All reviewsreal chinacookie hourroom was cleanfront deskhotel bookingtravel centermake your own wafflesaverage stayaaa discountthe breakfast areanext morningnice propertynice place to stayfirst floorsilverwaremotelfreeway
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in the Comfort Inn Cheyenne when a flat tire prevented us from getting to a hotel we'd previously reserved. We were shocked to find on a Tuesday night that many area hotels were sold out, and we felt lucky that this hotel was able to accommodate us and our need for three rooms.
Many members of the staff we encountered went above and beyond in their level of service. The employee who took our reservation also looked up our rewards number so that we could earn points for our stay. The breakfast attendant kept everything well stocked and even came around to each table with fresh eggs and to ask if there was anything else she could get for us. The breakfast here is above average, with many more choices than I would have expected for this chain and price. There was a fridge and microwave in each of our rooms, something that is not mentioned on the website.
The room we stayed in could have been cleaner and better maintained. There was something (looked like food) on the bedskirt. The room also had a chair that pulled out into a single bed (unfortunately, the other two rooms did not have this same feature). We were happy to discover this because it meant one of us wouldn't have to share a bed with our daughter. However, when we pulled the bed out, we found that it had been put away by a previous guest with the sheets still on and the bedding was filthy and full of crumbs. This issue was quickly resolved by an employee, but it was a hassle to have to deal with when we were tired. While the room has been remodeled, the bathroom has not. The tile is old and cracked and there is caulk everywhere, including where tile grout should have been. The fan sounds like a jet engine. The fan and the light for the bathroom are connected, so it's impossible to have the light on without the fan. Also, the vanity is outside the bathroom, inside the main part of the room. It has bright lights that light up the whole room. If you try to turn the light on in the bathroom and crack the door, you deal with the noise from the fan. If you were traveling alone this probably wouldn't be a big deal, but this arrangement makes it hard for someone to get ready for the day while allowing others to sleep.
Something to note is that this location could potentially be noisy, with the truck stop on one side and the freeway on the other. In addition to the noise from the trucks, the truck stop side is highly illuminated through the night. We were on the freeway side and weren't bothered, but we're not exactly light sleepers.
By way of information, this hotel is right off I-25 just south of the I-80/I-25 interchange, across the road from a truck stop. There is a McDonald's and a Denny's within walking distance and a Wendy's across the freeway. (see my review of the Denny's here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60439-d3175190-Reviews-Denny_s-Cheyenne_Wyoming.html)

Room Tip: You'll be facing a truck stop to the south and a freeway to the north. Pick the lesser of two evils.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Go2theZoo
Reviewed September 11, 2012

we have stayed here 5 times all stays were good, helpful staff, ok breakfast, close to freeway, we own land in larame area , fly in denver.rent a car and drive to comfrort inn, love the drive. stay a few days and return home.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I travel often and prefer to stay in Comfort Suites or Inns, so on a recent cross country trip I found myself in Cheyenne and this hotel. At first I was taken back by how much was charged for rooms. I asked why this hotel charged so much, and recieved a prompt "Because we can" reply. As I walked to my room, I quickly noticed how well kept the common areas of the hotel were. My room was spotless, the furniture in excellent condition, and the bed quite comfortable. I went across the street for dinner, and upon returning noticed the grounds around the hotel were quite well maintained. At the provided breakfast I found real dishes and silverware instead of the usual plastic. Also the very frequent attendance of the staff ensuring the breakfast was kept stocked and the dining area clean. The owners of this hotel are quite proud of their business, and it shows throughout the hotel. I was here on a week night, and I believe it was sold out. Located at the intersection of I 80 and I 25, it is a prime place for the traveler to stay. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I doubt if there is a less favorable room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way back from a nine-day hike in Yellowstone. We were just stoked for hot showers and soft beds- well provided for here. The cookies in the lobby at night were a nice touch. Breakfast was so-so but adequate for our needs. The front desk staff was very patient and happy to help us, even though we probably smelled less than desirable on our way in. It's a bit pricey and a little cramped in the double queen rooms...but we did stay during a season where it's harder to get a room anywhere in the city.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were traveling across the country with a dog and cat, so we needed a pet friendly hotel. We walked into our room to the sounds of the toilet running - loudly. When I called the front desk, they weren't super friendly, or even sure if maintenance was still here or could even fix it, but offered to give us another pet-friendly room. Unfortunately, the only other available pet-friendly room had one queen size bed (we had requested two queen beds), but we took it as there would be NO sleeping with the loud, running toilet. Bed wasn't very comfortable and you could hear the neighbors and hallways. They did have a nice continental breakfast offering, so that helped make up for it. If traveling through again, I would pick a different pet-friendly hotel, especially considering it wasn't that cheap.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family