Little America Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
My Place Hotel-Cheyenne, WY(Cheyenne)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildinghole golf coursegift shopconference centeron site restaurantprime riboutdoor poolrooms are largebit datedbeautiful roomguest roomsfridge and microwavefirst floorgas stationa great place to staycomfortable bedstruck stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at Little America for three days and admit that I didn't expect very much. I was there to speak for a conference and found the experience to be a pleasant surprise.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The employees from front desk to gift shop and restaurant to maid service all seemed to enjoy their jobs. I did not encounter a single employee that was not helpful or smiling.

The rooms very quiet and the furnishings comfortable. The bed and pillows were very nice and the light down comforter was cozy. It was a very nice feature to have the small fridge in the bathroom and the in room coffee maker had a really nice coffee included for your morning cup of Joe. I can not find any complaints with the room but if you have any trouble walking up stair get a room on the first floor since the second floor of all of the "lodges" has an external staircase and no elevator.

The pool is a central outdoor pool between the 5 lodges and made me feel a bit like swimmers were on display. I think with such harsh Winter climates that an indoor pool would be an asset.

The restaurant served a very nice prime rib and a great turkey dinner and some wonderful fish. If I have to travel in that direction again I wouldn't bat an eye at staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking long distances stay in lodge number 1 and on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Our room with balcony looked on to the pool and was very quiet,
Comfortable beds, clean comfortable room , good shower.

Very good , reasonable priced restaurant for dinner and a very good buffet breakfast the next morning.

Wished we could have stayed longer and relaxed around the pool , though we enjoyed our brief stay and can recommend the balcony rooms.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms over look the pool
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Big bang for my $$$; especially with my AAA discount!
Beautiful atmosphere, awesome pool, comfortable beds with down blankets. Very clean and welcoming staff. Makes me want to visit that area again just to stay there!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This hotel defies easy categorisation. It's a resort set on hundreds of acres, with a golf course and a splendid outdoor pool area, but charges the prices of a good motel. Our room was large, very comfortable, with an outdoor patio complete with high quality garden furniture, but all for less than 120 dollars. The restaurant is extremely luxurious, but again,prices were very reasonable.

There is a central building and five two-storey "lodges" containing the large bedrooms, with a patio or balcony. Room access is from external corridors. Rooms are furnished with
chintzy, flowery fabrics and have large bathrooms.

But beware! Less than half a mile away, and elevated, is I-80, very busy with large trucks all day and night. Even closer is the Union Pacific railroad, with huge trains passing every few
minutes. As a result, it was as noisy as being in a steelworks. Our room faced the interstate and the railway, so was probabky among the noisiest. Any visitor wantng a less noisy
environment should insist on a room facing north - either into the pool area, or better still,
right at the back with country views

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKPeripatetic
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Large, clean, quiet room with great shower, a working TV and an air conditioner that did not sound like a jet taxiing down the hall. Great price, too. We had read other comments about how the Cheyenne Little America facility was inferior to the one in Flagstaff. Our experience was just the opposite. We were very impressed with the one in Cheyenne and would stay there again if we are ever in the area.

Room Tip: We did nothing special to get our great room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple