“Long wait, cold food.”

On the Border
Ranked #89 of 174 Restaurants in Casper
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Waited one hour to get served cold food. The waitress was very nice but she disappeared after we ordered. We finally asked a bus boy for some water after 20 minutes. Another waitress brought us water about 5 minutes later. When our waitress finally came back, an hour later, she served us our cold portions. My order was wrong and cold. I have NEVER sent my plate back before but I couldn't eat it cold! After it was heated it was very good. Even though they compted the meal it was an unpleasant experience.

There are newer reviews for On the Border

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch and opted to share a couple of appetizers. The menu offered several options for food and also for margaritas. Our server was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The food was fresh and flavorful.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was in Casper for state wrestling. The service was great...our server was super nice and didn't mind the mess my two year old left. The quest is always good and the fajitas were Great. They have 99€ tacos right now but we didn't get them.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went to OTB and tried the Tomotillo Chichen. I really had a good time. The place was very clean and the staff friendly. I will be back.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

So I used to eat at on the border a lot. No more. The servers just don't care, and are very unfriendly.

Don't try to order to go. I called last week, and was transferred to "yeah" man. This was the most frustrating anger inducing experience I have ever had .
Me: hello, I would like to order some food to go,
Him: yeah... (Sigh)
Me: so would you like my order or do I need to speak to someone else?
Him: ....
Me: hello?
Him: yeah...
Me : do I place my order with you?
Him: ...... (Almost in audible ) whatever
Me: may I speak to your manager please?
Him: *click*

So, yes the food is ok, but the service stinks, and forget trying to talk to someone who cares.