“Good clean Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Loveland, Colorado
“Good clean Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This property is a typical Holiday Inn Express, Clean rooms, comfortable beds, free wifi. The desk staff is friendly and I rarely have to wait to check in. The location is on the "growth" side of Casper where all the new restaurants and shopping are being built. The mall and Wal-Mart are aslo very close. All in all a good, convenient stay in Casper, WY.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2013

First time we've stayed in this motel which is fairly new. They gave us a top floor handicapped access room. It was a huge room, one of the largest motel rooms I've ever had. It had a shower plus a jacuzzi. The furnishing, linens, and carpeting seemed new. The breakfast bar was great with lots of options and plenty of tables. Nice little pool too. Overall this is one of the nicest places I've stayed in a long time. It has an always on option on the a/c fan which I really like. I'll definitely stay there next time I stop in Casper. Another plus is that it's very close to some of the best restaurants in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A business road trip took me through Casper where I decided to stop for the night. After finding my regular hotel full, I drove across the parking lot to the next closest hotel. The Holiday Inn Express. The front desk advised that they had one room left. That should have been a clue.

It was 100 degrees and I was on a motorcycle. I took the room.

This is your basic modern HIE. Cheaply built which results in very visible and sometimes important things broken. Corners are chipped, stairwells already dirty and dingy, dirty hallway walls and that type of thing.

I'll admit to not liking a lot of fanfare when I check into a hotel on the road but this was cut rate at it's finest. The cookie dispenser in the lobby was dirty and nearly empty except for one undercooked peanut butter cookie. Okay, okay, I know I don't need more cookies but hey, if they're there. Or not.....

The front desk kind of ho hum about their jobs and not much enthusiasm. I was on a motorcycle and asked if it was possible to park close to the door and was told no, you have to choose a spot wherever it is available. Okay,....I scored an empty spot near the side door under a light closest to my room...perfect. Unloaded my bike, locked the steering, put the cover on and headed to the door and waited behind four people trying to get in. Each trying unsuccessfully to use their room key to enter. We all eventually realized that the side entrance key reader did not work so when trying to use the most convenient entrance, I, and four other people were out of luck and had to walk around the front with our luggage after parking near the the door.

Got to the room to find your average cheaply built HIE room. The fridge was a nice touch but had the typical one leg shorter than the other on a hard wood base so when you tired to open the door it sides out of the space and vice versa when you close it. No biggie except if vibrates when running sometimes.

Went to the bathroom and flipped up the toilette seat to find urine stains around the seat and hairs on the rim and top of the seat.. Ick. I made a trip to the grocery store for a few items and picked up a bottle of Curel germ killer and some Lysol to clean the toilet.

All in all, it's your basic individually owned franchised hotel accommodation but it's certainly no corporately owned property like the one next door. Next time, I'll probably opt to head down the road if my regular brand is full. In another year, this place is going to look like the motels next door if they don't handle some of these kinds of issues.

If you're on a motorcycle on a 100 degree typically windy Casper day and ready for some cool air, a shower and basic accommodations, it will do. If not, you might spend the same money elsewhere for a bit more value.

.When I got there, I found your very basic room

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Balsamic M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear tabascogs,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected and that there were several factors that impacted your visit. I sincerely apologize if you didn't find our hotel to your liking and deeply regret the dissatisfaction caused by your room condition

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The good - Very quiet. Though it is just a block away from I-25 and was full the hotel was very quiet. It is kind of tucked back away from the main streets but easy to find. Very clean (except for a Skittle found on the floor near the bed wall), attractive, nice rooms, bedding and matress were okay, apparently it was recently remodeled and it shows. The check in & out was fairly quick. The breakfast bar was adequate, could have used a little more variety of fresh fruit, but kept stocked during the time it was opened (6:30 - 9:30 am). (FYI, the water in Casper is hard and the shower/bath water has been soften so you use very little soap to get lots of lather.) It is located near two grocery stores, a Walmart, a K-mart, a shopping mall with a Target, several dining venues from fast food to nice sit -down restaurants.
The bad - Apparently communication at the front desk is a problem. When I arrived a customer was at the front desk complaining she had reserved a handicap accessible room and the room she was given was not. She was frantic because this and the other hotels were booked full because of an big event in town. Later that night I heard a woman who was angry because after she had changed her reservations, and they were confirmed, but she arrived to find her room was given to someone else after she was listed as a "no-show". There were no "Do Not Disturb Signs" in the room so I called front desk to ask the housekeepers not to wake us. The housekeepers woke us every morning. There wasn't an extra roll of TP in the room and the towel rack was short a face cloth so I had to make a trip to the front desk to get them (no big deal). Also when I arrived there was only one person on the front desk who had to answer the phone a couple of times while dealing with me. I always consider this a rude way to treat a customer. The morning of check-out, one of my little travel companions was sick to his stomach. I went down to the front desk to see if they had any Pepto-bismul. The gal behind the counter, smiled sweetly, but apparently didn't speak English very well and didn't know what Pepto-bismul was.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on 4 different occasions during November and December of last year. The longest of which was just over a week and the shortest of just one night, but a total of nearly 3 weeks during those two months.

The rooms are great, not to cluttered. The beds were comfortable, clean and well kept. The staff including the manager (Renee) were some of the best I've ever experienced in my travels. They serve a pretty diverse breakfast from bagels to omelettes, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, yogurt and fresh Belgian waffles, and cereal...a lot better food than I generally eat at home. Their laundry facility was great too. Clean equipment, and the machines would even display how many minutes it was going to take for the load to be done!

The manager was extremely helpful to my brother in-law who is in a wheel chair. Helping him with getting his breakfast several times.

I really like the decor. Especially their lamps, and the iPhone compatible alarm clocks in every room. Parking was never a problem even when they were pretty full.

They have a great location. Very close to at least one major shopping center, Sams Club, and tons of fast food and regular restaurants are within just a few blocks of the hotel.

All in all, a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The manager, Renee and her entire staff always inquired if everything was satisfactory. We are here for 4 nights for business and enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and the wonderful morning breakfast. Couldnt ask for anything better!

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside have a beautiful view of the mountains!