“Excellent cleanliness”

Hilton Garden Inn Casper
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was our first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. Great location off Interstate 25. Upon arrival there were no verbal instructions for anything such as location of elevator or about meals. I had to ask what I needed to know. However the evening staff were very friendly and instructional. spectacular cleanliness of the room and a nice variety of channels for television. The internet would not work as instructed but I was given a code to access it and that worked fine. Nice newer hotel with gorgeous decorating, a very homey feeling. The ergonomic desk chair was wonderful. Beds can be adjusted for your preferences of firmness which was nice. The pool was very small and so was the spa so we didn't use them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Hilton in Casper is a favorite stop. The rooms have always been very clean, as is the pool area and the restaurant. The bar has friendly service and a good selection, and the morning breakfast is wonderful! The Hilton in Casper has done well by us when traveling for both business and with kids.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

You need to have appropriate expectations when looking for hotels in Casper, Wyoming. This one is about as good as they get: reliable, clean, safe and mostly well run. The rooms are clean and well equipped, the wifi works and the television has enough channels that you can find something to watch when the town shuts down at 9PM. There's a pool and a workout room if you care about that. If the weather's warm, you can walk in the nearby park or watch baseball across the street. Otherwise, the location is typical of motels plopped next to interstate highway exits. The location isn't exactly central, but it's not far from most things in town. The building has no charm whatsoever but no unpleasant surprises either. You have a choice of a room with a view of a retaining wall or a parking lot. The even-numbered rooms at the east end have a view of the mountain on floors 3 and 4.

They claim to have a restaurant and bar, but it's all frozen, pre-made food that's shipped in from somewhere else. It might be useful if you're really hungry and it's after 9PM, but don't get your hopes up. Breakfast is okay, but you'll find better downtown at Eggington's or Sherrie's.

I've looked for better places to stay - but have ended up coming back.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms on the east end of the hotel (ending in 36 or 34) have views of the mountain on...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Embarcadero1
Reviewed April 24, 2012

They had lost our reservation when we checked in. My confirmation number was somehow cancelled? The clerk was friendly and polite. Got us in a room that was clean and modern. Gave us a discount on our room.
We swam in the small but warm, clean pool. Had a business meeting at the hotel the next morning. We didn't eat breakfast at the restaurant. Please note: this hotel DOES NOT have a complimentary breakfast. We did have a simple catered lunch from the restaurant. Then on our way...
This hotel is a bit pricey for Casper, WY, considering it is in a concrete parking lot. No grounds, golfing, walks, etc., but is modern, clean, and friendly. It earns 5 stars from me!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

A typical Hilton Garden Inn, with clean rooms, nice accommodations, a freindly helpful staff, and a generally great place to stay. Truly only one complaint - the evening meal service is atrocious. Which is odd because the breakfast meal is just fine. Ended up having to go elsewhere after waiting far too long to be seated and attended to.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Hampton was booked, which is where I normally stay, so I opted for this place. I don't understand ANY of the negative reviews, as from the moment I checked in until I left, the staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. There was bottled water in the room, which was handy to take with me to the fitness room, they gave me GREAT directions, and when I needed a phone charger, found one and loaned it to me.

The room was quiet, very clean and well maintained. And after I got back from dinner and felt like a nightcap, the bar was fun and the bartender was terrific.

I would definitely recommend this place for both families and business travelers such as myself. I had a suite, and the desk set up was perfect. The sofa folds out which would be handy if the kids were along. Wifi was fast and with the newer Hilton log on set up, easier than it used to be when I had to try and remember the password. I would stay here again without a qualm.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mtngirlnv
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I've been to both the Hampton and HGI I'll stay at the HGI because of the restauran- bar and the beds are very comfortable. The only thing I don't like at HGI is there shower setup. You have to reach in to warm up the shower and you will get hit with cold water.

• Stayed: January 2012