“Botched reservation, rude staff, inadequate parking”

La Quinta Inn Casper
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Long Beach, Washington
“Botched reservation, rude staff, inadequate parking”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

A big disappointment after a 700 mile drive. I had made reservations a month earlier and specified a handicap-accessible room or a room on the ground floor near an exit door. The room I was given was in the middle of the building, a long walk from either the front or side entrances. In addition, the way-too-small parking lot was packed with cars. I had to park in the lot of a closed restaurant next door and walk a very long distance with luggage, a large dog, and a bad knee.

The room itself was small and not well maintained. It was clean enough, but not typical of the La Quinta chain. I didn't stick around for breakfast -- I couldn't wait to get out of there. Both the evening staff person at check-in, and the morning staffer who gave me my receipt without a "thank you" or "was everything all right" looked like they didn't enjoy their jobs and couldn't be bothered with basic customer service. I won't be staying there again -- there are plenty of other choices where I feel welcome and appreciated as a customer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kemmerer
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I would compare this hotel to the higher priced ones I have stayed in. The beds are extremely comfortable, the pillows are great, the rooms are refreshing. I would reccommend staying here to all who asked. Breakfast in the morning have a large variety of options, everything was fresh. I would have liked to stay here longer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Calgary
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We have stayed here twice. Everything is satisfactory. The front office people are efficient but not terribly friendly. The rooms are very standard, and the complimentary breakfast is quite good, including hard-boiled eggs which you don't find everywhere, but lacking the waffle iron which has sort of become standard.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ferintosh, Alberta
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were greeted by friendly desk staff who called after a few minutes to see if everything in the room was OK. Our internet cable was missing but they had no problem giving us a replacement. Good cookies in the lobby. The breakfast room was 'closed' in the evening but we were told we could go in and get hot water to make tea. The breakfast was well stocked and had a good variety. We had expected it to be noisy because of proximity to the freeway and the trains but we had no noise at all.The parking is all out front so you should try for a room on the back. Shortly after we got home La Quinta emailed us a survey so they appear to be striving to be a good hotel. I thought it was good value and a convenient location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I had the pleasure of working in Casper for nine weeks. During my time here I stayed at the La Quinta inn. The service I received was top notch from Vanessa at the counter to Rusty and Theresa the managers.
If you have to stay in Casper stay here.

• Stayed November 2011
Roosevelt, Utah
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Clean, nice rooms. Would stay here again. Breakfast was good and had a good variety of food. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business