“Expected more from a CHOICE hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Cameron, Missouri, United States
“Expected more from a CHOICE hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Checked in ok, but found out the pool was not in use due to maitenance (something that could have been mentioned on the website where I reserved my room.) Our room was on the 2nd floor, but there was no sign to indicate how to get up there. No picture or sign or anything. We figured it out eventually. Had to go throught @ heavy doors and some old, dirty stairs. Once in room, not so bad, not very modern though, furniture & appliances beat up or missing (iron). Checked out bathroom, toilet had seal on it indicating it had been cleaned & sanitized, but when I opend the lid there was black mold along one edge. Also, the door to the bathroom went to the floor which scraped and made a loud awful noise if I didn't pull up on the handle. Alarm clock had correct time, but was flashing. Air conditioner stopped blowing cool air in the middle of the night. Room service banged on the door way too early. This place needs to get it TOGETHER!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
southern wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Mangement counts for a lot and the team at the Rodeway show that they want to improve the condition of the motel. Their service (daytime and nighttime) are just exceptional at pleasing us,the customer. I have stayed there twice! There would be no reservations about staying again. A real plus for the budget minded, like me, is that it is reasonably priced. I had a smoking room and it had just been freshly painted and clean. There were some door issues on the first stay. One had to bang HARD on it with the shoulder to open it. They were aware and I have no doubt that they will have it fixed. When the staff is attentive and genuine, the price is right, I can overlook minor complaints. 5 stars for staff and price. -1star for door issue only b/c someone else might not have been able to push it as hard as it took to get it open.

Room Tip: Nice room for the price. Did not use pool, ( off season) fitness center or room service. I had smoki...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laurie H
Chester, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on 5/30/2012. We were very impressed with the facility. It is obvious that are they working to improve the rooms and amenities. The wife says it was the most comfortable bed she has slept in for the last month that we have been traveling. The TV remote worked, the shower had good pressure, the air conditioner worked, the lights all worked and were adequate for lighting, etc.

There were definitely more good things about this motel than there were bad. Because there is some remodeling and updating going on we expected to see things like a stack of pictures in the hallway. But, the common areas could still be kept clean during this time. The customer laundry around the corner from our room (229) should be picked up and clean. Also, a little more detail to cleaning in the room would be good. Either the maid did not vacuum or did not do a very good job. It could be that new vacuums should be purchased. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. It may be unhooked and not in use, but in any case it still should be vacuumed to get rid of the buildup of lint showing.

Back to the good. The breakfast was excellent. They had a good selection of cereals, juices, rolls, fresh fruits and the usual waffle maker. The only thing I would like to see on the breakfast, and this applies to most other motels, is a protein item. Hard boiled eggs is a good choice but even peanut butter to put on the waffles would work. Overall, this breakfast would get a 10 in my book.

I have saved the best for last. The people working at this motel were the friendliest and most accommodating that we have ever seen. Our thanks go out to the management and desk clerk for their excellent service.

Room Tip: Stop at the rest areas along the freeway and pick up a room saver booklet and use the coupon. This...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rodney K
Casper, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this motel twice, first time I checked out very unhappy because I was bit all night by bedbugs. Additionally, I returned through Cheyenne, and decided to give them another try thinking maybe I just had a bad room, which obviously couldn't happen again. Miserable as hell, terrible, worse bedbugs this time, totally different room. I would never stay here again, even if I were given the room free. It was brought to my attention, that they do not treat bedbug rooms properly, all they do is set off a bomb. Big mistake, never go there again. Trash every where, extremely poor management

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Robert M

Travelers are raving about these Cheyenne hotels

Riverton, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

My stay on Friday March 23, 2012 was not the experience I expected. When checking in the lobby was clean, well lit and had a nice atmosphere. The desk clerk was without a doubt one of the most courteous and helpful I have met in over 45 years. As I climbed the stairs to the 2nd floor it was obvious the place was being remodeled and when I opened the door to the room it didn’t look all that bad.That is till I checked out the bed it looked like it had been slept in the bathroom sink had several strands of black hair in it and there were no drinking cups in the room. I should say usable drinking cups as I found one heavily encrusted with dust in the corner. I had to pull out the bed to plug in my oxygen concentrator and the filth on the carped and the wall behind the headboard was unacceptable.

They may be remodeling and trying to improve but if they are going to maximize their profits and get customers like myself to come back, some on in management is going to have to insist the cleaning staff pay attention to details. I say in Cheyenne on average between 12 and 14 times a year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wy_oldtimer
az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

the place is under new management and it is obvious they are making good changes. first and most important "the room is clean"!.everything may not be brand new but this is not a hotel that charges $150/night.
ok, here goes...Staff is wonderful and will bend over backwards to be helpful
furniture is in good condition, carpeting in my room looks like it was replaced rescently."yes i would walk on it without my shoes!
bath fixtures aged but serve the purpose and are CLEAN!!!
could use a little paint touch up but acceptable
bed and bed coverings are nice...FITTED SHEETS! YES! a big pet peve of mine
pillows!!!!!nice nice nice...didnt have to bring my own in
i didnt look closely but there are plenty of snacks available, a restaurant on premesis.lunch special posted was at a very reasonable price
did i mention the room was CLEAN!
i stay at many hotels/motels for business so i am objective and do notice most things about where i stay.
would i recommend staying here. absolutely
for business i usually stay in the upper midrange hotels.
would i stay here again, absolutely
half the cost and a clean comfortable room is a bonus for me

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

The Inn must be under new management. The staff was so friendly we also had a very warm welcome.
The rooms were very clean. This new management team is making the previous post so untrue. The Roadway Inn has defiantly changed. I would stay and again and again.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for your comment!
The new managment and staff is working hard to improve all aspects of the Rodeway inn! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!