All reviewsreal chinacookie hourroom was cleanfront deskhotel bookingtravel centermake your own wafflesaverage stayaaa discountcookiesthe breakfast areanext morningnice propertynice place to stayfirst floorsilverwaremotel
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I don't know what I expected going into this, but it pretty much met my expectations. The room was quiet, despite being across from a truck stop...and I was on the side facing the trucks. The breakfast was good though limited, I did enjoy the make-your-own waffles. If you don't like it, there's a Denny's right across the street. Front desk people were nice.

I was staying here for a family reunion, and our keycards kept failing and needing to be reset, which was a big pain, especially as I was not located anywhere near the front desk. The keycard system is odd and outdated. The other real bummer was that there was no hair conditioner offered. Not even conditioning shampoo. I had to venture into town to get some so my hair wouldn't be zapped in the dry Wyoming air. The pillows weren't comfortable for me, but that's a matter of taste and they certainly give you enough of them.

I guess the bottom line is that it was "fine". Would I stay there again? Probably wouldn't rule it out, but I wouldn't be jumping at the chance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AyeElle
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My company transferred me to Cheyenne and I am going to be stationed here for a while. Needless to say, having a "Home away from Home" is extremely important to me. The staff at this Hotel is incredible! They have gone out of their way to help make my extended stay as comfortable and convenient as they can. The hotel is being spruced up as I write this and the overall effort is evident from management, to housekeeping, to maintenance, to the breakfast staff. They are spectacular and are making my UNenjoyable time away from home as ENjoyable as possible. I would and will stay here anytime I come back through Cheyenne after my work time is over.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Joe H
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Didn't have high expectations for an older Comfort Inn that is located right across the street from a truck stop but was actually pleasantly surprised once I got to the room. My room was a larger sized king bed room that looks as though it had been remodeled recently. All of the furnishings in the room seemed newer, were in excellent condition and looked nice, including the carpet.

Wireless Internet worked well and was pretty quick(around 5 Mbps download speeds). Room had a microwave, fridge, smaller LCD tv and a VCR/DVD combo. It appears to me that the owners have put some money back into this hotel recently which is always a good sign. They were were doing some remodeling of the exterior of the hotel as well during my stay as well.

Location is right off the Interstate and as I said earlier directly across from a Flying J Truck Stop so it was pretty noisy, don't expect to open your windows and enjoy the silence because you'll hear nothing but the constant barrage of semi-trucks entering the truck stop. With the windows closed the noise didn't bother me too much but it was still a little loud.

Room is one that has the sink outside of the bathroom so if your a person who likes privacy while brushing your teeth and such do expect to get it at this hotel. Water at the hotel was also pretty slimy, I assume they use a water softener which is another thing I don't care for.

Bed was a little firm for my taste but wasn't too bad.

Parking was somewhat limited and I certainly wouldn't want to stay there if I were driving a large RV or pulling a trailer as there just isn't much room.

Overall it was a decent hotel, I may or may not return again, it would depend on the price at the time.

I'll call this one 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank AlCzervik1
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after reviewing most of the upper-end motels in Cheyenne, and being turned off by the fact that almost all of them were adjacent to Cheyenne's railyard. After being in Cheyenne 5 days - they are VERY close to the tracks.

This hotel by comparison is very easy to get to (right off Exit 7 on Highway 25), and at 53,000 people, you can get anywhere you want to in Cheyenne in 10 minutes or less.

The breakfast is very good - 2 flavors of waffles, real sausage patties & scrambled eggs every morning, plus the usual danish's, cereal, milk, coffee, etc. You eat on real ceramic plates with real metal silverware - none of this junky plastic that breaks while cutting stuff.

I borrowed a plate & silverware to heat up restaurant leftovers in the room microwave above the fridge for lunch one day. Worked great.

Up to date flat screen LG-brand TV, walls heavy enough to give a very quiet room, and pretty good internet speed. HVAC has controls on the unit, but in spite of that did a great job of keeping an even temperature (warm in February in this case). The HVAC also runs continuously when on, so you aren't woken up in the night by the thing cycling on/off (and adds just the right amount of "white noise" to help me sleep well - not too loud). I also liked the fact that they had a regular blanket and regular bedspread on the bed - not one of those lumpy white things that Hamptons, etc. have (too hot & heavy) that are supposed to be "all-in-one".

Best of all is the staff - from the very pleasant front desk help (all of them) to the really nice maids, breakfast staff, maintenance guy, etc. - and significantly, they all speak totally fluent and understandable English!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Travelin_Engineer
Reviewed October 11, 2011

spent one night at this comfort inn, cheyenne.
nice room - two queen beds, nice bath, clean, no hand lotion but quiet and a nice breakfast. laundry in building. easy access to highway.
pleasant.