“Stay and Play”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed January 25, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaCasperGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My little family stayed at the Ramada January 15th - 18th 2013 and needless to say it was an adventure. First, I booked through priceline so was kind of stuck and not able to receive any refunds to due policies. I want everyone to know that I would have given this hotel a 1 rating, but gave it a 2 because of the friendly staff that helped us each time we had a problem because we had A LOT of them. We were checked into our first room and the power in the bathroom area kept going out. I called to report this and was told they were working on the electricity in our area of the hotel from the remodeling and they would get us fixed shortly. Well, it wasn't just the bathroom area but microwave, fridge, and television. We left due to an appointment and came back 3 hours later and still no power. I called again and a maintenance guy got us fixed. Within two minutes the power was out again, and again I called. This time a knock at the door from the maintenance guy accusing us that we had something plugged in that was flipping the breaker. This was irritating because we hadn't even spent more than 20 minutes total in the room at this time. Once again fixed and again two minutes later no power, this time they decided to move us to another room. This is obviously a huge chore when you have two adults and two children that don't carry their own things. Now we are into our second room and this time during the evening our heater stopped working. We were now in the upstairs where the remodeling was happening. Our furnace would only blow HEAT for around two minutes then it would kick off and blow cold air. We woke up to our room being 66 degrees with two kids that were freezing. I went down and found a maintenance man to help and what happened next was horrible. He comes into the room and tells my wife that it's 70 degrees in our room so he thought it was fine. What he didn't know because I wasn't there was that I sat in front of the thermostat for an hour touching buttons to keep the furnace operating. Once he started fixing the problem, he took an air blower to clear the line and blew dust into the entire room. I had to jump up and shut the vent near the ceiling and my little family just watched as the entire room filled with nasty, dirty, disgusting dust that went all over the beds, and not to mention all of our belongings. At this point, I had no sleep because of the cold and not to mention the construction crews started cutting and drilling at 7:44 that morning, I mean who tells construction crews to start working at 07:44 in the morning at a freaking hotel? Anyways, I took myself down to the front desk AGAIN and this time I was told we were being moved again. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and they upgraded us to the king sized suite for the next two nights of our stay. The only problem with that was that originally my children had a bed to sleep in and now they got a pull out couch. It was like just because they were mentioning a "suite" it should have made things all better. All I can say is that I wouldn't stay here again at least until all the remodeling is over and the rooms are up and running. The remodeling noise was a hassle in itself just because it was so stinking early when they started and there was no consideration for those of us staying there that needed to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dustin C

Dear Dustin C,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during our remodeling process and have already discussed the shortfalls with our staff. I am happy to let you know that we are complete with the remodeling in our sleeping rooms and it turned out fantastic, I would love the opportunity to show you and your family the great changes we have made. I hope you give us the chance to show you how great of a hotel we truly are. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was a great stay in fact I was booking another trip in May when the prices jumped while I was looking at it. It went up $6 while I was getting ready to book, and went up $15 from this trip. Next time I may consider another hotel. I've stayed in other hotels in Wy. that weren't quite as expensive and had good service. I'm only sleeping there it's not like I'm moving in. Also wasn't alot of TV stations like HBO or Starz, etc. I can get that at other hotels. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaCasperGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Casper Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Vicki M,

Thank you for your response to your last stay with us. Please contact us directly for any future stays I am sure we can accomodate you for what your previous stay was billed at. Also we do have HBO and I will verify to make sure it is broadcasting correctly in our rooms, we do think that is a nice ammenity to have for our guests. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allyson M

Reviewed December 17, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had to go to Casper to attend my disability hearing. I booked the room online which was very convenient. We arrived on November 25th and since I am disabled, my husband left me in the car while he went to check in. He did and got key cards for a room. We entered and started to unpack, the room was cold so my husband went turn on the heat and it would not work. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone with keycards to another room, which they did. She left and we collected all our stuff and moved to the other room. This room was smaller, had no tub and though we weren't particularly pleased, decided to let it pass as I was very tired from the trip. The next morning the bill was slipped under our door and as I had paid online, we left. Once we arrived home I had to check our bank account. We are on a very tight budget and have to watch what we spend. To my surprise, we had been charged $50.00 more than the room had cost. I called the Ramada and the woman I spoke to told me that it was to cover incidentals such as pay per view, room service, etc. I explained that no one had told me that and she replied that a sign was on the counter at check in. I told hber that my husbvand did not see the sign, it was not on our bill and no one had told him. She said since the sign was up they did not need to tell us. I told her this would overdraft my account and she said she was sorry but it was policy and there was nothing she could do. She said the extra charge would come off in 7 -10 days. This is very poor service. First, the extra charge should verbally be pointed out at check in. Second, the people were very rude. We will never stay at another Ramada. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you stay was not up to our standards and will make sure all items are brought to our staffs attention so we may correct these for all future stays. Thank you for choosing us on your travels to the Casper area and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012