“Remodel is almost done”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Tallahassee, Florida
“Remodel is almost done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived at the hotel without knowing it was undergoing a remodel. The first floor area was still being remodeled which meant the pool was closed, there was no business center, and the breakfast area was limited to two folding tables in the lobby. They also did not have cookies. However, this only minimally impacted our stay, and once the remodel is completed, I would stay at this hotel again.

The room was obviously freshly updated; the beds were comfortable, the space was clean and looked really nice. The a/c worked properly. There was a mini-frig. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of counter space. We had a 2Q room and were on the 4th floor.

We used the laundry room which was on the 3rd floor. $1 to wash, $1 to dry (45 minutes).

The hotel is located near the interstate, and there are several restaurants and gas stations within easy distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nzmommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Billings, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This property is so easy to access from the highway - well marked, good visibility, easy parking. The remodeling that is being done (almost finished), provided us with a very classy room where we got the best sleep we've had in weeks. The mattresses and pillows were really comforting. The new color scheme is so beautiful! We felt like we were really pampered!
The breakfast lady, Linda, was really friendly and helpful....shared with us that the parade was taking place downtown in an hour, and that we should take our grandchildren. We followed her advice and had a wonderful time!! Casper people are so friendly, and the staff at the hotel proved that again and again as they passed us in the halls and in the lobby. We heard others having breakfast saying the same thing we were saying, "this place has the very best breakfast of any place we've ever been!!". The General Manager was milling around visiting with folks which is a rare thing in most hotels. We appreciated that she cared if we had a good stay. We only wish that we could have stayed longer! So, we're going to plan another stop there in the near future. Can't wait to see the finishing touches on the great remodel!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor with a spectacular view of the mountains!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Breakfast was poor compared to other hotel chains of similar cost. Room as expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PandaCam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear PandaCam,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that the breakfast served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving what we offer. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Llantilio Pertholey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

The lady on reception was very nice and courteous, very helpful. However the rooms do look tired, it is being remodelled and this may help. The breakfast was nothing special, and I am afraid the location leaves a lot to be desired. Try the other holiday inn, it is in a nicer part of town.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear arisaig,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your stay. I am glad to know that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. I would like to apologize if you did not find the ambiance of our hotel to your liking. We are in the process of modernizing our facility to serve our guests better and this is expected to be completed by August 20th, 2012.

We hope to have the chance of hosting you again and I hope when you will return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Anytown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have honestly never written a review before but felt if it would save someone else the headache I've experienced I needed to. After two days of dealing with abhorrent customer service at the hotel I finally contacted the company that owns the hotel (they were great) and received some attention. Terrible terrible terrible! I will sleep in my car next time and save the $150 and headache before I have to deal with that type of customer service again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MadMomAnytown
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
MadMomAnytown,

Ben J
IHG Care
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is quite possible worst Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. First, the staff there is about as lively and friendly as a convenient store clerk on the midnight shift. The first room they put me in was DIRTY. There was hair in the sink, and fingernail clippings on the floor. I went down to the front desk to tell them, and they really didn't care. I finally demanded to be put in another room. I was staying there 2 nights, and the next afternoon, I was in my room with the Do Not Disturb sign hanging on the door, and the housekeeping person just walked right in, didn't even knock. They ran back out of the room when they saw me there. What was that about?!?!? I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leslie H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
LeslieH123,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Ben J
IHG Care
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel has it all. The lobby is gorgeous. The rooms are spacious. Great place to spend an evening. Laundry facilities reasonably priced. In room coffee pot. Only thing missing is refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed January 2012