to be in a single with a king bed but was told there were no king rooms available and was given a room with two queen beds. The room was large and appeared that it may have been renovated but it was hard to say for certain. The room was clean and the tub and grout looked good. The air conditioning did not work properly and after complaining for three nights I finally gave up because they never did get it fixed. The other people at my conference said their rooms did not appear renovated and they too had problems with the a/c despite being in another building. I had breakfast twice, the first time it took twenty minutes to get a bowl of cereal. The second time I had the buffett which was not bad. They had the usual choices and made you an omelet of your choice. I did order room service twice and the steak was good, although expensive. The staff was not overly friendly and did not seem the least interested in my complaints about the a/c. The pool was clean and looked nice but I did not swim in it. The gift shop was okay but they did not have much of a selection for children's tees. I did go to a few other hotels trying to find souveniers and in comparison the Little America was outstanding. Overall it was a fair experience and I would have given them a better rating if the a/c was working properly.

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Poor service, problems with the a/c.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank gogolf72
I was recently notified of your review of Little America Hotel & Resort in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had last June when you visited our property. I am happy to tell you that our renovation is now complete. We have brought on a new Executive Chef to help make our property the best in Cheyenne. As the new General Manger my staff and I work diligently each day to make our property a wonderful hotel and convention center with exceptional service for our guests. I hope you will join us again at Cheyenne Little America. I am confident that another visit to our property will prove to be much more enjoyable.
central Iowa
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Stayed here as a stop during a road trip, and enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra day. The restaurant was not very good for supper, but the Sunday brunch was amazing -- and we are foodies.

The pool area was nice. The room was big and clean. The exercise room was hot and lacking.

We hope to return.

• Liked — room size, low cost, nice balcony.
  • Disliked — restaurant in the evening.
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank PoliticoJ
I was recently notified of your review of Little America Hotel & Resort in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay last February and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope to see you again at Little America.
USA
Reviewed October 8, 2007

check in quick. very friendly and helpful staff.
clean lobby and bathrooms.
had to park quite a ways from hotel entrance.
clean hallways with a/c.
room clean and nicely furnished.
curtains didn't hand right, hard to open and close.
clean bathroom area.
liked patio sitting area off room.
comfortable beds. good pillows.
pull out sofa not very comfortable, not enough blankets.
room service took a while, but good food.
check out quick; more friendly staff.

will stay again next time through.

Stayed August 2007