“Tip From Hotel...Best One Yet!”

Fire Rock Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #3 of 183 Restaurants in Casper
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

If you're in Casper this is a MUST for you. The outside was so beautifully appointed that we almost didn't go in thinking it was going to be too expensive. Our last night of a 15 day trip we decided...what the heck. Then you get inside and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh Oh...we're in for a big check to night...NOT!

Wow this place is fabulous. The service was top notch, the food spectacular (try the apple crisp for dessert you will NOT be disappointed) and the food was scrumptious. The prices were so reasonable we could not believe it! The GM sent over the Artichoke Dip for us as we mentioned this was our first time out west...what a great way to welcome your guests...AND it was SO delicious!
LOVE THIS PLACE!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

FireRock is a local favorite, and probably one of the best steakhouses in the area. Many of their dishes are fantastic, and we've always had great service there. There's a caveat, though, and that is that food quality has not been consistent over the years. In particular, the ribs (once the best in town) have been poor recently. But the chicken fried steak is fantastic. Their burgers are great, as are the wraps. Salads are generous, sides offer a wide variety and good quality. Italian margarita is a must!

1  Thank WyoOnTheRoad
Reviewed August 20, 2014

First time to Fire Rock Steakhouse. Had the Cajun Ribeye with twice-baked potato. The food was excellent! The bread served with the meal was wonderful.
The service was so-so. When I got there, the host said I could sit in the dining room, or there was open seating in the bar and patio area. I opted for the patio. The place was really busy (bar area was almost full). I think I was at the table for at least 5 minutes before anyone brought anything. The server plopped down a menu and glass of water and said she would be back to take my order. Didn't offer any other drinks. Another 7-10 minutes goes by and she comes back. I order the meal and she asks "are you just going to have water to drink?". I reply, no I'd like a Crown & Coke. She leaves. Another 10 minutes goes by...the drink and bread show up with a quick "sorry". A few minutes later another server delivers the food. I was about half way through the meal when she finally asks how is everything. I say fine and she's gone in a flash. I finish my meal and sit for another several minutes before being asked if I want anything else. I say no. The check comes several minutes later with another quick "sorry", then another wait...receipt arrives and I depart.
This morning I told someone at the office about it and they said "oh yeah, they are always super busy". If they are always that busy, they need to bring on more staff. Again, the meal was very good. The service could be improved, which would make my rating an "excellent".

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Driving down the main drag looking for something other than chain, saw the Fire Rock and pulled in. Busy with the dinner crowd, yet seated us right away. Prompt attention from our server, decent wine list ($66 Cakebread). Ordered the prime rib with sides - reasonably priced, especially with the current beef shortage $$. Excellent bread, salads and entrees - all delivered as expected. Very good food and service - will return on my next trip to Casper/Evansville.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

From appetizers to dessert, the meal was delicious. Decent selection of wines moderately priced. Waitstaff provided prompt, friendly service. They don't take reservations for groups under 8 but we didn't have to wait for seating before 7:00pm.

Been to Fire Rock Steakhouse & Grill? Share your experiences!