“Good Buffet--real plates!”

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
Gibbon, Nebraska
“Good Buffet--real plates!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The room, buffet area, and lawns were clean. The halls & ice maker were not. This seems standard in many hotels. It was converted to a Quality Inn the day we arrived. Front desk gal was gracious and patient with a cranky customer ahead of me. Lots of construction mess in front and by noisy truck stop. A/C was quiet and worked well (this is a pet peeve of mine). Curtains also closed over the window (#2 pet peeve). Breakfast was great--real plates, good variety, hot meat, eggs waffles. Nicest breakfast attendant we've encountered ever. Made the rounds, asking people how their breakfast was, refilled coffee. Could have used more seating. The attendant wins the day!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on the east side of the hall.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Puget Sound
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I usually prefer to stay at Comfort Inn hotels but this was probably the least comfortable one have stayed at. It is located next to a truck stop with a gazillion trucks parked willy nilly all over the street surrounding the hotel making in/out traffic a nightmare. My room was next to the north outdoor entrance and every time someone came in the door would BANG shut making sleep difficult. The mattress was okay but less comfortable than most Comfort inns. The lobby is currently being remodeled (the rooms need it more) with a temp check-in table in the breakfast room not sure if this affected the normal breakfast service but it was disappointing.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank compassNSEW
Kansas City
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm a very loyal Choice Hotel guest. I stay in hotels over 100 nights a year. This property isn't worth it. 115.00 for a night! Ridiculous. I've stayed here multiple times, everytime I feel like I'm bothering them by checking in. The staff isn't rude, just cold. They act like this is the only hotel and I should be grateful to stay here. The rooms are not on the best condition. Everything just looks ran down It seems they would rather update the common area, lobby, and "art work" rather than invest money back into the rooms. Sunday April 14th I went to the breakfast area, got my food, and a half a cup of regular coffee (that was all there was) I sat down ate my meal, and there was never any fresh coffee brought up. Go somewhere else in town. Everyone has comparable rates if not better.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jlewis80
WY
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a loyal Choice member, I stayed at this hotel after the excellent Sleep Inn east of town switched to a Best Western - but no more. This place is such a dump, I cant stand it any longer. On top of the rooms being dirty, what really drives me nuts is that I stayed here once a week, every week, for 5 months. Never was I greeted by a front desk person who had a clue who I was, in fact, I noticed nearly a new face everytime. I can see why there is such high turnover, I don't even want to sleep here for a night, let alone work here all day, every day!

I think Choice Hotels should be ashamed of themselves for leaving its loyal members with this dump as their best option. I think it is time for me to switch to Best Western and stay at the nice hotel east of town.

This is a glorified truck stop motel. I will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 403KH
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I saw on the hotel website that in June 2013 the name of the establishment was changing from a Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn, I understand why. As my wife and I entered the room, we were greeted by the smell of urine. I've said this in other reviews, but I don't understand why hotels place travelers with pets in sub-standard or unclean rooms. I no more want to deal with human filth as I am sure someone else may not to deal with pet filth. Rooms should be clean and soil free no matter who stayed in the room. The carpet was so stained, I wore my socks to bed. My poor dog was so afraid, probably from all the smells in the room, that she stayed in her kennel all night long.

The hotel is worn and dated and in need of a major renovation. Its time to pull up the carpet, update the fixtures and put some money into the place. But, it appears if Choice Hotels is going to hand this off to their "lower" end chain, Quality Inn and let others suffer.

The hotel is right next to a major truck stop right off exit 7 on I-25 and it is very noisy. There is a loud speaker, going most of the night alerting truckers to whatever information is being passed along. Daisy (my dog) was constantly looking around, seemingly wondering where the voices were coming from, not too mention the constant sound of semi-trucks pulling in and out, air breaks constantly blowing off pressure.

I used to think Comfort Inn was the better of the mid-priced chains, but no longer. I've found Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn's to be much better maintained, clean and with a higher level of service.

Room Tip: All I can recommend if you do stay here is a room on the opposite side of the truck stop.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dbphelps
crystalstar9, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I truly apologize for your experience. We are changing from a Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn, another excellent brand provided by Choice Hotels. We are excited about this transition because we are making many changes and updates to our hotel. We are re-doing our common areas including the lobby and hallways. This includes new carpet, a new front desk and even new artwork.

I appreciate you taking time to speak with me regarding your stay. It didn’t sound like a typical stay so I thought it important to reach out to you on a personal level to receive more feedback. I wanted to hear how we could be better for you as well as all other travelers to Cheyenne. I am delighted that you are coming to stay with us again. I welcome this future opportunity to delight you and show you how we certainly are a quality property.
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was okay. My room was clean, however, the hallway had a terrible odor. The lady who was in the breakfast area in the AM was very annoying. When I wake up I want to get my coffee and food and not be bothered. She was helpful though. Given the choice, I would chose to stay at another property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff. The breakfast actually used real china and silverware. Most hotels use plastic and Styrofoam, it was a welcome change. Able to get a 2pm late checkout. Huge room very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013