“Would stay there again!”
Review of Courtyard Casper

Courtyard Casper
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Casper
“Would stay there again!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel on our way to Yellowstone. The hotel was clean and updated. The staff was very accommodating. We had a room fridge, microwave and food bar area. It was in a good location if you would like a quick stop off. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2013
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am extremly delighted that you enjoyed the time you spent here with us. It is a pleasure for us to be able to provide our travels with a comfortable stay. I hope you had a fantastic time in Yellowstone and we hope to have you back again sometime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While driving from Chicago to Jackson Hole we needed a place to stay.....way to go Courtyard by Mariott. Super friendly staff at check in. Nice, clean room, staff gave recommendations for dinner. Fresh baked cookies at the counter. Very affordable as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for chosing to stay with us during your travels! I am delighted to hear that your time spent with us was enjoyable. I hope the rest of your time spent traveling is safe and you have a fantastic time wherever you end up next.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to Casper for training on Sunday the 14th as my company was paying for a weeks stay here. I checked in Sunday night around 9 pm and the gal behind the counter was saying this was her first night alone. Well as luck would have it, they could not find my companies c.c authorization paper, and even though they had the c.c. number in the computer they would not allow me to check in. So I had to use my personal debit card to check in. She told me that she would only put a pre auth of $20.00 on it for the night until Monday when we could get ahold of my corporate office. I agreed and initialed a form they have to do that. Once in my room, the shower was dirty, they had left a bar of soap from the previous tenant with hair on it and there was a large clump of red hair stuck to the shower wall. I cleaned that up and took pictures to show them, then I notified the front desk the next day only to get a " sorry we have new maids". Well Monday came and my company sent the authorization. However, by the time they got it, the Marriott had hit my card for a pre auth of 380.00, which overdrew my account. My bank notified me and I went to discuss it with the front desk, only to get the front desk clerk to say she was sorry, I told her that was not good enough and I wanted to speak to the manager, she would not come out of the office and talk with me. I had to get back to work so I told the clerk I would be back around 5:15 and wanted to talk with the manger then. When I returned the manager had just left. In the mean time, they had tried to hit my card four more times for amounts ranging from 169.00 to 197.00, which was declined by my bank. I came in on Tuesday on my lunch hour which took two hours of my time to be on the phone with my bank and at the front desk getting the auth codes from the manager who still wo7uld not come out of her office, leaving the clerk to take the brunt of my anger. They kept telling me that they didn't have one for 380.00 and my bank was on the line telling me they did, finally the manager made a phone call to the front desk and they found the number conveniently, because I was becoming more upset. So we get this taken care of so that my car payment that was due to come in would not be sent back nor would I incur a over draft charge. I left there thinking everything was good as they had my companies card for two days now.
well Wednesday, my bank called again and told me that they just hit my card again for 40.00. I was furious by this time and went to confront the clerk at the desk, it just so happen to be the gal who started all this mess on Sunday. I raised my voice and demanded that she call her manager and get her down there to get this code and get this off my account. I was informed that she would not do that. I was then smugly and with attitude told that "see where you initialed this card" "I can hit your card for any amount I want to." I told her that was only for one night and she said my company did not authorize incidentals on the c.c. authorization so they used my card, even though I did not charge anything for three days to the room, nor was I going to. I found out today there is no such place on the form, so I was lied to and jerked around. Long story short, I was extremely upset and was taking loudly but not yelling, there were other people in the lobby and none of them heard me, but I did curse at the girl and she told me she was going to call her manager, I said do it, let me talk to her, she went into the office and came back out and said to me "if you don't like what we do here I think its time for you to leave", I said excuse me? She said" my manager wants you out of here and you have 30 minutes to pack your stuff and get out or we will call the police". I said I wasn't going anywhere and went up to my room. Fifteen minutes went by and there was a knock at my door, it was an officer, I said I was expecting him and to come in, the next thing I knew there were three officers in my room. I said my goodness what did she tell you to warrant three officers? Well I told them what happened and they couldn't believe what they just heard, they rolled their eyes and chuckled, by that time it had become comical. So we talked for a few minutes and I told them I would be out in twenty minutes and I was. When I came to the lobby, I was met with laughter from the girl and the young guy behind the desk. I asked her to check my room as she had told the police that I might destroy it. She proceeded to go check it and upon her return she would not even look at me, she told the guy it was fine, I said excuse me was it satisfactory? She replied it was, I asked for a final bill for both cards and walked out the front door where two officers were waiting in their cars to make sure I left. I can honestly say I have never been so degraded, humiliated, and stressed in my life, nor have I ever had a hotel stay this horrible. I fought for two days to get unwarranted and unauthorized charges off my card, only to have them slap me in the face and do it again. The attitude of the manager was appalling, the young kids behind the desk were smug and ignorant and were not helpful at all, and I can say that I have never had such a horrible stay anywhere in my life! NEVER again will any Marriott get my business or my companies. Stay away from the Casper Marriott!!!!!! They charge 197.00 a night and don't even serve a continental breakfast!!!! they charge you 8.00 dollars for a continental breakfast, there is no restaurant there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank rhonda r
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I thank you for your review. I do apologize that there was so much trouble with the required authorizations being placed on your card and that perhaps the authorization form may have been misread, or misunderstood. Although it may be inconvenient at times, we do require a signature for all credit cards that are charged to protect the card owner from fraud. When there is no form on file, we must hold funds on the individual’s credit card at the time of check in to ensure there will be some form of payment provided if the form is never returned or completed. I do apologize that I was not available to speak with you regarding your concerns when you came to the desk. The only time I was made aware of your request to speak with me, I was handling a different situation. By the time I had that taken care of you had already left back to work. Yes, I did provide the numbers to the front desk staff to give to your bank, but the level of your anger did not have anything to do with the timing. I simply was looking at the wrong date for the correct code. At no point did anyone in the hotel intentionally do anything to try to upset you. It seems as though there was a rather large misunderstanding between the front desk staff and yourself as to how the hold process is executed and I do apologize for that. I have spoken with the individual that checked you in to make sure that she is explaining the hold process more clearly and thoroughly to avoid a situation such as this in the future. As for the cleanliness of your room, I am very sorry that you experienced anything left untouched in the room. As you were made aware, we do have a new housekeeping staff, but there is no excuse for anyone being checked into a room that is not 100% clean and ready. I have been working with the new maid staff in order to ensure nothing further is overlooked. If you did report the cleanliness issue to the front desk, I apologize that it was not immediately taken care of for you and that you felt that you needed to take care of it yourself. I will be addressing this issue with those who should have taken action. As for calling the police, we do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Unfortunately the circumstances and dramatic escalation of this situation led me to believe this was the best option for everyone involved. I do not take chances when it comes to the safety of my staff and guests and could not let the verbal assault persist. Again, my apologies that your stay here was not a reflection of the product and service that we strive exceptionally hard to provide to each of our guests. I do wish you better luck with your future travels.
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Love the new Courtyard layout. Remarkable lobby experience, nice open air comfy seating in the great room by the fireplace and big screen, saw kids enjoying the pool. Asked the front desk staff for a restaurant recommendation and we were hooked up. Starbucks about 1 mile away. Clean room, nice helpful, engaging staff.

Room Tip: Get the city view, even numbers look at city, odd numbers look at the highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimvet1826
I thank you for your review and am thoroughly pleased you enjoyed your time spent here with us. It is our goal for each and every one of our guests to have the most pleasurable experience possible and it makes me extremely proud of my staff to hear such fantastic things from our guests!
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn--however, we got a great price on the Marriott. We checked in around 3 and left and came back at 11 p.m. Staff was ready to leave with purse on her shoulder. "Have you checked in yet?" We said yes. You could see her happiness and relief on her face. We got to our room and found that there was no bedding for the sofa bed (our grandkids wanted to stay with us to go swimming). So, got the bedding from Vicky--Pleasant Helpful Wonderful. We then noticed that there weren't any drinking glasses and only 1 coffee cup. Vicky brought that up to us and 2 other guests later. She was the only staff on duty over a very busy weekend in Casper. Not good staffing plan. The pool was shut down in the morning, so we had to go to the Holiday Inn to swim. What a mess. Talked with the manager on Monday July 1, she was glad to hear that Vicky and Jake and Monica helped us out. But was not happy with housekeeping. We got comped a breakfast. Oh well. Guess we will go back to the Holiday Inn from now on....

Room Tip: Check to make sure there is enough staff on duty
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I thank you for your review! I am very sorry for the problems that you experienced during your stay. I have recently changed housekeeping staff and hope that this will resolve many of the issues you have mentioned. I am very glad that Vicky took such great care of you. She really is a gem. We do generally have 2-3 people working on each shift. I am unsure the reasoning for Vicky to have been here on an early evening shift alone. I will have to look into that a bit more and make sure we do not have this continue. Once again, I thank you for your review and wish you well on your future travels.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for just one night while passing thru Casper. Used reward points and all room requests for high floor and quiet location were honored. Room faced highway, but noise not a problem. Front desk efficient with check-in , friendly and responsive to requests for additional blankets. Room was up to date, clean , spacious with nice flatscreen tv , bathroom with tubshower combo with good water pressure. Courtyards do not have complimentary breakfast but the cost for the buffet was quite moderate. The only problem was it was shutting down by 9:30 am with no fruit and very little else available, and restaurant staff was unresponsive to requests for restocking the empty buffet. Wife and I were forced to go elsewhere to eat breakfast at what did not seem a particularly late time in the morning. In summary, accommodations are quite nice and the hotel is clean and well maintained, but unless your an early riser prepare to go hungry or eat elsewhere.

1 Thank spiegs882016
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you were not able to join us for breakfast. I will be addressing this situation immediately, as our breakfast service runs from 6am-10am Monday - Friday and 7am-11am Saturday and Sunday. There is absolutely no reason that it should have been shut down at 9:30 am and there should have been food out. I am glad that the rest of the time you spent with us was enjoyable. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will make sure the breakfast issue does not continue.
Southern California
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed there overnight on the way to Montana. We had a really bad experience with one of the staff, Jake. When we made reservation online, we requested to have high floor unit since we are light sleepers and have hard time sleep if there are too many noises up-stair. Jake told us that he only had the second floor available or we would have to wait for a few minutes to get a high floor unit. So we waited for 15 minutes. Then he came to us and told us that we had to wait for a bit longer, we had no problem with it. But Jake left. Half an hour later, nobody came to us, so we went and checked. Nobody knew what was going on and it turned out that Jake put in the computer that we were having a second floor unit, which means that we waited for 45 minutes for nothing. Needless to way, we were not happy at all and we finally settled for 3rd floor unit. Sure enough, there were kids running on the hall way on 4th floor....

However, the girl who helped us, named Sommer, was trying very hard to make us happy. She helped us move in the third floor and was making the bed herself so we did not need to wait any longer . She also offered us free breakfasts the next morning, usually cost arms and legs, and we did appreciate that.

What really made us mad was that when we checked out the next day, I talked to Jake, and he persisted that he told us that we would be on the second floor, which made no sense. When I complained that he took off without letting anybody know what was going on, he stated that he had to be off or he would be written up. That made me wonder why the Marriott even kept him.

Enough about the bad staff, there are good staff there as well. Besides Sommer who I previously mentioned, Hope, who was working in the breakfast area, was absolutely wonderful. She was pleasant and very responsive, and treated everybody with respect. She made sure that everything was going well for us.

As far as the room, it was OK. The refrigerator was a "super mini" refrigerator, about half-size of the regular mini frige. You can only put in two 8X12 containers and that would be it. There's only one mug for the coffee maker so my husband and I had to share it. The bed was not very comfortable. The shower, however, was pretty nice.

I have a mixed feeling about this place and I would probably stay at Holiday Inn next door if I ever go this way again. One bad staff just ruined everything.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get Jake or you won't get what you want.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at Courtyard Casper, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I thank you for your review and I am very sorry that the experience that you had during your stay with us was anything but fantastic. I will be speaking with Jake about this situation, as I am a bit perplexed as to why your request for a high floor was not properly addressed. We assist guests with small requests such as this on a daily basis and there is no reason that this shouldn't have been taken care of for you.
I am thrilled that the ladies were able to take better care of you. Providing exceptional service to our guests is very important to us, and I am very sorry that your experience was not proof of this.
Again, I thank you for your review, as it is very important for me to hear about our guest's experiences.