“Friendly check in staff, terrible room!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Wild Western Wyoming
“Friendly check in staff, terrible room!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I made my reservation very late, and ended up getting the last room in the place... the handicapped room (ROOM 127, I believe). The lobby was reasonably clean and the agent nice. I was greeted by a strange smell when I entered the room that I couldn't quite place. After about an hour, it became apparent what I was smelling was dog urine. I found what I believed the source- a large stain in the middle of the room. Upon asking the front desk about a possile room change, I was told there wasn't anything else available, so I sucked it up and stayed.
I dreamed of pigs behaving like dogs and sharing my bed. Seriously.
When I awoke in the morning, the smell had become untolerable. I told the front desk clerk of my problem, and she was sympathetic and apologized several times. She let me know she'd have maintenance on it first thing... far too late for my comfort. I hope she did and that the problem is solved, but it certainly did not make my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the handicapped room until the carpet is replaced!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Powell, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

After drive down from Montana and on to Colorado in a.m. was a welcome stop. Good free breakfast included, room clean and quiet. The Check in person friendly and helpful. Have stayed at several with this chain. Got a good deal online.

Room Tip: Room on end like ours will be quiet, but bathroom was small.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Wyoming is a dog-friendly state anyway, but the folks at Quality Inn and Suites were not only dog-friendly, but people-friendly too! After being turned away from the Holiday Inn Express (no pets), we found the Quality Inn and got a room on the first floor near an exit. My daughter and I were traveling with two medium-sized dogs who are well-behaved, and we were happy to find a place that was clean, smelled good, and had areas designated for dogs. The shower was even really good (for the humans)! The gal at the front desk was very nice. There was a small business center location where I could print out my boarding pass. I would highly recommend this hotel to those traveling with pets, and those not traveling with pets. P.S. I never heard another dog, so for those of you not traveling with dogs, don't worry about the potential for noisy pets.

Room Tip: The pet room 143 was where we stayed. It was conveniently located to an exit and a lot where the dog...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We expected a typical hotel in the price category, not bad, just average. This Quality Inn is an award winner and it is clear that the staff wants to be number 1. There was a fire in surrounding mountains and evacuees were staying as well as traveling guests. The Inn was full but the service made us feel like we were the only ones and special. The breakfast was great with a very clean and organized set up. The breakfast started earlier than most at 5 am which was a real plus for my husband who is an early riser. The breakfast attendant was cheerful, friendly and very good at what she does. The desk staff was just as great. Newspaper delivered to the door, great beds, and quiet atmosphere contributed to a really nice stay.....best of our cross country trip. We love the staff attitude the most!! Refreshing!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were passing through and couldn't find a hotel room, and came across the Quality Inn.
The hotel was comfortable and clean. They serve a hot breakfast in the morning, deliver a newspaper to your door, have a flatscreen tv, clean room, comfortable beds and pillows and a friendly helpful staff. The decor and amenities are up to date. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was comfortable and clean. They serve a hot breakfast with waffle iron, eggs and bacon, gluten free cereal, deliver a newspaper to your door, have a flatscreen tv and a friendly helpful staff. The decor and amenities are up to date. Nice lobby with sitting area and dining room. The bathroom is a touch small and the walls are thin. Close the bathroom door unless you want to be seen doing your business by the person in bed. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012
Southold, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay as you drive across Wyoming. My wife and I booked a suit had no complaints, the hotel was clean and fresh, everything worked, the staff was especially friendly and helpful and the food was very good. Just off I-25, it is convenient and well located. The hotel is near a great steakhouse (Poor Boy's) and other eateries. One caveat - if you love Thai food then Casper is not the place to seek it. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple