Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The odd interior and exterior decor made me feel like I was checking in to a mental hospital with its outdated decor, flourescent lit halls and green metal doors. The room itself smallish and the beds were comfortable. The staff seemed friendly and even brought our kids some extra crackers when bringing the rollaway, but the housekeeping seemed a little overeager, knocking at our door bright and early at 8:30.

The 5:30 to 9:30 breakfast buffet was a joke. We arrived at 9:00 and had to wait to be seated, which is an oddly formal practice to what turned out to be a terribly cheap breakfast. Almost everything that was once there (which wasn't much) had been picked over and eaten. The fruit and pastries were all gone and the staff would not (or could not) refill them. All that was left was a few tough pancakes, some cold biscuits, coagulated gravy, some pasty oatmeal and a few tiny boxes of cereal. Opting for cereal and pancakes, I discovered the syrup empty and never to be refilled. There were no cereal bowls, and I had to ask twice to get one. Then we realized there was no spoons. Not wanting to wait another 20 minutes, I ate my cereal with a fork. Now, I don't have high expectations when it comes to these sort of free breakfasts, but this was so disappointing in terms of quality, quantity, and service. We we not be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
ldsanborn, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. I apologize the breakfast was anything less then acceptable. Please know that this is not typical of the services we offer. We have addressed the problems with the continental breakfast with our restaurant and kitchen staff. We have taken appropriate action, and resolved the issues. We hope you will give us an other opportunity to service you in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

My entire stay at this hotel was extremely disappointing. It started off when I walked into the first room I was given. There were lights on, towels on the bathroom floor, and soap still in the shower. I called the front desk to make sure they hadn't accidentally given me someone's room. They responded that it should have been cleaned, and sent a front desk person up with keys to a room across the hall. The second room appeared to be clean, so I unpacked a few things and left for dinner with my co-workers. I returned to the air conditioner making a horrble noise, so I turned it off. I showered and got ready for bed, and proceeded to climb into bed. I looked up at the ceiling and noticed extensive water damage and thought to myself, "Is water leaking from there?!" Not two seconds after thinking this, water did indeed start leaking onto the bed. I called the front desk again and told them the situation. They send a maintenance person up with a key to a new, upgraded room down the hall. The maintenance man said it was unsual for the ceiling to be leaking when it wasn't raining outside...what?! So, I grabbed my quickly packed bags and trudged down the hall in my pajamas. I got to the designated room and guess what?! The one and only key did not work! I then had to walk across the hotel and down to the front desk, carrying all of my bags and dressed in my pajamas. I walked up to the front desk, and apologized in advance for the language that was about to come out of my mouth. I said a few choice curse words and told the front desk woman that this was absolutely unacceptable! I demanded a clean, dry room with a working key, and said I would not be paying for it. The front desk woman of course apologized and said they would upgrade me to a suite - I said I didn't care what type of room it was as long as it was decent and I could get some sleep (it was now about 9:30pm). She seemed a bit exasperated as she told me to follow her to my fourth room of the night. She entered the room before me and inspected it, and thank goodness it was okay. I was able to get some sleep that night. This fiasco with the sub-par rooms is my major complaint, however, the continental breakfast was horribly disappointing as well. There were a few biscuits, some not-so-appetizing oatmeal, yogurt, juice, little boxes of cereal, and an extremely picked-over fruit tray. Everyone at my table waited about 30 minutes before we received coffee. Why even offer a continental breakfast if this is the quality?! The one good thing I can say is that they did indeed comp my room, and did not give me a hard time about that issue. I will NOT be staying here in the future, and I will inform my corporate travel coordinator never to book anyone from my company here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time time to let us know about the problems you encountered with your stay. I personally apologize for the problems you encountered and personally apologize that your stay was anything less then satisfactory. We have addressed your areas of concern with our associates and management team.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is a great place to stay not sure why there are a few bad reviews but my stay was awesome. Clean, great service and they have all you need right there, oh and great great price too. Thanks Ramada Plaza Riverside I well stay with you again for sure and tell friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I have stayed here on many occassions this summer in 2010. The rooms are clean, the amenities nice, and good beds!! Has indoor pool and hottub. If I could change anything it would be the ceiling panels and TV''s which are not flat screen. The rooms have been consistently clean, good mattresses and bedding, and great shampoo and soap. The lounge is nice if you want a drink at the end of the evening. The breakfast is in the resturaunt. You can opt for the free or menu. The free is a little sparse with the main staples of cereal and milk, fruit, muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, and biscuits and gravy. Free flowing coffee. They do take pets and have a great walking path by the river. I have enjoyed each stay and have been a repeat. Its a large complex. I have to say it is a hidden surprise!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Though the hotel is dated, the room was fine (though a bit musty, but I have a sensitive nose). The beds were comfortable. The pool area was beautiful and the hot tub was HOT. Exercise room was fine, too. The cont'l breakfast was very nice, too! A great deal via hotels.com.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My overall experience at this hotel could be described as very "unsatisfactory." I checked in to the hotel with my bags in hand, a mistake on my part, as I was then directed to exit the hotel and drive to the rear of the building and use an entrance there. This was not a big deal, I just had not realized the size of the hotel. The staff upon check in acted as if I were interrupting something by checking in and were plainly unfriendly. I was assigned room 126, the first door inside rear entrance #2. I entered the room and turned around to lock the door, only to discover that the deadbolt was non-functioning, as in there was no piece on the door, just the one attached to the wall; there was not even a place on the door where the missing piece "had been." I called the front desk and asked to be moved to a different room, (as a single female staying for 3 nights I did not feel safe); the staff was again rude, made me explain "what I was talking about" to them twice before sighing and telling me to come back to the front desk to get another key. Stupidly on my part, I trudged my luggage through the hotel to the front desk instead of getting back in my car and driving around; one woman at the front began helping me, when the other walked up and sighed and said "I have it right here, just put her in 130." So, I got to walk all the way back to where I started, as I was now on the other side of the #2 entrance. One might hope that a hotel could bring the key to you when they know that your room was less that adequate and that you were at the far end of the place, presumably with your luggage in tow. This room was "okay" until when I went to use the shower and discovered the drain covered by a wad of hair that was definitely not mine. The location of the room made me feel like I was staying at a lesser "motel" with all the noise and foot traffic. I can appreciate a busy hotel, but the parking situation on the back side was fairly ridiculous.
I really should have called Hotels.com, rather than try to deal directly with the hotel. I will not be staying here again, ever.
I drove around to the front, parked and took my key to the front desk this morning to check out. The woman on duty at 9:00 am was actually rude. I told her I needed to check out of room 130. She typed something in and said "you're done." I asked for a receipt (I get travel expenses reimbursed and must have one). She told me that there wasn't one. When I gave her a puzzled look and said "I can't get a receipt?" She rudely said "right, you booked online, get one from them, they just send a message saying you're coming." I mentioned that they had taken a credit card for incidentals, so they should be able to print a receipt. She loudly said "I told you that we don't have a receipt for you, you have to get it from whoever you booked with." It was at this point that I made up my mind to write this review, I normally don't review hotels, but this experience was amazingly bad and I would warn others to look around before staying here. I always book my hotel stays online, and I always get a receipt; my job requires regular travel and so this is not new to me. This is the first time I have ever been told that I could not get a receipt (luckily I can get a printout of my hotels.com itinerary). Even if the no receipt policy is real for this particular facility, there is a nice way to communicate and a rude way to communicate; I suggest that Ramada get some Professional Development in Customer Relations for their staff. They have officially lost my business.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
ldsanborn, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the services you received at our hotel. Your review will be used to address the problems you have mentioned, as well as correct and prevent any customer service issues such as yours. We take our guests safety and satisfaction very seriously, and I apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. I have addressed your issues with the Front Desk staff, as their actions were unacceptable. We do hope that you will consider us in the future, as your review will truly help to raise our staff's awareness to these types of issues. Thank you again for your thoughts and comments.

Paula Olson, FDM

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have the need to travel to Casper several times per year both for business and personal travel. Over the past 15 years, I've stayed at almost all of the chain motels/hotels in the area and have zero hesitation in saying that Ramada Plaza Riverside is the best in town at the moment.

The staff is courteous, informed and friendly.

The hotel bar is well stocked and reasonably priced.

The breakfast menu is filled with good food and generous portions. If I have one complaint about this part of the Ramada Plaza, it is the complimentary breakfast that is short on selection and not up to the standard of the menu items.

Overall, this is a very, very good place to stay when in Casper.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business