“Rip off for a value”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We are choicehotels members the reason why we stayed here for a night stay. The value was over charged for a very old motel, bad location & looks scarry & unsafe. The place need to be torn down. The bath tub so small & it's stopped up. We stayed anyway since we get points by doing so & there's no other choice. The young woman front desk girl whose name is Taylor is unfriendly,didn't give us a discount even after telling her that we are an AARP member. For a front desk person,someone should be a people person not unpleasant,sour like her. The value should be $60 & not almost a hundred dollars since the place isn't worth it.

Room Tip: it's not a good place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here because my husband is Military and our house won't be ready for a couple of weeks. The building is run down and a mess. The hallways smell bad and the staircases are dark and narrow. The room was small, mini fridge was filthy and small. The tv only had about 5 channels and nothing for children. I don't think the sheets were changed on one bed (crusty spots). The other patrons where characters, from all walks of life that gave me uneasy looks. Lots of partiers hangout outside getting trashed, which isn't a big deal, but they were obnoxiously running around the walkways and slamming doors. The breakfast was poor, to say the least. No hot water to cook the oatmeal packets they offered, not fruit or protein, other than the gravy for the biscuits. They were out of OJ and maple syrup for the waffles. Couldn't find the milk for the cereal either. the worst part, it is also the front for a bus stop. You never knew who was staying there or waiting for the bus. We had constant problems with the card keys deactivating. We stayed two nights, just until we could find another hotel in the area that allowed pets. Yes, the price was right, but spending an extra 30 a night for a clean, safe place was well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel has a very good location just off the interstate, yet quiet enough to sleep. The place shows its age, but is well appointed for a 2 star establishment. The price is right for the quality offered. Plus it has a continental breakfast included, so what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had always heard that The Rodeway Inn was a nice place to stay, boy were we wrong!! The place was easy enough to find and the front desk clerks were wonderful but it was all down hill from there. The room was clean but the door barely locked, the heater sounded like a freight train and the shower completly fell apart. The breakfast left alot to be desired as the waffle iron did not work, the list goes on. It needs to be remodled to say the least!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank west77
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I drove here from Michigan and was extremely tired. Talked to the lady at the front desk and explained my situation, she was nice but told me no clean rooms were available. So I told her I would be waiting outside in my car.. I didn't get a room until 3 hours later. It was miserable. When I finally did get my room, it wasn't very clean. Dust on the picture frame, streaky mirrors, rings in the toilet, rust in the tub, which looks because of the leak, sink has cracks in it, and bits of 'something' on the mattress. Also the outside of the fridge and microwave were not wiped down properly. Tv was dusty. Would be a much nicer place to stay if house keeping did a better job. I ended up cleaning my room before I even unpacked, which I shouldn't of had to do. Am staying here only because they accept my cat for a decent price.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It's a really run down motel with cracks in the wall. Rooms are dark, old. Window and door were old too - I wouldn't dare to leave my belongings in there.
We ended up there because everything in this area was fully booked and it was recommended by a really friendly and helpful person in another motel along the road. As this other motel was so nice, we thought the other one would be too and we booked the room. But the Roadway Inn is far below our standard. I'm glad that the woman at the reception agreed that we could check out. By the way, wasn't everything but cheap!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I got a bad feeling when we pulled up here and should have gone elsewhere, but stayed anyway. I like to keep it positive, so here's a few: it was 1/2 the price of other Choice Hotels in the area (should have been clue #1), the staff was very nice and accomodating (even when I asked for extra pillows), the pool was clean, the room appeared clean and the bathroom functioned. The bad was that it was 90+ degrees outside and you couldn't run the A/C on high or it would freeze up, as posted on the unit in the room. We didn't run it on high and still the unit froze which means it just pushes hot air into the room...2 hours later it unfroze and we were able to start it again before it froze again. We all had to take showers in the middle of the night to cool down. It was a completely miserable night with little sleep. Breakfast was pitiful, nothing hot except waffles, no fresh fruit and the area was super hot because the lobby's A/C pipes were frozen too. If you want cheap and can stand sleeping in a hot room, then this place is for you. For everyone else, drive on my friends, drive on!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here and want quiet, ask for a room facing the pool. At least you won't hav...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family