“Great Service, Great BBQ”
Review of Famous Dave's Barbeque - CLOSED

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were looking forward to the opening of Famous Dave's in Casper, since we had eaten at so many across the country. Granted, we waited for a while after it opened, because we knew it would be crowded. But we went the other night at 4:30 on a Friday night. Got right in, the waitress was FABULOUS!!!, cheerful, knew her job and was helpful in helping us choose from the menu. We ended up ordering the Feast - which is enough food for 6 people - and gives you a taste of many of their options. My husband loved the ribs and brisket, I enjoyed the chicken, baked beans and muffins. Our friends liked everything!!! If you are going with a couple, or more, order the feast. It saves a few $$, and you can sample many of BBQ, so you will know what your favorite is for next time!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I asked our waiter what they were famous for and he did not hesitate: "Ribs." I've eaten ribs in several areas of the USA, and these are the best I've had outside of Texas. They use a rib rub, smoke them with hickory, and serve with a selection of sauces from sweet to hot. The ribs have a nice bark and a very good flavor. These are St. Louis cut pork ribs. We also tried the wings as an appetizer and a few slices of the brisket. The wings were differently spiced than I've had before, but they grew on me and I liked them. The brisket was a little dry but probably because I finished off the wings, then the ribs before cutting into the brisket. No room for desert but I have it on good authority that the bread pudding is to die for. Excellent service and decor; no mistaking you're in a BBQ place.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've used Famous Dave's in So California and Denver. Love their BBQ and specials so were looking forward to the opening of Casper in mid December 2012.
Circumstances prevented us from getting there till just after 9pm on 31st December. New Year's Eve and we were pointedly told on arrival that the doors would close at 10pm.

Well, guess that's life and a shame we were not told that when we phoned to try to make a reservation for 9.30 - instead we were told they do not do reservations.
OK we were shown to a table by a pleasant hostess but when we expressed a preference for a different table (due to her choice being close to some noisy children) it was to be told "we don't have a server for that area".

No problem we sat where directed.
Our server was perfectly pleasant in taking our order. It was a little off-putting when she pointed out "the feast" menu item as <warm and ready to just heat up so would be pretty quick>
Needless to say that went unordered by our group.
Drinks were served quickly and efficiently and the starter of nachos was there almost immediately.
And the main courses, all different, were there before we had finished eating the nachos.
No huge problem but hey.

Two of our party were little more than half way through their entree when our server placed the bill on the table. A few minutes later she reappeared to collect it.
It was then one of our party told her quite firmly that she seemed to be pressuring us to eat and leave.
Although she assured us this was not the case the restaurant was very much in the winding down state and very clearly the staff wanted to leave. Who knows they probably had places to go but the whole episode left an unpleasant taste.

When you go to a restaurant, eat and feel under pressure to leave all well within the hour this is not dining. It's fast food and you might as well go to Wendy's and save a load of $$.

There are plenty other places to eat in Casper and Famous Dave needs to ensure that his new staff either work happily and willingly or not at all - they're in the hospitality business after all and that involves working anti-social hours.

Disappointing and we will likely not return for a few months until they have smoothed out the wrinkles. That will be my recommendation to my friends who want to try it.

1  Thank David82605
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We pre- ordered the family feast to go. It was beautifully packaged and ready to pick up when we arrived with utensils,sauce etc. the place smelled sooo great and the staff was delightful. The food was delicious, and it was more than enough for two adults and 4 kids.

1  Thank Mokrina
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a new restaurant for Casper that opened shortly before Christmas. Consequently, it is packed as everyone in town tries it, but we went early for lunch on a Saturday and slipped right in. When trying a new restaurant I tend to order everything in sight so that I can try as many dishes as possible. Besides I'm off my diet til the new year. So I had the ribs, corn muffin, coleslaw and drunkin' apples + bread pudding for dessert. Also tried my friend's french fries and brisket. (Hey, I did take a lot of it home!) Every single thing was delicious; I was very impressed. Service was prompt, helpful and friendly. My tab with the 1/2 slab (6) ribs, two sides, soft drink and dessert came to $27.50. There are lunch specials that can get you in and out somewhat cheaper. And a few healthy options for people with a lot of discipline. I imagine this is going to be a very popular place. This is a chain/franchise restaurant and their website is www.famousdaves.com.

1  Thank wyowy