“Disgusting”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel was disgusting inside and out. The ceiling was falling down in chunks & wires were hanging out of the wall. Every surface had stains. The tiles were broken and grimey. We touched as little as possible. We slept on top of the comforter and could not bring ourselves to use the shower. The price was absolutely outrageous. I could not believe the condition of this hotel. If we ever return to Cheyenne we will sleep in our van. Positives: staff seemed to be friendly & close enough to walk to Frontier Days.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel and the only positive was the staff was very freindly.Now for the bad stuff..... The hotel is run down needs a lot of repair and is old. The outside has a lot of cracked walls, sidewalks, parking lot etc... needs a lot of paint and all doors are worn out. The bed is too soft probably fo a lot of use. I paid 69.00 including tax way too much for this dump. This is more like the $25.00 special you would find alond the interstate run the guys wearing turbins. I did however like the nice decore near the front of the building consisting of to old worn out tires laying in the schrubs.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I had stayed at this motel twice as the Capitol Inn, and thought that it was a great location and good deal for the money during Frontier Days. Having made an annual tradition out of spending a couple of days at Frontier Days, I am aware that you must book far in advance to get a decent room. The day I was supposed to check in, I was called at 5pm (on my drive to Cheyenne) and told that they did not have any double bed, non-smoking rooms left, even though I had reserved two (one for my family and a separate room for my mother). But, they did have a 2 king bed non-smoking rooms. I swallowed my anger and agreed to the rooms and let her know that I would be checking in in less than an hour. When I arrived, she had NO non-smoking rooms left, and said it was a first come first served policy. She said she could not hold the rooms for us. She did give us the name of another hotel, and when we spoke with the front desk staff at that hotel, they said we were the 5th group that had been sent over with a similar story. So, I ask again, when you book 6 months in advance, and confirm your arrival, there should be a room available for you, right?

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2009

On our way back to Denver from Yellowstone NP we reserved one night here for the Frontier Days rodeo on Tuesday, July 21. I have traveled with my family quite a bit and stayed in lots of different motels but this has got to be the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed in. This is an older property in desperate need of repair and maintenance. However, this is not my greatest complaint. The room we were given was simply deplorable. The air conditioner did not work, the bed lamps were actually missing from the bracket on the wall between the beds, the toilet seat hinge was broken, the sink drain was broken, there was no telephone in the room, the carpet looked as if it had not been vacuumed for some time, there were dead flies in the window sill, the stairwells and walkways appeared greasy and dirty, etc. I approached the desk clerk/manager (??) with these concerns and was generally ignored until another lady appeared from the office. She did apologize and said they had no other rooms available and offered to refund my money so that I could find another motel for the night. It was getting late and finding another motel would have been an impossibility because of Frontier Days so we opted to stay. She did discount the price by $25.00 + tax which dropped the total price of the room from $194.00 to $165.00!! Choice Hotels should not allow the "Rodeway Inn" brand name to be displayed on this property! If you're going to Frontier Days you should plan on staying somewhere else that's clean and comfortable for the same money. You will probably have to park at a shuttle lot and ride the bus to the fairgrounds anyway!

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Arrived for check-in and rooms had not been cleaned. They said the cleaning crew didn't show up. Reserved a room with 2 beds, was given a room with only one. Said that my reservation on the internet through Choice had been messed up. However, they did finally get us a room with two double beds. Got to our room after cleaning and it was still not clean. Asked for a refund and they said we would have to take it up with corporate, so stayed anyway. This was during Cheyenne Frontier Days, so the room cost double what the normal rates are. I was VERY disappointed. Staff was very unprofessional.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed here one night during Frontier Days, and the room was small, the air conditioner didn't work well, and the bathroom didn't appear to be very clean. Also the building itself, especially in the stairwells, is just filthy. Felt like it was NOT a good value for the money.

Reviewed July 23, 2009

It seemed that the few reviews I read of this place were negative, yet they were also a year old... I decided to go ahead and stay there. It is undergoing some construction, but I found it to be a pleasant enough place. It looks a bit adobe like on the outside and other than holes in the driveway around it, it appeared like a nice place. There is a large breakfast room, and a computer in the lobby that one can use (something not all motels provide for those who don't carry their computers around with them). I got a room overlooking a nice lawn and pool area, with large golf course across the street. The room itself was furnished with older furniture, but I found it very convenient, comfortable, and really didn't have anything to complain about. Of course this is not a high class motel, so it depends on what you want.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business