“Good enough but not great Chinese food”

J.S. Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 178 Restaurants in Casper
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The good news is we had very low expectations. Chinese food in WY just seems like it shouldn't be. However, finding this place downtown and seeing plenty of patrons inside and a well lit ambiance, felt it was worth a try. The sauce served with steamed dumplings was just wrong. The dough also was too thick and I would not recommend ordering them again. The chicken curry was good but as expected, far too many green peppers, which exceeded the chicken ratio. Cashew chicken was adequate. Fried rice as well. Service was good but they only had 2 staff handling the whole restaurant and it got a little bit of a wait at times.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Actually, because my husband and I were so tired, he resorted to going to this nearby chinese food to pick up something for dinner. We both like chinese food, however, they had a buffet which we couldn't access since I stayed in the Motel, so he read the menu and ordered what was suppossed to be Gingered pork with mushrooms and rice. My God, the two orders could feed an army! There was hardly mushroom but half of the food was broccoli which looked like it had been sitting around going bad and so they had to dump it in our food? hardly had any chinese taste, even the soy sauce seemed like watered down! I was gross!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really like this place, It's on 2nd st just west of center. The food has always been good. I've been going for 3 yrs or so. The price is resonable and they have good sized portions. I used to have a problem with the spicey dishes not being very spicey, but that has improved in the last year or so. They also deliver but I've never tried that I like walking up from my motel when I'm in town. Good food nise place to eat downtown.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is literally one of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever been to. Twice cooked pork was delicious and the wonton soup was great!

1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We've eaten at several Chinese restaurants in Casper but keep returning to JS. We like the hot and sour soup and, for that matter, every dish we've ordered. The menu is extensive and the service properly attentive. The family dinners are a good deal for two or more and include choice of soup, appetizer selection, and an entree for each person. It's a good spot for lunch, too. They also offer take out and never seem to be too crowded.