“Very Comfortable, Clean with Friendly, Helpful Staff”

La Quinta Inn Cheyenne
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
North Dakota
“Very Comfortable, Clean with Friendly, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Room was very comfortable, the bedding/furniture felt like home. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in. In fact, I don't think I remember having such a good night sleep -- even at home.

It was quiet at night, even though the hotel was packed (and with a lot of oil and construction workers). So, unlike a couple of the other reviews, to me it seems the hotel is very well-built so you do not hear noise.

My La Quinta Internet connection was solid all bars; so, no problem. I was on the 3rd floor, so asking for the 3rd floor might provide a better Internet connection. I would also recommend that guests double-check they are connecting to the La Quinta connection, which is excellent.

Staff: Incredible. The front desk staff have a lot of work to do, but they do it with a smile, and are genuine. In the morning, the front desk lady also takes care of the busy breakfast crowd, too. But she is helpful and patient with everyone. This level of attitude and ability is very rare in hotels.

The housekeepers are friendly and helpful, even though you could see they had a huge workload in a full hotel. My room and bathroom were super clean, and I'm very picky!

Regarding dogs at this hotel: It is very hard to find a clean room when you travel with a "clean dog". La Quinta has a nice, treed grassy area to walk your dog. There are also bags outside to clean up. I did not see one dropping in the grass, so obviously staff and guests clean up. There is also a nice sidewalk in a grassy area for a couple of blocks where you can walk your dog.

I only heard one bark in my stay. The other two dogs I saw were on a leash, kept to themselves and didn't bother anyone. So, I don't know what the other reviewers are complaining about. Maybe they don't want any dogs. However, if the dog owners are all responsible, and the hotel is clean, then I don't think people should have a problem with a hotel that advertises it allows pets.

Room Tip: Cleanest, most comfortable stay I've had traveling with a dog. Slept like a baby. If you nee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
dallas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel is a little old and the decor reflects that this place has not been updated in a while. there was a peculiar smell in the room but since i had driven over 12 hours i was too tired to go someplace else. The staff was great and the breakfast was good.The internet worked fine. I wolud not recommend this as a great place to go to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jack50075234
Billings, Montana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for a few days. The staff is amazing and super friendly and breakfast was pretty good. The room was alright, a pretty average hotel really.
However, the internet connection is TERRIBLE. Only our computer was barely able to pick up the signal--depending on where in the room we sat we had 2 bars instead of 1. The signal dropped constantly which made it difficult to do any of our business from the room. The pool is quite small, and contrary to the website there is no workout facility, nor is there a business center. Our room also had quite a few dead bugs that showed up periodically throughout our stay. Trains come through constantly, as well as large semi trucks and the windows don't seal well at all so it was lots of loud sleepless nights.
Luckily the staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Hooper, Utah
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is our first time traveling with animals, all other hotels in the area were booked so we settled with La Quinta. The halls were pretty run down, there was a 1970"s laundry cart to bring your bags in or do your laundry. Our room smelled like human pee, not animal pee, the bathtub was old and gray and the fan didn't work. I didn't walk on the carpet barefooted. To top it off, people really still smoke in their room????????

The trains run all night long within a short distance from the hotel

Room Tip: Can't give any advice on a good room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family