“Should have kept on driving...”

La Quinta Inn Casper
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I used points for this hotel, which was a waste. It wasn't worth the points and definitely would not have been worth the money. Upon arrival, the guy at the front desk was on the phone. He did not look up or in any way acknowledge that I was there. A few minutes later, the manager walked by. She said hello, say I was waiting and the guy was on the phone, but just kept walking when she could have easily taken the two minutes to check me in. After waiting 7 more minutes, I left to go get some dinner. When I returned, the guy was off the phone and showed no sign of recognizing me from being there less than 30 minutes earlier. The room I was assigned smelled terrible when I opened the door. I realized it was stale air due to the fact that the a/c was not on. When I went to turn it on, it did not work. They sent the maintenance man to check it out. He was the one highlight of the visit. He was super friendly and efficient and got the air working. The next morning, when I went to use the hair dryer, it worked for about 30 seconds and then shut off and would not come back on. All in all, if I had my time (and points) back, I would have kept on driving.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SuzanneH448

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had to wait quite awhile to get checked in. The girl was by herself and 4 different people were waiting to get checked in. She was nice, though, in her defense. The room was small and we found candy wrappers and small candy boxes between the bed and wall. Very dusty there, also. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned. The sheets didn't seem to be as clean as other hotels. My legs itched all night. They did have a good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly S
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving we had to wait several minutes because there was only one person working the front desk. The same thing occurred upon checkout. Unfortunately my room had a maintenance problem that was not fixed and there were no other rooms available. Breakfast is really good. Rooms are nice but were not exceptionally clean.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Michelle245248
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed in La Quinta Inn Casper and we were delighted with the clean room, bathroom and comfy beds. We had a long drive that day after arriving in Denver and spending 2 hours in a crowded rental car lobby waiting for a car that was reserved online. By the time we got on the road we were already tired and still had a three and a half hour drive ahead of us. We arrived in Casper around sunset and went to our hotel which we also booked online
after reading the reviews on TA. We had a restful, quiet night and a good hot breakfast before we set out on the next leg of our trip up into Montana. I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling that wants a clean, comfortable room with flat screen tv, wifi, and of course a coffee maker!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel was quiet, bed was comfortable, and room was clean. The room was smaller than most but the bathroom was ridiculously small...only a tub and toilet in the bathroom and from the tub to the wall was less than 4 feet. I think the room was 7X8!! A heavier person could not have turned around in there!! THe shower head hit my husband's chest and he had to lean over to wash his hair. The sink was in the main hotel room with no counter space at all. Breakfast was ok. They had a pancake machine that was out of mix and we waited about a half hour and it still wasn't working.

Room Tip: All rooms were quiet
A La Quinta traveler
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Casper WY during our travels. It was the only hotel available on short notice that would allow a dog so we had to take it. The price was very good but the stay was not memorable. There was no place for the dog to exercise and do its business. It was concrete all around for the most part. It was in a terrible location in a industrial area. There were no decent eateries near by so we had to drive a few mile to another exit to eat.

The room was average at best but met our needs since we were there for only a short time. The linens were ok and the room for the most part was clean. Everything worked as it should. The breakfast was OK but not as good as other hotel chains.

I can't recommend the hotel but if price is important this may be the place for you. If you have a dog I would not recommend the hotel.

My wife and I are somewhat of a hotel snob so please keep that in mind while reading the review.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family