“Always a safe bet - but . . . .”
Review of Courtyard Casper

Courtyard Casper
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Casper
“Always a safe bet - but . . . .”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The rooms here at the Courtyard have always been their strongest point. Comfortable beds, plenty of space, cleaned to perfection, bathrooms more than adequately stocked with everything you would expect & a very nice shower. The weak point has always been - and continues to be - the lack of a nicely stocked, complimentary breakfast. Honestly, the old Days Inn across town puts on a great spread - but not here at a Marriott Group location. Other than that - it's a great spot to stay,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoy our hotel. I understand that many travelers do appreciate a complimentary breakfast and that the new Courtyard Bistro concept is not ideal for all travelers. I am sorry that the Bistro is not a perfect fit for your travel needs.
I thank you again for the review and we would love to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Evanston, Wyoming
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel renovated their rooms earlier this year and spared little expense. The furnishings are beautiful. The shower with the "shaving shelf" to rest a leg on showed a lot of thought. I wish they would have put as much thought into bathroom lighting for makeup--all overhead and pretty high on the wall so it casts shadows. This hotel would have been deluxe--all designed for a 4 or 5-star rating, if only the maid service measured up. I stayed alone on business and fortunately had two queen beds. They looked a little lumpy before I pulled the covers back but before I got into bed, expecting clean, tight, wrinkle-free sheets, the bed definitely looked slept in with large wrinkles pressed into it. Fortunately, the other bed appeared to be untouched. In the morning, I took a deluxe shower and noticed a few very long strands of dark hair across the back shower wall--definitely not a match to my shoulder-length blonde. There was also something sticky, like gum, on the new carpet. It appeared that someone had tried to remove it but I kept stepping in it in my socks. Perhaps my experience was an isolated one and I'd be willing to give this otherwise beautiful hotel a second chance. It would be a shame for them to go to their recent expense of remodeling and then lose customers over poor housekeeping. The most important thing for a guest to forget is that they are sleeping and showering in a room total strangers slept and showered in the night before. At over $200 night, they should be able to afford housekeeping with a better work ethic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ILLINOIS
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the Casper Courtyard about 4 years ago and the hotel was nice, so we decided to stay again. It is not often that the Marriott property in town is very low on tripadvisor ranking, but after staying here, we see why. The hotel is located near restaurants and right off the interstate, easy to get to. Our first impression was not very good as outside trash receptacles were overflowing, and the ash tray on top of the trash receptacles were full of cigarette butts. The concrete entryway could use a good power washing to remove all the gum and filth to give a good impression of the facility. The front desk lady was pleasant and checked us in. The lobby appeared to have been recently remodelled, but had a very odd smell. The smell definitely did not entice us to try on site dining. The room was quiet, clean, nice beds, and allowed us to get a good nights sleep. The pool was small, but clean and nice. No towels were to be found in the pool area. The hot tub was functional.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the interstate, so request a room away from the interstate highway
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us and will be taking steps to correct the items you expressed concern about. I am very sorry that your stay with us was not more than just okay, as we want each of our guests to have a wonderful stay with us. I thank you again for your review.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here while driving from LA to NYC. Of the many hotels we have stayed at along our trek - including The Standard - this hotel was a highlight. Clean, quiet, inviting and the most comfortable beds.

Complain about having to pay for breakfast, coffee, etc. but there is no such thing as a free lunch anymore. But there is complimentary coffee in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Casper and that you were able to relax during what sounds like a very long and exciting trip! I hope you made it safely to your destination and we thank you, again, for taking the time to share your experience.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night on a through trip. The bed was really comfortable and the room was clean. The shower was cool in that it had a small alcove for storing all your toiletries, sitting down or as a prop for legs while shaving. It made the shower feel chic and modern. Parking was very tight but I managed to find a corner spot at the last minute. I didn't stay for breakfast b/c I was in a hurry to get on the road, and I don't like paying extra for hotel breakfasts - I think they should all be included in the nightly rate. But all in all, a great place to lay your head anytime.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jen G
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for one night during our road trip. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The room was quiet and clean. The small pool was nice enough for our daughter to enjoy. Parking did seem to be a bit tight when the hotel was full.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank IssyWA73
San Rafael, California
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I were very surprised we could hear the people above us every time they walked! We didn't get a good night's sleep. If wasn't so tired would have moved to another room or another
Hotel! !

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so not so noise. Very poor sound insulation. Better places on this t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vickoo
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that the guests in the room above you could be heard in your room. It is not a common occurance that we are notified about noise in nearby rooms, and I apologize that this was the experience that you had. I thank you, again, for sharing your experience with us, as your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you and we hope to see you again sometime!