“Really bad!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here on Thursday night. Had reserved online through a travel site for Frontier Days- Journey concert. Should have known when we checked in that we were in trouble. Upon check in they make you sign a release that you are not entitled to any refunds and that your reservation was final when you booked it online. Regardless, they definitely have you because there are no rooms available within 50 miles during Frontier Days anyway!

Desk staff told us we were 20 minutes walking distance from the arena. Try again....an hour later and over a mile+. Don't believe the website- maybe as the crow flies but by pavements- no way. You are better off to stay further away and shuttle in.

Checked in to a clogged sink, overflowing. Light fixture directly over the shower had no cover and wires hanging down. Room very dirty. Toilet had puke/poop in the rim, sheets appeared to have been changed but were stained, stained towels. Went to the desk and asked for another room. None available.... 2 hours and 4 requests later someone came and couldn't unclog the sink from the puke someone had left in it the night before- gross!!!. Never addressed the unsafe shower electrical fixture. Said he would take care of sink while we were at the concert. Returned around 1 am to find our room door propped open. Went to desk and told them, response that they would tell the manager. Thankfully, we had left our valuables locked in the car knowing this place was sketchy at best. But, our beverage supply seemed to be depleted that was left on the desk in our room....Creeped us out that people had partied in our room left open by management neglect.

No security anywhere, a drunk tried to pick a fight with my husband at the ice machine. No ice anyway... drunks in the parking lot and totally out of control. Oh well, went to sleep despite the noise and the stained sheets. No A/C to speak of, enjoyed the ice cold shower in the morning and the breakfast with cold foods that were warm and warm foods that were cold. Especially liked that when we used the sink in the am, that it clogged again with the previous guests puke. Told the desk staff that the sink was still clogged and I bet that Fri nights guest had the same clogged sink.

Asked to speak with manager again at check out, was told she usually isn't around. Have tried to call Ms Bair 3 x since and she is not in. I own a travel agency- would never recommend this hotel to anyone- ever. In fact, in light of no return call from Ms Bair, will contact Choice Hotels to let them know that they need to debrand this hotel. You expect some standards from a Choice hotel and this is not even close- its a flea bag. Hope other guests do the same.

Ms Bair, if you check your reviews- you know who I am- so feel free to contact me. Your property is a disgrace.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank honesty59

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I would not be staying here if we had the choice. The room smells. There are food bits under our bed cover. The stairwells and hallways are dirty. It's got a very depressing feel to it too. They really need to do something about it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Room was not clean and maintained. Front desk clerk overwhelmed. Light bulbs missing in numerous fixtures and not enough electrical outlets to accommodate traveling needs. Coffee pot was dirty and had food debris on inside of pot like previous tenant had made ramen noodles in it and cleaning staff wiped out pot with dirty cloth. I would not recommend this establishment to my enemy. Lots of traffic not sure if it was legal or not???
Stay here if you are adventurous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank Steve and Ginge... W
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Checked in ok, but found out the pool was not in use due to maitenance (something that could have been mentioned on the website where I reserved my room.) Our room was on the 2nd floor, but there was no sign to indicate how to get up there. No picture or sign or anything. We figured it out eventually. Had to go throught @ heavy doors and some old, dirty stairs. Once in room, not so bad, not very modern though, furniture & appliances beat up or missing (iron). Checked out bathroom, toilet had seal on it indicating it had been cleaned & sanitized, but when I opend the lid there was black mold along one edge. Also, the door to the bathroom went to the floor which scraped and made a loud awful noise if I didn't pull up on the handle. Alarm clock had correct time, but was flashing. Air conditioner stopped blowing cool air in the middle of the night. Room service banged on the door way too early. This place needs to get it TOGETHER!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Mangement counts for a lot and the team at the Rodeway show that they want to improve the condition of the motel. Their service (daytime and nighttime) are just exceptional at pleasing us,the customer. I have stayed there twice! There would be no reservations about staying again. A real plus for the budget minded, like me, is that it is reasonably priced. I had a smoking room and it had just been freshly painted and clean. There were some door issues on the first stay. One had to bang HARD on it with the shoulder to open it. They were aware and I have no doubt that they will have it fixed. When the staff is attentive and genuine, the price is right, I can overlook minor complaints. 5 stars for staff and price. -1star for door issue only b/c someone else might not have been able to push it as hard as it took to get it open.

Room Tip: Nice room for the price. Did not use pool, ( off season) fitness center or room service. I had smoki...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laurie H
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on 5/30/2012. We were very impressed with the facility. It is obvious that are they working to improve the rooms and amenities. The wife says it was the most comfortable bed she has slept in for the last month that we have been traveling. The TV remote worked, the shower had good pressure, the air conditioner worked, the lights all worked and were adequate for lighting, etc.

There were definitely more good things about this motel than there were bad. Because there is some remodeling and updating going on we expected to see things like a stack of pictures in the hallway. But, the common areas could still be kept clean during this time. The customer laundry around the corner from our room (229) should be picked up and clean. Also, a little more detail to cleaning in the room would be good. Either the maid did not vacuum or did not do a very good job. It could be that new vacuums should be purchased. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. It may be unhooked and not in use, but in any case it still should be vacuumed to get rid of the buildup of lint showing.

Back to the good. The breakfast was excellent. They had a good selection of cereals, juices, rolls, fresh fruits and the usual waffle maker. The only thing I would like to see on the breakfast, and this applies to most other motels, is a protein item. Hard boiled eggs is a good choice but even peanut butter to put on the waffles would work. Overall, this breakfast would get a 10 in my book.

I have saved the best for last. The people working at this motel were the friendliest and most accommodating that we have ever seen. Our thanks go out to the management and desk clerk for their excellent service.

Room Tip: Stop at the rest areas along the freeway and pick up a room saver booklet and use the coupon. This...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Rodney K
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this motel twice, first time I checked out very unhappy because I was bit all night by bedbugs. Additionally, I returned through Cheyenne, and decided to give them another try thinking maybe I just had a bad room, which obviously couldn't happen again. Miserable as hell, terrible, worse bedbugs this time, totally different room. I would never stay here again, even if I were given the room free. It was brought to my attention, that they do not treat bedbug rooms properly, all they do is set off a bomb. Big mistake, never go there again. Trash every where, extremely poor management

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business