“OK But Could Be A Lot Better”

Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed here for a night passing through Casper. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly.

However, our room (185) had 2 large stains in the ceiling where water had obviously come through from above at some time. These had been patched up but not painted over. Also, one of the lights did not work, despite getting a new bulb and the TV remote controller did not work properly. Small points but betraying a lack of management attention to detail. The whole property looks tired and is badly in need of refurbishment.

You can probably do a lot better in Casper for the money. We will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2008

This is our first visit to Casper. Our hotel was booked by a member of the conference we were attending. There were 3 rooms booked for us and 2 other panelists. When we arrived at the hotel our suite reservation had been given away. We then requested a nonsmoking room. We were given a smoking room and told that there was nothing else available. On the way to the room a very helpful employee that happened to be in the hall found us a suite, but it was also smoking. With his help we found a nonsmoking regular room in spite of the desk help. Unfortunately, our other members weren't so lucky. They went across the street to a competitor.

The rooms seem fairly nice, although a little down on their luck. Some highway noise, but nothing too disturbing. Hotel restaurant is okay.

If you end up at this hotel be sure to call a day early to verify your reservation and don't expect much help from the front desk.

Don't bring allot of luggage...if you receive a room on the 2nd floor you'll have to drag them. Amazingly, this hotel does not have an elevator!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CasperSales, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2008

We truly appreciate the feedback received from this guest but I must point out some errors in the review that I feel should be shared. I am very much aware of this particular situation and would like to point out that the reservation in question was made by the organizers of this conference and the check in date was for the day before this guest actually arrived. The hotel had already cancelled this reservation the night before and did everything to accomodate this guest when he arrived the day after the reservation date. The accomodations at the other hotel were paid by our facility in order to appease both the group and this client. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, however, due to the business booked at our property over the course of that week we tried to go above and beyond in order to take care of this guest.

Reviewed March 15, 2008

It is ok. Well located. The room was nice. But there are better places in Casper. There are also far worse!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ldsanborn, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2009

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Your comments are very useful to us and we take your feedback very seriously. We strive to offer exceptional customer service to all of our guests. Feedback like this helps us see the areas we need to improve on. Thank you again. I do hope if you are in our area again you will stay with us.

Reviewed January 14, 2008

We had a relaxing evening but the room smelled very bad. They used a very heavy air freshener that did not smell good. The hotel is older and the windows take up one whole wall. The heat came from the ceiling so the floor was 60 degrees (F) and the ceiling was 70 degrees (F). I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2008

The room itself was okay, aside from an item under the bed from the previous occupants and some misplaced ceiling tiles in the bathroom area. My main complaint was the breakfast buffet. I do not recommend the breakfast buffet at all. It is WAY overpriced, and the food was really terrible. There's a JB's within walking distance, as well as other restaurants in the vicinity, though.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2007

From the minute I checked in until I left everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is under renovation and the staff worked very hard to make sure my stay was going well in spite of the construction. Nice changes to the hotel! I will go back...

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomandrenee
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I'm through with it. It is old, dirty with beds that are not comfortable. For a long time the owners had a lock on being one of the only "decent" hotels in town. Not any longer. In fact it just isn't a decent hotel.

Upon check in, I was a couple hours early. The girl at the counter informed me my room was not ready. I asked her when it might be. She just said she couldn't guarantee my room until 3 pm. I asked her if she could check with someone to see when it might be ready, she got a soured look and again told me "it won't be ready until 3." I came back at 3 and was greeted by a little more pleasant woman and got to my room.

They just refit the hotel in the last year, but the hallway carpets were stained and soiled. I'm not that particular, but it grossed me out. I went into my non-smoking room which smelled like smoke just because the room next to it was a smoking room. I noticed a gratuity envelope on the nightstand just about the time I noticed a couple of french fries under the curtain.

This hotel is old, tired and in need of demolition. Generally the staff has been nice (except Ms. "3 pm") and the restaurant/bar is ok. But, I can't see staying here again. There are new hotels opening up in Casper and it's time to kick the bad habit of the Holiday Inn by the River.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business