“Classic gem by the river!”

Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Lander, Wyoming
“Classic gem by the river!”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I just spent four nights at this Ramada and had a wonderful time. Other reviews commented that it was old, but I found it to be a classic. I never tired of walking down the hallway to my room and looking at the glistening polished marble (or granite?) along the edges of the floors and lower walls; and that lovely window at the end of the hall (facing the south) with the flowers and beautiful curtains... yes I really did notice and appreciate it. Just looked and felt like simple elegance to me.

I'd just driven 150 miles to get to Casper, so when I got to the front desk, I was kind of tired and my brain fried so I didn't speak up to ask for a specific kind of room... and so had to ask the friendly, patient lady (Randi) if she could change the room she had just chosen for me. She had taken care of me so quickly that I didn't have a chance to realize that I REALLY wanted a specific kind of room... but then I requested and was able to get a 2nd floor room facing the North Platte River walk... and she was so nice about changing it for me. Oh, how special that was for me, and I really appreciated how helpful all the front desk people and managers were! And Dustin, the waiter at the restaurant, was a really special person... I so enjoyed talking with him!

As for the room itself, I usually like hard beds... and at first I didn't think (from just touching them) that they were firm enough for me... but turns out that they were very, very comfortable. Again, I just can't say enough how grateful I was to be able to get that room overlooking the river... as I could watch the water from bed til I fell asleep. And it was a quiet building... I didn't even hear the music from the band in another part of the hotel.

I also really appreciated the two computers in the lobby that guests could use. And, IF YOU ARE a Wyndham Rewards member (I'd REALLY encourage people to sign up, it benefits both sides), there was a complimentary breakfast (2 eggs, toast, hashbrowns, and 2 strips bacon or sausage; and coffee or tea) that you can get in the restaurant in the center of the hotel, with trees and interior pool... check out the website for photos. I've learned to depend on these motel 'memberships' with special benefits... they want your business, and you benefit too! I look forward to staying there again.

Yes, go check their website to see all that is provided there... it is a really great deal!

I know you're going to read this Ramada people... and I just want to stay thank you again! Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I've read reviews about this hotel, and I can't complain that it is "outdated", because if it wasn't, it would be a heck of a lot more expensive! It's not often that you pay so little for a night at a hotel with a lounge, restaurant, room service, etc. The room was quite clean, the staff friendly, and the bed comfortable. The only complaint I really have is the very faint smell of smoke when I first walked into my room....well that and having to stay in Casper in the first place :). I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lehi
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The hotel was old and worn. The sheets were tearing and the room was in a general state of disrepair. The room wreaked of stale cigarette smoke even though it was listed as non-smoking. The pool area was ok, but the water was freezing! We were told that management doesn't want to spend the money to heat the water. The entire property needs to be cleaned and updated. It seems that management is aware of how things are because there are signs of some updating, but they are minimal. Unless this hotel was remodeled and cleaned, I would not stay there again. This hotel put a damper on what had been a great vacation. However, the staff members were nice and helpful. They were the only bright point to the stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
ldsanborn, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Casper Ramada Plaza. I apologize your stay was anything less than satisfactory. In an effort to "go green" and meet "energy efficient guidelines" we as a hotel have chosen to follow the recommended temperature controls for pools and spas. Our indoor pool is heated to 79 degrees during the day time. Our indoor spa is maintained between 102 and 104 degrees. The Ramada Plaza also practices a recycling program along with other energy efficient practices that are in line with what many other Casper Hotels and businesses are doing.

The Ramada Plaza has also updated our bedding program to a triple sheet, 250 thread count linen program that is compliant with Wyndham standards. We would love to hear from you and find out what room you were in so we can research the situation with your bedding and the smell of stale smoke further. It is our goal to offer our guest the most comfortable stay possible. Your feedback will assist us in meeting this goal.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you when visiting Casper, Wyoming in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@casper-ramada.com or by calling 307-235-2531.

Lisa Sanborn

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The odd interior and exterior decor made me feel like I was checking in to a mental hospital with its outdated decor, flourescent lit halls and green metal doors. The room itself smallish and the beds were comfortable. The staff seemed friendly and even brought our kids some extra crackers when bringing the rollaway, but the housekeeping seemed a little overeager, knocking at our door bright and early at 8:30.

The 5:30 to 9:30 breakfast buffet was a joke. We arrived at 9:00 and had to wait to be seated, which is an oddly formal practice to what turned out to be a terribly cheap breakfast. Almost everything that was once there (which wasn't much) had been picked over and eaten. The fruit and pastries were all gone and the staff would not (or could not) refill them. All that was left was a few tough pancakes, some cold biscuits, coagulated gravy, some pasty oatmeal and a few tiny boxes of cereal. Opting for cereal and pancakes, I discovered the syrup empty and never to be refilled. There were no cereal bowls, and I had to ask twice to get one. Then we realized there was no spoons. Not wanting to wait another 20 minutes, I ate my cereal with a fork. Now, I don't have high expectations when it comes to these sort of free breakfasts, but this was so disappointing in terms of quality, quantity, and service. We we not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ldsanborn, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. I apologize the breakfast was anything less then acceptable. Please know that this is not typical of the services we offer. We have addressed the problems with the continental breakfast with our restaurant and kitchen staff. We have taken appropriate action, and resolved the issues. We hope you will give us an other opportunity to service you in the future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My entire stay at this hotel was extremely disappointing. It started off when I walked into the first room I was given. There were lights on, towels on the bathroom floor, and soap still in the shower. I called the front desk to make sure they hadn't accidentally given me someone's room. They responded that it should have been cleaned, and sent a front desk person up with keys to a room across the hall. The second room appeared to be clean, so I unpacked a few things and left for dinner with my co-workers. I returned to the air conditioner making a horrble noise, so I turned it off. I showered and got ready for bed, and proceeded to climb into bed. I looked up at the ceiling and noticed extensive water damage and thought to myself, "Is water leaking from there?!" Not two seconds after thinking this, water did indeed start leaking onto the bed. I called the front desk again and told them the situation. They send a maintenance person up with a key to a new, upgraded room down the hall. The maintenance man said it was unsual for the ceiling to be leaking when it wasn't raining outside...what?! So, I grabbed my quickly packed bags and trudged down the hall in my pajamas. I got to the designated room and guess what?! The one and only key did not work! I then had to walk across the hotel and down to the front desk, carrying all of my bags and dressed in my pajamas. I walked up to the front desk, and apologized in advance for the language that was about to come out of my mouth. I said a few choice curse words and told the front desk woman that this was absolutely unacceptable! I demanded a clean, dry room with a working key, and said I would not be paying for it. The front desk woman of course apologized and said they would upgrade me to a suite - I said I didn't care what type of room it was as long as it was decent and I could get some sleep (it was now about 9:30pm). She seemed a bit exasperated as she told me to follow her to my fourth room of the night. She entered the room before me and inspected it, and thank goodness it was okay. I was able to get some sleep that night. This fiasco with the sub-par rooms is my major complaint, however, the continental breakfast was horribly disappointing as well. There were a few biscuits, some not-so-appetizing oatmeal, yogurt, juice, little boxes of cereal, and an extremely picked-over fruit tray. Everyone at my table waited about 30 minutes before we received coffee. Why even offer a continental breakfast if this is the quality?! The one good thing I can say is that they did indeed comp my room, and did not give me a hard time about that issue. I will NOT be staying here in the future, and I will inform my corporate travel coordinator never to book anyone from my company here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time time to let us know about the problems you encountered with your stay. I personally apologize for the problems you encountered and personally apologize that your stay was anything less then satisfactory. We have addressed your areas of concern with our associates and management team.
Green River, Wyoming
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is a great place to stay not sure why there are a few bad reviews but my stay was awesome. Clean, great service and they have all you need right there, oh and great great price too. Thanks Ramada Plaza Riverside I well stay with you again for sure and tell friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Cody
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I have stayed here on many occassions this summer in 2010. The rooms are clean, the amenities nice, and good beds!! Has indoor pool and hottub. If I could change anything it would be the ceiling panels and TV''s which are not flat screen. The rooms have been consistently clean, good mattresses and bedding, and great shampoo and soap. The lounge is nice if you want a drink at the end of the evening. The breakfast is in the resturaunt. You can opt for the free or menu. The free is a little sparse with the main staples of cereal and milk, fruit, muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, and biscuits and gravy. Free flowing coffee. They do take pets and have a great walking path by the river. I have enjoyed each stay and have been a repeat. Its a large complex. I have to say it is a hidden surprise!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business