“New Owners--Beautiful rustc mountain escape”

Snowy Mountain Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Centennial
Snowy Mountain Lodge
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Love this place! New owners have done a great job. Nestled in the Snowy Range, this is a perfect jump off point for nordic skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing in the winter, and hiking in the summer. Perfect for a large group, family reunion or corporate retreat or just to curl up in front of fire w/ a good book. Large lodge w/ fireplace, dining room, industrial kitchen, and meeting facilities. No restaurant yet. Cabins are a work in progress and are comfortable. This is not meant to be a fancy hotel so don't expect that. This is down home Wyoming.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank wyowinds
There are newer reviews for Snowy Mountain Lodge

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We rented cabin 3, one of the larger cabins in March 2012 for a couple of days. The cabin was clean the furniture and applicances were acceptable.The cabin we stayed in was about 100 yards from the parking area so we were worried about walking the distance with all of our luggage but the staff was wonderful they offered to take us and all of our belongings on a snowmobile with a sled and drive us to our cabin and they did the same when we were ready to check out. Our friends who stayed with us also had a 2 little babies and staff warmed up the snowcat for the family and transported them to the cabin. While we were there we saw a fox sit outside our window for several minutes, this just enhanced our wonderful experience. Location is great if you are planning on Skiing at Snowy Range it's less than 10 minutes away. Would recommend. Thanks for the great memories we will be back next March.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula F
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My wife booked us a night at the Snowy Range Lodge for my birthday. We go to the Snowies probably 14 times a year, but usually camp. This was supposed to be a night of luxury for us, but ended up being a big dissapointment. The most obvious thing was that the place looked like a dump. Old equipment was strewn out all over the resort, as were cables, chairs, rugs, junk... and there was no place to park. Inside the cabin, we were surprised to find that the bathroom was nothing more than a chemical toilet next to the bed with a sheet as a door. Breakfast was good the next day, but was very expensive. I wanted to talk to the new owners in the lodge, but they were no where to be found and apparently the one in charge was a teenage girl. Later that summer we found that they had billed our credit card double the amount of the room. We had trouble getting ahold of anyone to clear the charge, but finally succeeded after relentless persistence. No way was I paying an extra 80 bucks to sleep at the Carbon County Landfill. Forest Service says (as of Jan/2010) that the place is closed and for sale. Let's hope the new owners clean the place up.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank wyowriter
Reviewed February 28, 2009

We made a reservation on Wednesday the 25th for the following Saturday - Tuesday. My son fell ill on Friday evening (he had his tonsils out a week before) and were unable to go. I made a call to cancel the reservation and was told they would bill me the full stay. (almost $1000.00) I asked them to have a little compassion being my son was ill and they told me the cancellation policy was two weeks (which we were not told over the phone) How to you enforce a cancellation policy of 14 days when the reservation was made two days ago? The website for the hotel lists the policy at being if you dont call to cancel they will bill the entire stay. If you call to cancel within that 14 day window they bill you 50%. Well, they billed me the entire stay anyway. Plus they billed me on Friday night for the stay when we were not supposed to arrive until saturday. Who do these people think they are? PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SANITY DONT GO TO THE SNOWY MOUNTAIN LODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009
9  Thank slednchick
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Sadly we had to cancel our three nights at the lodge as my husband had been told to stay close to hospitals while there was a danger his infected appendix would rupture. We phoned to cancel but received no reply and so left a message on the answer machine. No reimbursement has ever been given in spite of emailing and then writing. This is quite distressing.

Stayed: June 2008
6  Thank poetryeuropa
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I attempted to plan an event at Snowy Mountain Lodge and ended up moving it. The staff were difficult to get in touch with and frequently did not return my calls or follow through on things they agreed to do. When I was able to speak with them, they were unhelpful and at times even rude. It was almost as if they did not want my business. Perhaps not a good place to host an event?

Stayed: January 2008
7  Thank Midwesterner81
Reviewed December 8, 2007

I had found the web site for the Snowy Mountain Lodge, and called them about staying there with 11 others. We were on a snowmobile adventure. The new owners were very polite and helpful. We found the place in great shape. Could have a few more places to hang wet clothes but besides that we had a great time. We stayed for a some of 3 or 4 days. There were 8 of us in the large cabin and 4 in one of the smaller cabins with no running water. We found bottle water there a waiting our stay. There may have been mouse turds, but these cabins are in the woods. What do you expect!!!!
We had so much fun and enjoyed the Lodge that 7 of us decided to go back again in Feb. of 2007. We found our second trip to be as pleasurable as the first. We even stayed longer the second trip. The owners of the lodge remembered us from the first trip. We traveled around 8 hours to the Snowy Mountain Lodge and found every thing to be "A Rustic Lodge In the Mountains of Wyoming" I would attach some pictures but they are all on cd at this time.
My Dad, Brother and I went back in March of 2007 for but not least another adventure to the Snowy Mountain Lodge. We had a late lunch and was going to stay, but the owner advised us of a bad storm coming in. Knowing that we had to be back, he thought we had better leave that day. We did not get to enjoy an overnight stay, but we did get to eat one of the best steaks I have had in a long time. We did not eat a lot at the Lodge, but when we did it was always very good, and at a reasonable price. Thanks Snowy Mountain Lodge. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Snowy Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!