“Cook had a bad morning”

Cuisines: Diner
Casper WY
“Cook had a bad morning”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This has been our favorite breakfast place until this morning; now they're on probation. First of all, though, the service is still great. Our breakfasts, not so much: mine had really over-cooked bacon, "scrambled" eggs that had been poured on the griddle and left until cremated and very dry stuck-together hash browns. My friend had badly under-cooked eggs over medium (raw whites) and chorizo that was blackened. Our server comped us for the runny eggs; we hadn't commented on anything else. This meal was way sub-standard compared to usual - and it took forever to prepare.
This cook has minimal skills; hope he improves.

• Visited May 2013

Casper, Wyoming
“True Family Feel”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been going here since I was 7 years old.
although the food is amazing, thats not what keeps me coming back. it's the service.
same waiters from when I was a kid that still remember that I like my strawberry shake with out whipped cream, even after I moved away for a few years.

comfort food from wall to wall. there is a reason it was voted the best breakfast in the state, and a large part of that is credited to the family's that make it feel like home.

Visited July 2012
Casper
“Overflowing plates!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ate at Sherrie's on Friday and had the Burrito special. It's a meal for two days, WOW! Of course, I had to save part so I could have dessert. Her cakes are the best, especially the carrot cakes and the chocolate cakes. As for service, I didn't want for anything. I love how everyone seems to know every one. Sherrie's mom is always fun to talk with. She knows so many people and has a lifetime of experiences to share, Going back on Thursday for the chicken fried steak. Sherrie's specials are so reasonable, take the whole family or go with friends, but go early, they are busy.

• Visited April 2013
Custer, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great people”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Well, in addition to Sherrie and her Mom---EVERYONE, literally everyone is friendly here.

The food also is super. My son and I have the Patty Melt and the Reuben----and split them. And no split charge.

This clearly is an extraordinary place. And if you want to cut calories---skip the fries and have a green salad.

Not to be missed when you are in Casper--or a local who just likes good Home cooked food.

• Visited February 2013
Casper
“Best Breakfasts!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sherrie's has an amazing breakfast! The staff is really enjoyable and very attentive. She is only open M-F (good for her) so try and go in during the week or you will miss out on a great breakfast!!

Visited November 2012

Been to Sherrie's Place? Share your experiences!