“the service is a joke.”

Cuisines: American
Casper, Wyoming
“the service is a joke.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went to Village Inn on monday afternoon with my husband and kids. We were sat and waited 4-5 minutes for our server. We could hear her in the kitchen yelling at someone to "take those peoples drink orders" Another lady came out and took our drink orders. She did not bring the drinks out. We waited another 4-5 minutes for 2 coffees and a kids orange juice.Our server K------, dropped them off (the kids orange juice had a togo coffee lid on it and she told me that they ran out of regular lids and to be careful because it would pop off. keep in mind that the orange juice is for a two year old.). and asked if we needed more time and i said we did. She went to take another tables and went to the kitchen, where we heard her taking about her personal life while we waited for her to return to take our orders. Finally she came out and took our orders. We ordered our entrees and our daughter a kids meal. she went and took the order to the computer and went back to the kitchen. While waiting for our meals we witnessed another couple who had her as a server try to get her attention for 4-5 minutes while she was at the front counter on her phone texting, finally the gentleman had to walk back the the kitchen and ask for his food togo because he has to leave. You couldd tell the couple was irratated. She came and checked on us and said that our food would be out in 1 minute. 7 miinutes later she come out with the food. She didnt know what food went where and was ready to walk away when i told her she FORGOT MY DAUGHTERS FOOD. She went to the back and yelled at the cooks to get the food out and that she "completely forgot to put it in (the order). At this point i was very unhappy. I never saw the server again. the shift supervisor delivered the food to my daughter. All the servers were seated at a table across the restaurant and i needed togo boxes. I literally had to stare them down to get the supervisor over to get boxes. I then went to go pay (again no server). The shift supervisor asked if the food was good and i said "the food was great, the service was s---" I let her know that i am a server at a restaurant. I told her that customers shouldnt have to hear what is going on in the kitchen. I also told her that there is no reason that my childs food should be "forgotten" and to hear her admit that she forgot to put my childs order in. She said she was sorry for my experiance and took off the drinks. The day before, we had gone to the village inn in down town and had superior service, and to come here and have this experiance was unacceptable. I will NEVER return to this location even though it is less than a mile from my home. It is worth the drive for better service.

• Visited February 2014

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Busy but good food.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

There was only one waitress and she was very busy, well the manager on duty was changing out menus instead of helping guests. The manager only got up to seat people or cash them out. Poor waitress was running her legs off. I think the manager could have at least got drinks for customers or checked on guests. Food and waitress were both good.

Visited February 2014
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Ick.....no thank you”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My first clue should have been walking in, and finding some customers, but even though there were two or three employees that looked at us, no one greeted us, or seated us. After a little wait, we were led to a booth. The design of the restaurant is such that customers can hear everything from the kitchen...there was a lot of bickering and chatting. When someone would walk in, there would be a debate over who would wait on them.

My husband ordered crepes ( southwestern) which contained red peppers. The label for the pepper was still on it...when we pointed that out to the clerk, her comment was "awesome"... She went back and announced that they needed to "comp" someone's meal and explained why...no one ever bothered to even say " sorry.". Do NOT waste your time or $$$.

• Visited July 2013
Ballwin, Missouri
“Lip Smackin”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Village in just always seems to have something I feel like eating! And then they do a fine job of preparing and serving it.

Visited November 2012
Casper, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Village Inn”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It's a typical chain restaurant. Just very average. Decent service, decent food. Nothing outstanding.

1 Thank Rebecca J

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!