“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Hampton nh
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had flew into Denver and drove to Cheyenne for the trolley tour. After the tour checked price line and got a good rate. It was clean and quite. Did not use the restaurant but there was coffee free in the lobby Used the small indoor pool in the morning which was clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
MorganBilek, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We are very glad that you felt welcome here at our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel years ago and it was moderate then, now it is barely adequate for what they are charging. I was treated terribly by the employees of the motel, barring my awesome breakfast waitress. I didn't get her name but she was middle aged with curly hair and was working Tuesday morning. The room was not at all what I had expected. The remote batteries were dead. The room was sort of clean but with no "ammenities". The tiled shower walls had mold. The a/c unit in my room woke me up every time it kicked on, which was frequent but short lived. The bed was tolerable. The smell was funky everywhere in the place. Here is the good news; breakfast was good and the hotel is easy to access with ample parking. For the price I paid, even with a corporate rate, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wyopride
MorganBilek, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our hotel or staff. I have reviewed your comments with our Department Heads so we can improve our guest service, show our friendliness and make our guests feel welcome. I have also met with our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper to ensure cleanliness and make sure our facility is in good working order. I have also passed your comments along to the Restaurant Manager to recognize her employee for excellent guest service. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Restaurant, both breakfast and staff. We are consistenly doing what we can to improve our services and your comments will help us to do that. We hope that you will stay with Holiday Inn again and consider staying with us again here in Cheyenne.

Travelers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was the worst hotel stay I've had in years. We reserved a non-smoking room. When we arrived, we were told the only rooms available were on the "Smoking" floor. Holiday Inn Cheyenne evidently hasn't noticed that walking through a hallway with enough smoke to cause Waffle House patrons to lodge EPA complaints doesn't impress non-smokers. The room was better only in terms of comparison to the hallway (where Backdraft 2 was evidently being filmed). The fan in the bathroom did not work, and the room was the nasal equivalent of licking an ashtray. Putting "non-smoking" rooms on a smoking floor is as effective as treating a bleeding injury by submersing it in a piranha tank.

The pool heater was broken (with no sign on the door informing guests of this fact!), so the temperature was about 70 degrees in the pool. That isn't quite glacial, but the only ones comfortable in that water temperature are penguins and polar bears.

None of the phone buttons (Front Desk, Restaurant, WakeUp Call) worked; I reached the restaurant by hitting the front desk button, and was frostily informed that I'd called the wrong number- and hung up on. TWICE. The first time, the person at least deigned to give me (the customer) the supposed Front Desk number- which reached no one. The second time, they hung up after barking at me that I'd dialed wrong. Getting a wake-up call was impossible, as apparently the wake-up call line "had been disconnected".

The number of smiles or congeniality from staff (I make it a point to interact with a number of staff wherever I stay) outside of the restaurant was ZERO, and unfriendliness seemed the rule of the establishment. The hotel is clearly understaffed, and all employees had a harried "don't bother me- I'm counting the seconds until I can LEAVE" attitude. The one bright spot was a maintenance guy riding the elevator, who was the only courteous staff member I met.

A man was wandering around in the parking lot, nearly got hit by people when he stumbled around in front of their car, and was clearly out of his mind on some substance-- but when he staggered into the hotel past the front desk and spent 20 minutes staring vacantly into the pool room, no one on the desk staff seemd to think this was an issue, even when notified of his behavior.

The breakfast "buffet" was mostly standard vat breakfast food, with the difference between, say, a Hampton Inn and here being you had to pay to eat this one, while the Hampton provides better-quality food for free. However, the waitresses in the restaurant during the day were pleasant, so kudos to them - but a resounding BOO to the night staff, who were as hospitable as cats in a dog pound.

You want a decent place to stay in Cheyenne? Try the Hampton. I've stayed there, and it's clean & nice. Or try anywhere else- I wouldn't send people I loathed to this hotel, let alone anyone I wanted to talk to afterward. Price savings or no, staying elsewhere is a better bet.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on a non-smoking floor. Better yet, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WhereDoIGoNow
I am very sorry to hear about all of the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. We have passed your comments along to all the Department Heads and they are reviewing them with their staff so we can improve our guest service and make sure all guests feel welcome at our hotel. I would also like to note that we are currently installing a brand new pool boiler and will soon be beginning the process of turning into a completely non-smoking hotel. It is very disappointing to hear how unhappy you were with your stay, however, it does help us to know where we need to improve and we will continue to strive for excellent customer service and satisfied, happy guests. I hope that you will consider staying again with Holiday Inn in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 307-638-4466 if you would like to discuss this further.
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The good was the clean room, it was accessible which I didn't need, but the grab bars are useful. The bed was comfortable and the chair was okay to sit in for awhile. You could leave the curtain open for light and have privacy.
The bad was the lack of staff. The desk had only one person and the phone rang all the time interupting the check in. Therenwas no water to primrose because it wasn't stocked (a priority club perk). The hall had trash waiting for pick up and it was still there at 5:30 pm. The tv had very few stations, mostly sports. The swimming pool was frigid, I couldn't stay I for more than 10 min.

Generally it was okay and I only stayed for one nigh, but not great.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fordmouse
MorganBilek, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cheyenne, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. I would like to apologize, however, for the problems you experienced during your stay. I have passed your comments along to our Front Office Manager so we can ensure a timely and friendly check-in and to make sure that our Priority Club Members receive the extras they deserve. I have also passed your comments along to our Housekeeping Manager and Chief Engineer so our hallways remain clean and the pool comfortable. We do take your comments to heart as they help us to better our services and make all stays enjoyable. We hope that you will continue to choose Holiday Inn and hope to see you again in the future.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Standard Holiday Inn - nothing special. Clean, good parking - excellent location right off the interstate and only minutes to downtown Cheyenne. While I was there enjoyed some free cake in celebration of Holiday Inn's 60th anniversary. Free WiFi and coffee. I got an amazing deal on Priceline - so for me the value was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Cheyenne. We are happy that you were able to celebrate Holiday Inn's 60th Anniversary with us and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!
Powhatan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you're familiar with and like Holiday Inns, then the Holiday Inn Cheyenne will be quite adequate. It's a by-the-numbers franchise hotel, which I consider a good thing (that way, you know what you get). The service is quite good, and all the perks of an American chain hotel are available. And being right off the interstate, this is a great base from which to explore Cheyenne, which is quite an interesting little city.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay and that our staff provided the great customer service we do our best to achieve. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit to Cheyenne, as well, and hope to see you again in the future.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went to Prom here when the hotel was new. Saw 3 dog night play here, snuck in as I was under age. Was married here in front of the water wheel, to my first wife, a little less than 30 years ago. Spent our honeymoon in a king sized bed in the President's suite. The hotel did not last either. The escargo and steaks used to be good. The margs and bloody mary's used to be great. Tossed in a couple extra dots for the memories. Oh for the good old days.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
We are happy to hear that you have continued to return to our hotel over the years, however, it sounds as if your stay this last time was not what you hoped it may be. I am sorry that it did not match up to your memories. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 307-638-4466 to discuss any problems or issues that you may have had during your stay so we can address them. We would love to have you return to our hotel to make future memories!