“Excellent stopover”

Little America Hotel & Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a lovely place! Little America is much nicer than a nice motel, although calling it a resort is somewhat of a stretch. The rooms which are located in various separate buildings are light and bright and very attractive. The restaurant serves delicious food with excellent service. The breakfast which is not included is especially good. There is a beautiful gift shop with well-priced and tempting items, many with a western theme.in addition, Little America is located very near the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the buildings in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stay regularly at the Little America in Cheyenne (about once a month or so) for business trips. The campus surrounding Little America is beautiful, it sports golf on hand, a lovely restaurant, an old-west trinket shop, and a nice pool. Internet connectivity has just been improved, service staff go out of their way to help you, and I've never had a dirty or bad room. Great place overall!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While it says it's a resort, personally I found little to make it feel like a resort. Rooms are very old and outdated, especially for the high price you pay. The tub faucet must have leaked at one time as in the hallway there was a square cut from the wall. Tacky! A nice patch and paint job would have meant less of me replacing the square during our four days there. There was another square cut in the ceiling that was left visible also. Gave this stay 3 stars instead of 2 because a plus was having our room in the same building as the lobby and restaurant when a nasty winter storm hit that laid 17 inches of snow with nasty winds. It was nice not having to leave the warmth of the building to eat. I really wish we would have saved our money and stayed at the La Quinta even if it meant having to go out in the elements to get food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is an excellent upscale motel at a very fair price, especially with AARP or AAA discounts. The king room is large and very clear with one vanity and sink in the bedroom and another in the bathroom. Nice shower over tub. The main building has a good restaurant and there is a gas station right outside the property. It is right next to I-25. We didn't have time to use any of the resort facilities. I would stay here any time I'm in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My colleague and I were a little hesitant about this "resort" at first, when we turned into the neighboring truck stop off the highway during an early April snowstorm. The hotel turned out to be a good value for the price. The room was clean and spacious, if not memorable or luxurious, and included a microwave and refrigerator. The reception area, gift shop, conference spaces, and restaurant are all very nice and decorated in a Western feel. We had two great meals at the restaurant, breakfast and dinner, for very reasonable prices (we are from DC where prices are at least two or three times higher). There was an error with our bill and the staff were friendly and accommodating in rectifying the situation. All in all I would say this is a good value for travelers in the area...nicer than the other more traditional motel chains, though don't expect a four or five star experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Little America Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how your stay with us went. I'm pleased that your room was clean, and you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant. I'm sorry for the mess-up on the bill, but I am glad to hear that the staff reacted quickly to take care of it.

Please let usknow if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

General Manger

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Attended a conference at the Little America and was wonderfully surprised. The rooms were fine, updated as well as can be, but the conference facilities and food was very good. Signage, service, and overall atmoshphere was top notch! Snow and weather prevented us from taking advanatge of their outdoor pool or golf course so I am unable to comment about those, but what I did experience I enjoyed very much. Great value!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and for offering feedback from your stay. I'm glad everything went well, and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room was still decorated in the original "french Provincial" stuff from the 70's. It was filthy. We found a refrigerator full of old food which had been left from previous guests. There was an empty bottle of personal lotion on the floor under the desk and an empty peanut package in the drawer of the night stand. The tub and shower were covered in soap scum, and the microwave and refrigerator were located IN THE BATHROOM! How gross and dangerous is that? Never stay here. They are charging as if they are some luxury spa and are nothing but a cheap suit. Also the clerk in the Overpriced gift shop was the rudest person I have ever encountered. Bad experience.

Room Tip: At any hotel besides here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Z
Scott F, General Manager at Little America Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience with us. I'm very sorry for the lack of cleanliness in your room, as well as the poor treatment by our retail salesperson, but I do appreciate knowing that it happened so that we can do something about it.

We put a very high priority on cleanliness and courtesy, so I will definitely read your comments with our staff and work with these departments.

I would be frustrated if these things happened to me at a hotel too, and I want you to know that we do care. I hope that you'll be able to give us another chance. If so, please contact me personally and I will make your reservation.

Thanks again for your time,

sfrench@cheyenne.littleamerica.com