“Good Value and Clean”

Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I have stayed here on many occassions this summer in 2010. The rooms are clean, the amenities nice, and good beds!! Has indoor pool and hottub. If I could change anything it would be the ceiling panels and TV''s which are not flat screen. The rooms have been consistently clean, good mattresses and bedding, and great shampoo and soap. The lounge is nice if you want a drink at the end of the evening. The breakfast is in the resturaunt. You can opt for the free or menu. The free is a little sparse with the main staples of cereal and milk, fruit, muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, and biscuits and gravy. Free flowing coffee. They do take pets and have a great walking path by the river. I have enjoyed each stay and have been a repeat. Its a large complex. I have to say it is a hidden surprise!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2010

Though the hotel is dated, the room was fine (though a bit musty, but I have a sensitive nose). The beds were comfortable. The pool area was beautiful and the hot tub was HOT. Exercise room was fine, too. The cont'l breakfast was very nice, too! A great deal via hotels.com.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My overall experience at this hotel could be described as very "unsatisfactory." I checked in to the hotel with my bags in hand, a mistake on my part, as I was then directed to exit the hotel and drive to the rear of the building and use an entrance there. This was not a big deal, I just had not realized the size of the hotel. The staff upon check in acted as if I were interrupting something by checking in and were plainly unfriendly. I was assigned room 126, the first door inside rear entrance #2. I entered the room and turned around to lock the door, only to discover that the deadbolt was non-functioning, as in there was no piece on the door, just the one attached to the wall; there was not even a place on the door where the missing piece "had been." I called the front desk and asked to be moved to a different room, (as a single female staying for 3 nights I did not feel safe); the staff was again rude, made me explain "what I was talking about" to them twice before sighing and telling me to come back to the front desk to get another key. Stupidly on my part, I trudged my luggage through the hotel to the front desk instead of getting back in my car and driving around; one woman at the front began helping me, when the other walked up and sighed and said "I have it right here, just put her in 130." So, I got to walk all the way back to where I started, as I was now on the other side of the #2 entrance. One might hope that a hotel could bring the key to you when they know that your room was less that adequate and that you were at the far end of the place, presumably with your luggage in tow. This room was "okay" until when I went to use the shower and discovered the drain covered by a wad of hair that was definitely not mine. The location of the room made me feel like I was staying at a lesser "motel" with all the noise and foot traffic. I can appreciate a busy hotel, but the parking situation on the back side was fairly ridiculous.
I really should have called Hotels.com, rather than try to deal directly with the hotel. I will not be staying here again, ever.
I drove around to the front, parked and took my key to the front desk this morning to check out. The woman on duty at 9:00 am was actually rude. I told her I needed to check out of room 130. She typed something in and said "you're done." I asked for a receipt (I get travel expenses reimbursed and must have one). She told me that there wasn't one. When I gave her a puzzled look and said "I can't get a receipt?" She rudely said "right, you booked online, get one from them, they just send a message saying you're coming." I mentioned that they had taken a credit card for incidentals, so they should be able to print a receipt. She loudly said "I told you that we don't have a receipt for you, you have to get it from whoever you booked with." It was at this point that I made up my mind to write this review, I normally don't review hotels, but this experience was amazingly bad and I would warn others to look around before staying here. I always book my hotel stays online, and I always get a receipt; my job requires regular travel and so this is not new to me. This is the first time I have ever been told that I could not get a receipt (luckily I can get a printout of my hotels.com itinerary). Even if the no receipt policy is real for this particular facility, there is a nice way to communicate and a rude way to communicate; I suggest that Ramada get some Professional Development in Customer Relations for their staff. They have officially lost my business.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
ldsanborn, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the services you received at our hotel. Your review will be used to address the problems you have mentioned, as well as correct and prevent any customer service issues such as yours. We take our guests safety and satisfaction very seriously, and I apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. I have addressed your issues with the Front Desk staff, as their actions were unacceptable. We do hope that you will consider us in the future, as your review will truly help to raise our staff's awareness to these types of issues. Thank you again for your thoughts and comments.

Paula Olson, FDM

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have the need to travel to Casper several times per year both for business and personal travel. Over the past 15 years, I've stayed at almost all of the chain motels/hotels in the area and have zero hesitation in saying that Ramada Plaza Riverside is the best in town at the moment.

The staff is courteous, informed and friendly.

The hotel bar is well stocked and reasonably priced.

The breakfast menu is filled with good food and generous portions. If I have one complaint about this part of the Ramada Plaza, it is the complimentary breakfast that is short on selection and not up to the standard of the menu items.

Overall, this is a very, very good place to stay when in Casper.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

This is the Holiday Inn that you see listed as the riverside holiday inn. It is also the top rated hotel in Casper but I really doubt it. We chose it because it was inexpensive and highly rated. We rolled in late and the desk attendant was very helpful and friendly. But the room was shabby and though listed as non smoking had that musty smell of a well smoked in room. The whole experience did not feel real clean or well kept. It seems Ramada recently took over this property which is what some have reviewed as the Holiday Inn on this site. I would not stay again or recommend to a friend. Try elsewhere till you start seeing strong reviews or they have finished the remodel job.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The Ramada Riverside was the host hotel for the Casper Marathon. I had read the reviews and was a little concerned. Anyone that says a negative thing about this hotel has not stayed there. It was a great price, very clean, and the service was incredible. They have free parking, great food options, and clean updated facilities.
I would also recommend their event services. We had a dinner Saturday night and the food was INCREDIBLE! We ate at the little sports bar downstairs and the food was delicious and obviously freshly prepared. I am trying to think of everything that was great to brag about but EVERYTHING was great. Stay at this hotel!

Reviewed April 18, 2010

very dissapointed in the level of service for a Ramada. The complimentary breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, uncooked sausage, burnt potatoes and prepackaged pastries all served up on Styrofoam plates and plastic silverware. Housekeeping services were very poor to non-existent, the first day they didn't show until 5:30 and they didn't even redo the bed. The next day they didn't even show at all, had to get towels from the front desk and then asked for some in room coffee packets and received decaf, ughh!!!! This Hotel is very poor in my opinion!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
ldsanborn, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience at our hotel. We take our guests comments as a tool to correct any errors on our part. We closed down our restaurant for a short time period to revamp the organization and offer better service to our guests. Your stay was during the time period that we were closed. While our restaurant was closed we offered a complimentary continental breakfast. I apologize it did not meet your needs and would invite you to join us in the future and see that our Riverside Grille does offer a more formal dining experience. We have addressed the housekeeping issues with our staff and thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can improve our practices.

Lisa Sanborn