“Honeymoon Perfection!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Casper
Sunburst Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Casper B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Sunburst Lodge is an amazingly beautiful, break taking, and relaxing place. We were so excited to look out onto the Casper skyline and watch the beautiful sunrise and sunset. The lodge itself is amazing with beautiful décor and comfy places to observe the beauty of Wyoming. We had an excellent, comfy bed and a great breakfast with the family type atmosphere. It was everything we could have asked for and something that we will be doing each year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 14, 2013

During a fishing trip to the North Platte my husband and I stayed at the Sunburst. The B&B was located in a beautiful clearing overlooking downtown Casper. The Sunburst is well maintained and designed. Every room was large and had an outdoor seating area. Be sure to take the elevator to the tower. Our host, Nancy, was very accommodating and prepared an excellent breakfast. Relax with Sage & Jackson while enjoying the views. This B & B is 30 minutes from Casper, but well worth the drive.

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had the good fortune to discover Sunburst Lodge on the Internet and called Nancy Yust to make a reservation for the night of May 21st, 2013. We rented the two adjoining rooms, the Blue Diamond and the Moonshiner. Of the 9 places we stayed during our 11 night trip to our home in Canada, these were by far our favorite accommodations, though not the most expensive. Although our plans were just to pass through Casper, Wyoming on our way to Canada, we decided to stay an extra day, simply because Nancy was such an interesting person to talk to, and because we liked the rooms and the location of the Sunburst Lodge so much. Nancy prepares a scrumptious, plentiful gourmet breakfast. There were eight other guests the first night, but we had the place to ourselves the second night. The mountain air is invigorating, there are interesting walks available, and a terrific massage chair to use upon your return. The Lodge itself and the surroundings are simply gorgeous, with an incredible view of Casper thousands of feet below. We found Nancy to be a wonderful host, and an interesting 'original' person to have lengthy conversations with.

Should we ever pass through Casper again, we would definitely want to stay there!

Lee Carter and Jacquelyn Davis

Room Tip: We looked at all 6 rooms, and each is distinctive and unique. Which you choose depends on your need...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LEECARTER88
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What a great place to stay! Everything, and I mean everything, was perfect. The owner, Nancy, clearly cares about her guests comfort and having all of the modern amenities in a cozy and inviting lodge, and she has thought of everything. The lodge is full of atmosphere: gorgeous Western and Native American décor, books, handmade gnarled wood furnishings, huge fireplaces, decks with wide views of Casper below, classical music or a melodic player piano, even a tower room at the very top for magnificent sunset views. Especially unique is that along with this atmospheric environment, there is maximum comfort: plush beds with individual firmness controls, individual temperature controls in each room, rocking chairs and beautiful furniture you can just sink into, heated floors in the large bathrooms, and large-screen TV's with full cable in each room. There is even a small elevator for the 4 floors, although the place is a big house, with hand-painted murals of the 4 seasons in Wyoming on the elevator doors! I also greatly appreciated the spotless cleanliness everywhere. Nancy's breakfasts are delicious - fluffy blueberry pancakes, crispy and meaty bacon, a gorgeous tray of assorted fruits, yogurts, and more. Nancy also makes it a point to try to remember what each guest's breakfast preferences are, such as tea vs. coffee. This place would also be perfect for a family or friends reunion, as each floor has common sitting areas. We live far from Casper but will travel back there just to stay in this mountain Shangri-La. Thank you, Nancy, for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a great place to have a relaxing time, great breakfasts, owner is great to deal with. This is the greatest time we have had in a very long time. His lodge has absolutely everything you could ever want in a relaxing time.

Room Tip: Go for the king room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We called to get a room for a night Nacy had a extremely rude tone of voice to start off with. I asked if she had a room available for the night because everything in casper was booked due to sports. My husband and I obviously knew it wad located on the mountain because we had looked it up, we were out of town for a special weekend together as it was, and from the pictures it looks beautiful and we knew it probably wasnt going to be cheap. Which is fine. She replied in a rude tone, "you are aware that its 20 minutes out of casper dont you!" And i said yes I am aware. She replied well its $165 a night and if thats ok I guess I could continue to tell you about it. For one I wouldnt be calling if I wasnt prepared to pay 40 dollars more then we usually pay when we stay in casper. Two, thats no way to speak to a potential customer, which might I add is pregnant and 3 hours away from home. Three, who is going to want to stay ANYWHERE when you answer the phone like it's your worst enemy on the other line. So I said ok one second, so I could speak to my husband and she hung up the phone on me. I do not care how beautiful your residence is. I will not fund a hateful host, let alone wake up and have breakfast with her.

• Stayed: February 2013
10  Thank MrsHansen2012
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a truly amazing place. Beautiful surroundings fabulous rooms. The best blueberry pancakes I've ever had. Top of the line sleep number beds and probably the cleanest place I've ever stayed and I travel a lot. But what makes this place a cut above all others is the owner Nancy. She and her labradoodles make you feel like one of the family. We were their for five nights in February and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Suite on the third floor is fabulous
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends