“Ok for a quick night's stay”

La Quinta Inn Cheyenne
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Nothing fancy - the paint scheme is pretty jarring outside and inside. Room was clean. Main attraction is location - easy access onto Interstate 25. Village Inn is right next door. Nothing to commend the neighborhood, but most hotels in Cheyenne are like this.

Room Tip: Try to park out of the wind (west to southwest) - that way you won't have to kick your car door...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I reserved and stayed at the La Quinta in Cheyenne. Went there for a funeral. It was very clean and staff was extremely nice. Only problem is I thought there was a pool and hot tub and exercise room as it states on their own website. Guess what none of that. No indoor pool or hot tub or exercise room. They did adjust my room price but I much rather would have had the amenities. I am surprised because I showed them the information on their website and here we are days later and guess what they have not changed their information. Not very good business.

Room Tip: if you don't want a pool , hot tub and exercise room it is a fairly descent hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Thank Brian and Andre... K
A La Quinta traveler
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed December 28, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, looks to be recently remodeled. Breakfast the standard fare. I would stay again. If you are a light sleeper the trains might bother you. There is parking for trailers and a Village Inn next door.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the La Quinta in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I know what to expect when you stay in a lower level hotel, but stayed there specifically so I could smoke in my room. What I didn't expect, nor was told when I checked in, is that the room rate varies depending on occupancy. My room rate went up $16.00 dollars from a Wednesday to a Thursday because as the front desk lady said" it cost you more when we are not full". So I would completely stay away from them, you might think you are getting a good deal, but you probably are not.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, it is dirty, the internet stinks and it is expensive.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davidpotter33
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have always had good experiences at La Quinta. This was an exception. It seems to be an older motel. Since we have dogs we used the stairs which were very dirty. Upon entering the third floor we were assailed by the reek of cigarette smoke. One wing was strictly for smokers but the smell permeated the hallway. Once inside the room there was no smell and it was very clean. The really annoying thing was that there were railroad tracks nearby and trains blowing horns about every half hour throughout the night. I used earplugs but my husband didn't get much sleep. The Wi-Fi was pitifully slow so I just used my phone' a hot spot. Breakfast was almost cleaned out by the construction guys who ate very early. Although there was cereal the breads were pretty depleted by the time we got down and were not restocked. Overall it was not a good experience and we would not stay here again. We were also surprised that there was not a refrigerator or microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the third floor unless you are a smoker.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple