“Beyond Bad”

Fort Caspar Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Casper
Fort Caspar Campground
United States
“Beyond Bad”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

There are no words to describe how bad this is! It is in an industrial area, it is very loud, right by the water treatment plant. They have a quiet time after 10 pm which is not enforced at 10:30 we were awakened to an extremely loud truck driving around and shining it's brights in our faces! After that between the industrial noise and our exhaustion we were miserable.

It looked to us that anyone who was there lives there so they could care less about the people coming through. There isn't a playground that is just false advertising and there is no privacy in the bathrooms for showering!!!

Fish pond or sludge heap you decide!!! We will never go back and we wished we had gone anywhere else!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mia123456789

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed August 11, 2013

As we drove into the campground area, it was very beautiful but looks are deceiving. The campground is situated next to Fort Caspar Museum. You have to drive into the museum parking area to get to the campground. The staff were very nice and the front area was very beautiful, lots of trees and grassy areas. Behind the office though, it is not as pretty. This is technically a parking lot with hookups. The lots are large but half the lots didn't have a picnic table and there was no grass or anything that distinguished your lot from the next persons lot. No trees in the lots either. It is not aesthetically pleasing at all.

There was however, two ponds for my 10yr old son to fish in for free without a license (which he did but didn't catch anything). We stayed 1 night in this park. The showers were decent. Mostly old colored tile but it was clean. The showers were separate stalls and had clean vinyl curtains at the entrance to each stall. There was also a separate curtain you could close off in a dressing hall. I felt comfortable taking a shower there and I am very picky.

At night however, you could hear the dogs in the office residence barking. There were cats running around everywhere and there are MANY stationary campers. Some look okay but others look very trashy which brought this campgrounds review down to poor. I have stayed in "parking lot" campgrounds before and this is one of the worst ones (due to the stationary campers).

Overall, it was a decent place. Just an FYI, there is a train that passes through several times a day. Free Wi-Fi which was easy to log on to and we got service no matter where we were in the park. We won't stay here again though. This is not in Casper, WY. It is actually in the Town of Mills which is just outside Casper. If you need a place to drop and spend the night, it's an okay place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Elizabeth P

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This place was all right. Only one train (next to campground). If you needed an overnight stay, this is doable; however, Truthfully, we would not return. It needs some TLC and not have uni-bathrooms. The staff was friendly enough. Place was full with what appeared stationary campers.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank luvaduck2013
Kemmerer, Wyoming
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Website advertise a campground with a playground and fishing pond. Upon our arrival there was no playground, fishing pond is polluted (I don't think fish can even live there), the bathrooms have no privacy (no doors on stalls only curtains with huge holes). People with dogs walking through your tent spot and nothing is done about it. Bathrooms are far away from the tent sites, but the portable potty is set next to it for convenience. Unfortunately potty is full and there is no toilet paper or hand sanitizer in it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tenttraveler
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed August 13, 2012

No free wireless internet. Bath house was pretty clean. LOTS of long-term residents living there what appeared to be full time and some of those residents and their "campers" were junky looking. Nice folks run the place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank William W
Moore, Idaho
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I made a reservation 3-4 week in advance of my intended stay at fort casper. I have stayed there several times before and it was ok...nothing to write home about but it was convienent to the location we were visiting. When I made this reservation it was for 4-5 days to honor the birthday of my wife's 90 year old mother. I checked with them several times before showing up and they had my needs on record from previous stays and specifically asked if I wanted the same...39 ft motorhome, towing harley trailer, 50 amp service, puul thru....I said I did for sure. When I arrived they had my reservationn and checked me in....then the manager pointed me to a back in narrow slot that would leave my motor home sticking out in the roadway a bit...not to mentionn no place to park the trailer anyway near that spot. I told him what I had reserved and that I would need a pull thru...his response was this is where I put you 3 wks ago...I can refund your money if you want....I told him the reason for the visit and he had put me in a real bad spot....his only response was to say again I'll refund your money....he made no effort to look over the reservations and see if he could work something out....and we were checking in around noon...so it wasn't busy. I said I had made my reservation on his website form and he said "oh, I don't check those you're lucky you followed up with a call....he was pretty much a jerk. Would not ever recommend this campground and would not stay there again....lucky for me I was early in the day and the local KOA had one space left....they could not have be nicer people to stay with.

Room Tip: If you are an RV'r go right to the KOA @ Barr Nunn right near casper.