“This place is a dump”

Radisson Hotel Cheyenne
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've had great experiences with other Holiday Inns around the country but have never been to one that is so poor. As I opened the door, a stale, musty smell hit me pretty hard. The decor and furniture is very old. The bathroom floor was dirty, there was mildew on all the tiles in the tub and I had to jiggle the toilet handle every time I flushed. There was a chunk missing from the headboard with some sharp edges that I didn't notice until I moved the pillows. So clearly the cleaning staff knew about it but decided to just hide it. One of the table lamps was held together with duct tape. I would steer clear of this location if possible.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Jack C, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us, but I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. I have passed them along to both our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer so we can fix these issues and make sure our rooms are in excellent condition for all of our guests. Your comments will help us to better our facility and help us to achieve 100% guest satisfaction as that is our goal. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 307-638-4466. I hope that this has not discouraged you from staying with IHG Hotels and hope that you will consider giving us another try here in Cheyenne in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Better location, and quieter than the noisier motel locations on West Lincolnway & I25. Motel is adequate though showing some wear. Breakfast not as good as in the past. $10 for the same fare given away at limited service places is a departure from previous visits and is a disappointment.

Room Tip: higher floors and south side preferable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We have been working to make improvements to our hotel and keep the facility in good condition as well as achieving 100% guest satisfaction. Your comments will help us to reach these goals. Your comments have also been passed along to our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager so we can improve our guest's breakfast experience. We hope that you will continue to stay with IHG and consider staying with us again in the future if your travels bring you back through Cheyenne.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stay at different hotels in Cheyenne and this time I went with the old Holiday Inn. It was clean, friendly staff, comfy beds and what I really liked was my room had a sofa w coffee table where I could actually sit down, get some work done and relax. Like most hotels in Cheyenne, you will be near an interstate so anticipate a little traffic noise. My only gripe is that continental breakfast is not included/available, so if you need something quick you are best to rely on nearby fast food. They do have a sit down restaurant if you have a little more time to spare. Wait, one more gripe, like other hotel chains, expect repeated emails surveying you on your experience. If you travel a lot, they add up and no, there isn't an "unsubscribe option".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jack C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I am happy to hear that you decided to stay with us during your last visit to Cheyenne. I am also very happy that you enjoyed your room and that our staff was accommodating and made you feel welcome. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment as comments and surveys are the only way we can truly know how we are doing and where to make changes. I hope you continue to choose to stay with IHG and hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I would rate this hotel to be average. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful but having stayed at a HI recently in South Dakota, it was not what I expected. We had asked to stay in a non-smoking room however they put us in a room on the "smoking floor." It didn't stink & we were exhausted after a long drive & hauling up all our stuff that we stayed in there anyways. I thought it was ironic because when we were checking in one of the staff confirmed our "non-smoking room."

We were only here for one night as we were passing through Cheyenne and it was fine. The room was fairly clean as was the hotel. The only reason I'm giving it an "average" rating is because we have been on the road for the past week and have been staying at HI along the way & this one just did not compare to some of the others we have stayed at. I was disappointed that they didn't offer complimentary breakfast and that coffee is only offered for a limited amount of hours (unlike other hotels that just have it in the lobby 24/7), but not the end of the world.

I'm not one to complain about these things but I didn't find the beds to be comfortable and the pillows were over stuffed; it hurt my neck to use them so I just went without a pillow for the night. I kept waking up due to all the noise going on. We were near the elevator & there was some type of junior high school event going on so there were kids running around everywhere & unfortunately was not able to sleep well.

TIPS: I'd recommend getting a room away from the elevator if noise bothers you. If you have an elderly person with you or are traveling heavy, you will definitely want to be closer to the elevator as the hotel is fairly big and there is only one set of elevators on each floor so you will have to walk all the way around the hallways just to get to your room.

Room Tip: I'd recommend getting a room away from the elevator if noise bothers you. If you have an elderly...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lenmeister3
Jack C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy that our staff was friendly and helpful. However, I am sorry that you considered us to be only average. We do have a floor with some smoking rooms and also non-smoking rooms. It sounds like you received a non-smoking room on this floor. I apologize for the confusion. We are also a full service hotel with a restaurant on property which serves breakfast, so we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. I have met with our Management Team regarding your other comments so we can make changes and ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I am happy to hear that you choose to stay with IHG and I hope you continue to do so. Once again, thank you for your comments. We will use them to improve our facility and our services and do what we can to be our best.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff was nice and the room was comfortable. I do not recommend the restaurant. They had only one poor waitress. The only sound you hear is the kitchen staff yelling at each other. Drivers to and from the airport were wonderful. There was no microwave or refrigerator. The hair dryer did not work very well. The toilet backed up one of the 2 times I used it. No food available after 9PM so I had to order pizza when I got in. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Jack C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome. I am sorry, however, that you did not have a good experience in our restaurant and had some trouble with your room. I have met with our Management staff so we can ensure these issues get resolved. I hope that you continue to choose to stay with IHG and I hope we see you again in the future if your travels bring you through Cheyenne.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Here for all the wrong reasons!! Grandma survived but in the hospital and Grand pa dead! This hotel gave all the famaily great"Hospital rates" and comfort during trying times!! The bar and restaurant are wonderful people who got to know us and shared our grief. the front desk was accomodating ..ie.. changing rooms and great rates!! Thank you all for making a very difficult time as normal as possible. The WHOLE Lesco Clan appreciates thye effort you all made!

Room Tip: Top floor South side away from I-80!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jack C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I am so happy that our staff made you feel comfortable during such a trying time for your family. I am sorry about your Grandpa and hope your Grandma is doing better. I would like to thank you very much for sharing your comments. We hope that your next visit to Cheyenne is under much better circumstances and we hope that you stop in and see us!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn while our truck was in the shop at Freightliner. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate our unusual situation. They allowed us a late check-out, then let us hang out in their lobby while we waited on news about how our repairs were progressing.
The breakfast that came with our rate was in their restaurant, and was a nice buffet with plenty of choices. The lobby of the hotel is a nice area with a fireplace and cozy islands of chairs and tables. They also have a shuttle bus.
For runners or walkers, there is nice trail that runs along the Crow Creek, to the north of the hotel on South Greely Hwy. I did a loop from westbound on the trail, up to main street (Lincoln Hwy) to a park around Lake Minihaha, then back to the hotel via Logan Ave and the trail again. Nice six-mile loop.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jack C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We try very hard to achieve excellent customer service and to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I'm very glad that you were able to experience that. Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I will be sure to share them with the entire staff as well. We hope to see you again in the future if you travel back through Cheyenne!