“Terrible”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Casper
Sunburst Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Casper B&B and Inns
“Terrible”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We called to get a room for a night Nacy had a extremely rude tone of voice to start off with. I asked if she had a room available for the night because everything in casper was booked due to sports. My husband and I obviously knew it wad located on the mountain because we had looked it up, we were out of town for a special weekend together as it was, and from the pictures it looks beautiful and we knew it probably wasnt going to be cheap. Which is fine. She replied in a rude tone, "you are aware that its 20 minutes out of casper dont you!" And i said yes I am aware. She replied well its $165 a night and if thats ok I guess I could continue to tell you about it. For one I wouldnt be calling if I wasnt prepared to pay 40 dollars more then we usually pay when we stay in casper. Two, thats no way to speak to a potential customer, which might I add is pregnant and 3 hours away from home. Three, who is going to want to stay ANYWHERE when you answer the phone like it's your worst enemy on the other line. So I said ok one second, so I could speak to my husband and she hung up the phone on me. I do not care how beautiful your residence is. I will not fund a hateful host, let alone wake up and have breakfast with her.

• Stayed February 2013
10 Thank MrsHansen2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a truly amazing place. Beautiful surroundings fabulous rooms. The best blueberry pancakes I've ever had. Top of the line sleep number beds and probably the cleanest place I've ever stayed and I travel a lot. But what makes this place a cut above all others is the owner Nancy. She and her labradoodles make you feel like one of the family. We were their for five nights in February and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Suite on the third floor is fabulous
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sunburst Lodge Bed and Breakfast for Valentines. The Lodge is beautiful! Anamzing views of the mountain and town of Casper, a romantic fire in the fireplace, music playing in the background and a gracious hostess. We immediately got a tour, bed turn-down service and warm conversation with Nancy. Our room was warm, beautifully decorated, with a large jet-tub and steam shower. What a way to spend Valentines Day! Thank you Nancy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I visited the Sunburst Lodge on Casper Mountain on the weekend of Dec. 8th & we were really amazed at the wonderful experience we had! Our room had a fireplace, bathroom with a jaccuzi tub, large flat screen tv & a really comfortable sleep number bed. The lodge was decorated with beautiful hand made wood chairs, dressers, tables and beds. The owner of the bed and breakfast, Nancy was very kind, pleasant and inviting. We woke up to the smell of a delicious breakfast she had made for us, with with bacon, eggs, french toast, a variety of fruit, cider, juice and coffee. That cabin is peaceful and quiet, with amazing views of the Casper area down below. We left on Sunday feeling relaxed, rested and like we had made a new friend. We will definitely make this beautiful retreat our new getaway spot. This place is so great, we were amazed that we hadn't heard of it before. It is definitely one of Caspers best kept secrets.
Thanks for having us Nancy, we will be back very soon! :-D

• Stayed December 2012
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to the lodge not really knowing what to think as we had never been to a bed and breakfast before...and we were blown away!!! The rooms are beautiful as is the entire lodge. We ha our own jacuzzi tub in our room along with a fireplace. There was a loud group of ladies celebrating their Xmas party and we didn't even hear them throughout the night. Nancy ..the owner cooked us a very nice brunch the next morning. It was just amazing. My husband and me will be back again and again.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This lodge is so gorgeous, I took pictures to put in my "dream house" folder (with permission, of course). Nancy has done an amazing job decorating and prepares an equally impressive breakfast. Nancy was very gracious, and we were sorry we were only able to stay one night. I promised her I would write a review, but was reminded when I received her Christmas card with a dvd of Christmas music that I had not done so. If we ever have occasion to visit the west again, we will certainly make time to spend another couple of days at Sunburst!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

What a wonderful place. The road up the mountain was a bit icy but doable and well worth it for the view and seclusion. The house is nothing less than jaw dropping; with 3 full floors and a fourth "lookout" level it is a log mansion. Baby grand piano in the living room...heated tile bathroom floors...elevator inside....amazing breakfast Nancy cooked for us...could go on and on....we absolutely loved it.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casper
Best Western Plus Casper Inn & Suites
#9 of 21 in Casper
C'mon Inn of Casper
C'mon Inn of Casper
#1 of 5 in Evansville

Been to Sunburst Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!