“Enjoyable Weekend”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Cape Girardeau
“Enjoyable Weekend”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Several family members booked rooms at Super 8 Casper West due to a family reunion being held at nearby Casper Mountain. Upon arrival our rooms were booked in a block so we would be near each other. Staff was great, breakfast was awesome, rooms very clean. The building design was a bit peculiar and confusing at first. Lost my 84 yr old mother but found her on another floor. Other than that, great place for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Debbie3240, Manager at Super 8 Casper West, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear William:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Servey regarding your recent stay .
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We hope to be of service to you in the furture.

Debbie Fox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Lyons, Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a hard time finding the motel. There was some construction and it was late at night. We called the motel and were directed there by the night check in person. The room was nice and clean. The continental breakfast was one of the best we found on our trip.

Room Tip: book ahead if you can the rooms are quranteed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay.
Our construction season is allmost over until next year.
We hope to be of service to you in the future.

DebbieFox
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

It's older but not so bad. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was fine. The breakfast Buffett is what you would expect from a Super 8. Could use some love but really, for the price it's fine. I always think its funny when people go to Super 8's expecting something awsome. It's a Super 8. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

• Stayed July 2012
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I relied on reviews from this site to choose this hotel on our way back from Yellowstone. I wish I had not. The room we got smelled musty and stale--as though they had washed the carpets and not dried them properly. We suspected that a previous occupants had pets, which required the room to be cleaned. Even opening the window did not help.
I am not against people bringing their pets to hotels, but I was a little disconcerted when one of the lodgers brought his dog into the eating area and stayed there. I even saw him going back later in the morning.
The pictures online are deceiving, showing the nice check in and breakfast area. The room I got was not as nice--dark and old looking. I consoled myself with the fact that I was paying much less than I would have at the nicer hotel up the street, but there were times when I wondered if it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Debbie3240, General Manager at Super 8 Casper West, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to apologize for your most recent stay. We are a pet-friendly hotel and therefore we may need to do a better job and take steps to regulate this amenity more closely. We will definitely retrain our team on not allowing other guests to bring their pets into the breakfast area. This is obviously a no-no and we will watch this more closely.

In reference to the rooms themselves, since your stay we have replaced guest room carpet and all guest room furniture. We've also replaced lobby carpet and hallway carpet. We take great pride in providing an outstanding product and service for each of our guests.

We do thank you for your comments, they absolutely make us better.

Debbie Fox
Rantoul, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with how clean this Super 8 was. Yes, the decor is a little out-dated but at least it was clean. The room I had -- the bed was actually comfortable, the A/C was new. The breakfast area was new.

The desk staff informed me that they would be replacing all the carpets this summer. So, at least the owners care enough to keep updating the place. Some Super8s look and feel like they haven't been cleaned in a decade.

They had an afternoon snack available for free, as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I wish I would have seen the review below, because I had the same experience. I also stated here because the reviews were...and now it would seem...inflated. The furniture is circa 1960s. It includes a stunning cable box, which must be needed in order for the TV from the 80s to operate now that it's 2012. The bed, however, wasn't sagging; it was a concrete slab. And I won't cuss, but I now call them the "blank blank Super 8 pillows." (My irritable review is due to, in large part, the painful cick in my neck.) And the noise...well, stay on the top floor, because you will be woken up at 1, 2, 3, and 4 am every time the person above you apparently moves on their slab. I am so angry about this, because I always base it on reviews, and I was duped. On a seriously good note, the staff was friendly and nice, and the room exceptionally clean.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason L
Denver, CO
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were in Casper for a work related stay for 2 nights and checked out after the lst night. We stayed here upon reviews and were very disappointed. The Motel has been remodeled but it is still an "Older Super 8". Our bed was terrible, sagged in the middle and the two pillows were worthless.
The noise from adjoining rooms was very audible, TV's coud be heard from both sides of the room along with conversations. We did not sleep all night. The continental breakfast was ok....two kinds of cereal, day old doughnuts, and luke warm canned sausage gravy for cold biscuits....the fruit looked days old.
We booked this room because of reviews from this website.....but honestly we would not recommend this Motel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business