“Big name, beautiful building. Food is a dud.”

Fire Rock Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #2 of 168 Restaurants in Casper
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Casper, Wyoming
“Big name, beautiful building. Food is a dud.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nothing too fancy here. We've eaten here a few times and each time I always wonder, "Now, why did I come back here?" Food is good but it's way overrated. Boot's barbeque is way BETTER!

Gardnerville, Nevada
“$58.00 for crab legs! Really”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Visiting Casper for a 50th birthday which was held at Fire Rock. Service was slow, but the place was packed. Very expensive meal. I ordered Crab legs, 1 1/2 lbs. Don't know if it was freeze dried and rehydrated or old and freezer burned. $58.00 was the cost, that is outragious I could have gone down the street to Sams and bought the same amount for $40.00, that actually tastes almost fresh. The first few bites were okay, it was like the rest was hidden under some better crab and they were getting rid of the old stuff. The aspargus side I had was very tough as well. My husband ordered steak that was bland and very undercooked. Med-well is what he ordered, raw was what he got. Oysters were also very bland. I do realize we are no where close to the ocean, but I have had crab legs several places in the state that did not taste so old and dry. Needs to removed from your menu. Hire some chefs that know how to cook meat would be an added benefit. We also did not appreciate our bill having a 20% gratuity added to it to the turn of 33.00 for 3 people. I do know that you add for large partys, but we should of been informed by the staff at the start of their service to our group. We felt very taken advantage of.

• Visited January 2013
“Inconsistent service”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Watch out for waitresses having a bad day. We have eaten here several times and service is always hit or miss. We have gotten some fantastic servers but have also had some real downers. Our most recent was horrible. She made us feel like having an allergy was an inconvenience. My mom's steak came back raw twice and the waitress had the nerve to tell her it was medium rare - not even close. As my dad said, it was practically still breathing.

Casper, Wyoming
“Never disappointed.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food is always good, the atmosphere in tastefully done, and we love the staff! It is a great place to go for a drink after work with friends, entertain a large group, or enjoy a romantic dinner for two. Highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
Palm Springs, California
“Good, not inexpensive”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed the ambience and the food was good.
I wasn't paying the bill but enjoyed it all.
A nice top-end place for the town - even if it is on the southernmost edge of the city.

Visited November 2012

Been to Fire Rock Steakhouse & Grill? Share your experiences!